+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

I think it's remarkably funny reading all the comments about whether Bristol is a star or not. This is a dancing show - the comments here should be about the dancing. I'm not rooting for her, and I'm wholely against her mom...

But as to whether she's "star" enough to be on this show let me ask you this...

Did you know who she was when they first announced her name. I did. That alone makes her "famous" enough for this show.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;4072009;
    I think it's remarkably funny reading all the comments about whether Bristol is a star or not. This is a dancing show - the comments here should be about the dancing. I'm not rooting for her, and I'm wholely against her mom...

Did you know who she was when they first announced her name. I did. That alone makes her "famous" enough for this show.
    Let's then insist that ABC rename the show "Dancing with the Famous and Infamous". Who could argue about that? It would fit better, given the type of contestants they have been casting for many of it's seasons.

She was def overscored last night. Her mom being there could have helped that along because it was last night's storyline. Her dancing is okay not great. Seems like a sweet girl. I don't think she contends but I could see her going at least mid-way. There are worse left.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

They really went to great lengths over boo-gate. Jennifer/Derek weren't very convincing trying to act like they were stunned. Something about it seems shady, but whatever.

I'm enjoying Bristol, even if I completely disagree with CA's comment that she's anything like Kelly Osbourne. But given her "I can't wait to see you come back week after week after week", I guess Mark and Derek may get their wish about being in the finals together. She still has a ways to go, and her quick step was most definitely overscored. The samba is one of the dances next week, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bristol got that one. Plus, it's story week. Her quickstep was better than her cha cha, but I would have said 3 6s, tops (and of course, since that was the same score as her cha cha, I also felt that was overscored).

Mark really needs to dress his partners in more flattering costumes. He's not the only offender, but one of the worst. Still not a fan of his, but glad things seem to be going well with him and Bristol.

She may not be the best dancer but with no experience at all (acting, performance of any kind, etc) she is doing better than I would have thought.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

The good news is that they didn't cast Levi Johnston.....

As long as DWTS seems H-bent on sending subliminal messages in the songs that Bristol dances to here's another suggestion:

"Sister Christian" by Night Ranger!!! Love that song.

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;4072009;

Of course she's famous enough, but to many being famous doesn't equal being a "star".
    Also, while we've asked that people try to keep politics out of the thread, there is no requirement to only discuss dancing and it's not the place of anyone to instruct people as to what their comments should be about.
    On a show called "Dancing With the Stars" it seems fairly obvious people will discuss whether they consider the participants worthy of the title "star". Those comments and that discussion are by no means exclusive to Bristol's thread
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4072830;
    Of course she's famous enough, but to many being famous doesn't equal being a "star".
    Also, while we've asked that people try to keep politics out of the thread, there is no requirement to only discuss dancing and it's not the place of anyone to instruct people as to what their comments should be about.
    On a show called "Dancing With the Stars" it seems fairly obvious people will discuss whether they consider the participants worthy of the title "star". Those comments and that discussion are by no means exclusive to Bristol's thread
    I guess the real debate is what is the definition of a "star". According to the show, it seems to be either fame (or infamy), talent or accomplishment, but not necessarily all three.

I personally think it is wonderful that Bristol has been given this opportunity. I am enjoying the fact that Mark is respectful to her and her family. No matter what you think of her Mom, Bristol seems like a very sweet young lady. Michael Bolton deserved to go home last night as did the Hoff the week before.

I am one who had no idea who Steve-O was NOR would I want my kids watching his program. I did however enjoy getting to know him as a person in a setting that was probably out of his comfort zone. He won me over.

I thought Jerry Springer was a joke until I watched him on DWTS. I was so wrong. What a sweetheart. What a wonderful Dad.

I for one am rooting for both she and Mark. I think that with Bristol what you see is what you get. She will either dance well and continue or go home. America will get it right in the end. Until then...Bristol you go girl. At 19 years old you are a beauty inside and out. JMHO

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4072733;
    The good news is that they didn't cast Levi Johnston....
    Very funny!

I just heard Bristol say in an interview, she & Mark will be dancing the Foxtrot next week. I hope they do well and stay on the program for awhile at least.
    Last edited by SsnWard; 09-30-2010 at 12:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread