+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

I think much like The Situation that Bristol could potentially take out better dancers not due to her dancing but her political affiliation. It will be interesting to see if her scores start to suddenly rise beyond her ability.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4077691;
    I think much like The Situation that Bristol could potentially take out better dancers not due to her dancing but her political affiliation. It will be interesting to see if her scores start to suddenly rise beyond her ability.
    The sad thing is, they'll have to take Bristol and Mike's scores higher at some point. They can't keep giving performances as bad as last night's were, but continue to praise them and yet still give them the exact same scores they keep getting. Even with horrible performances, eventually it'll grow old, but if they don't improve, it's going to be hard to keep praising them strictly for ratings purposes and giving them 8s and 9s. Mike didn't deserve 7s last night, or even a 6. He should have scored below Margaret.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4077744;
    The sad thing is, they'll have to take Bristol and Mike's scores higher at some point. They can't keep giving performances as bad as last night's were, but continue to praise them and yet still give them the exact same scores they keep getting. Even with horrible performances, eventually it'll grow old, but if they don't improve, it's going to be hard to keep praising them strictly for ratings purposes and giving them 8s and 9s. Mike didn't deserve 7s last night, or even a 6. He should have scored below Margaret.
    I don't know. Their DialIdol scores were much higher than the next lowest pair, for whatever that's actually worth. I know that measures the phone line busy signal and not online or text voting, but if all is relative, her mom's fan base is really going to bat for her. In fact, I believe she has lead in scoring on DialIdol the last 2 weeks also. The discrepancy in that scoring is a bit disconcerting.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-05-2010 at 09:03 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4077753;
    I don't know. Their DialIdol scores were much higher than the next lowest pair, for whatever that's actually worth. I know that measures the phone line busy signal and not online or text voting, but if all is relative, her mom's fan base is really going to bat for her. In fact, I believe she has lead in scoring on DialIdol the last 2 weeks also. The discrepancy in that scoring is a bit disconcerting.
    Notice that Tom never indicated that she was in the actual bottom 2. She was in jeopardy because she got the 2nd lowest judges' score.
    He was very careful with his wording...."but did the viewers choose to save you?"
    She was at the top of the heap on that list which meant she got a lot of calls. It wasn't off that much!

Something that I have noticed is that they are lining up the contestants solely by the judges' scores. Since we don't get an accounting firm's verification, we have no idea whether the person who goes was voted off by the viewers or not.

Something that I have noticed is that they are lining up the contestants solely by the judges' scores. Since we don't get an accounting firm's verification, we have no idea whether the person who goes was voted off by the viewers or not.
    Good point. I will start voting when they can show proof of where the votes go. I don't take any vote count serious (with any of these shows) without proof. The network can say anything, without proof I don't believe them, show me the actual vote number.
    I doubt that she can match Kelly's transformation, but she apparently has had some past athletic experience, and seems to have started the show in a little better physical shape than Kelly, so I suppose it is possible. On the other hand, I don't think Bristol has as much determination, her partner is less helpful, and the competition this season is stronger.
    As far as any comparison between Kelly and Bristol, there is a big difference, Bristol is a pleasant unassuming lady. Kelly cried all through the show "poor little me" type person. Kelly had a very compassionate pro partner Louis who everyone likes. Louis tries to make it about his celebrity partner. Bristol has Mark, who no one likes. To Mark it's all about him such a showoff ham. With a different partner (like Louis or Tony) perhaps Bristol would do better. She definitely should have had a taller partner to match her height. All in all, I'd rather watch Bristol trying hard in her quiet way than watch Kelly crying the poor little me jag for the sympathy card. The judges were very conscious of the Osbourne/Simon Cowell friend name when judging little Kelly. Hopefully, Bristol will get the same respect without being in the final three (like judges pushed Kelly to). She doesn't deserve to be put through over better dancers like Kelly was. No celebrity on this show deserved the disrespect Bruno showed Boden. Yes, judge them harshly but don't rip them to shreds with a public flogging. It's not entertaining to me. They all deserve some manner of respect for trying.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-06-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;4078208;
    As far as any comparison between Kelly and Bristol, there is a big difference, Bristol is a pleasant unassuming lady. Kelly cried all through the show "poor little me" type person. Kelly had a very compassionate pro partner Louis who everyone likes. Louis tries to make it about his celebrity partner. Bristol has Mark, who no one likes. To Mark it's all about him such a showoff ham. With a different partner (like Louis or Tony) perhaps Bristol would do better. She definitely should have had a taller partner to match her height. All in all, I'd rather watch Bristol trying hard in her quiet way than watch Kelly crying the poor little me jag for the sympathy card. The judges were very conscious of the Osbourne/Simon Cowell friend name when judging little Kelly. Hopefully, Bristol will get the same respect without being in the final three (like judges pushed Kelly to). She doesn't deserve to be put through over better dancers like Kelly was. No celebrity on this show deserved the disrespect Bruno showed Boden. Yes, judge them harshly but don't rip them to shreds with a public flogging. It's not entertaining to me. They all deserve some manner of respect for trying.
    Kelly may have been more emotional or more of a drama queen than Bristol, but she also had personality, charisma and a natural enthusiasm that came across in her dancing. Bristol, from what I have seen so far, has none of that. Not surprising, since Kelly was a performer, from a show biz family. Bristol, apart from her famous mother, is an unexceptional and somewhat dull young woman, and that is what comes across in her dancing to me. Yes, she has done a good job learning the steps and I'm sure she's trying hard, but I suspect that if you chose a bunch of random ordinary people off the street and taught them each a dance routine, you'd end up with a lot of performances like Bristol's. Very nice, but I don't need to watch it. At this rate, if she (or Mike) make it into the top 6 when they do the team dances, it will really be a travesty and totally unfair to the other dancers. Feh.

Who the heck is voting for Bristol and why is she still there. She should have gone home last night, not Cho. I wonder if Bristol's nutty and crazy mother will be there next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4078218;
    Kelly may have been more emotional or more of a drama queen than Bristol, but she also had personality, charisma and a natural enthusiasm that came across in her dancing. Bristol, from what I have seen so far, has none of that. Not surprising, since Kelly was a performer, from a show biz family.
    I don't think that I can blame Bristol's singular lack of charm on her background not being show biz. I have seen many "average" people over the years on television (man on the street, being interviewed on talk shows for events in their life, etc.), and that includes teenagers and children, who were chockful of charm, wit and charisma. She is just dull. She is a dull dancer, she has a dull personality, and she appears to be intellectually dull based on what she has to say to the camera.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I strongly disagree that Margaret was even nearly as good as Bristol. Though this story telling thing requiring emotion wasn't her forte, still her footwork, her arms and the grace with which she moves were head and shoulders above Margaret who just looks awkward.
    I don't think people should vote for her because of her mother, but neither do I think she should be penalized for the same reason.
    (And yes, I agree she's been overscored - almost everyone has been.)

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4077112;
    I feel for Bristol because show wanting her to stay isn't really about Bristol herself but her mother. That has to be hard on such a young girl.
    True, but every opportunity she's had over the past two years has been because of who her mother is. Doing this show might actually provide her the opprtunity to break out and get further offers because she's Bristol Palin from DWTS, not just because she's Sarah Palin's daughter.

I thought her dance was dull this week, but that's Mark's fault not hers. I thought she did ok with the little bit of acting at the beginning of the dance. She was a little wooden, but at least she attempted to act her part rather than just stand there.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread