+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

FORT Fan

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4068844;
    I also wish she hadn't gotten Mark as a partner. Someone very understanding but firm would have been the ticket. Also taller!
    I think Derek would have been the perfect partner for her. No seriously, I do. He is the right height, a creative choreographer, and it would be his chance to put his money where his mouth is, so to speak. We would see if Derek is a good teacher, or if he can only perform if he has a partner that has either previous dance experience or a natural ability.

Bristol seems willing to learn, unlike Kate. I would like to see what someone as highly touted as Derek could have done with her. Mark, unfortunately, seems to believe that him dancing circles around her, and mugging for the camera will make up for her lack of movement. Unfortunately for them, Mark's hyperactive style of dancing only emphasizes Bristol's current lack of dance talent.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4068946;
    You know, I really don't care who her mama is or why she chose to do the show. What I saw was a very shy, self-conscious, uncomfortable woman/child. She seemed to be trying to learn, however, I think she kept getting in her own way. I hope she improves, gains some self-confidence, and learns something positive about herself through this experience.
    I hear what you're saying and feel the same way. I CANNOT stomach anything about her mother, and am not looking forward to ever seeing Sarah in the audience, but I'm willling to give this kid a break.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;4069041;
    I hear what you're saying and feel the same way. I CANNOT stomach anything about her mother, and am not looking forward to ever seeing Sarah in the audience, but I'm willling to give this kid a break.
    I feel the same way, but I just hope that her mother's fanbase doesn't keep her in the competition far longer than her dancing merits.

And I also would have loved to see what Derek could have done with her as a partner. Personally, I think the best one to really teach her something would have been Louis, political views aside.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4069043;
    ...I just hope that her mother's fanbase doesn't keep her in the competition far longer than her dancing merits....
    They will.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by twinkietoz;4068589;
    From the above story, which makes it sound as if mom's not being there the first show was Bristol's choice. Hopefully she'll feel more comfortable this week. I'd feel a little more friendly to her if she wasn't going the abstinence route....somehow I don't think that in those weeks when it looked like she and Levi would get back together that they were that abstinent...for starters, doesn't seem like Levi's style. But yes, hoping Bristol gets something out of this "adventure" that will allow her to grow a bit. Of course since she can probably only afford to live it at home don't guess she can grow too much.

"As they arrived at the town's dance studio, Bristol was stunned by a warm welcome by family, friends and fans -- and mom Sarah Palin. Bristol signed autographs and posed for pictures before heading into the studio to rehearse her quickstep.

Bristol tells ET that when she flies back to Hollywood, son Tripp will be there with her, along with mom Sarah, who will be in the audience Monday night on "Dancing with the Stars."

"I get to come this week," says Sarah. "Grandma went last week, it's my turn this week, and definitely I'll be there."

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4069035;
    I think Derek would have been the perfect partner for her. No seriously, I do. He is the right height, a creative choreographer, and it would be his chance to put his money where his mouth is, so to speak. We would see if Derek is a good teacher, or if he can only perform if he has a partner that has either previous dance experience or a natural ability.
    I think she'd be more comfortable with Derek. He's not as grabby as Mark. But I think someone like Maks or Louie would have been better.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Newbie

What was interesting to me about that segment, is that she originally stated that she drove her truck with son & nanny to CA for DWTS. Now suddenly the truck and kid are in AK? Ya, right! Also, if there was anybody in the audience for Bristol last week, they certainly were NOT shown. It's apparent this sentence also applies to Bristol - " Her on-the-record statements about herself amount to a litany of untruths and half-truths."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I tend feel that same way about Mark. If he doesn't have a partner that's either a flat out ringer or has some ability, he just seems to put on a fake front and give up. Bristol would have been an interesting challenge for Derek, though it'd be a question if his fanbase or Sarah's were keeping them in. I don't think they would have looked as unevenly matched like Bristol/Mark do. They just look plain odd together.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-25-2010 at 05:24 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4069209;
    I tend feel that same way about Mark. If he doesn't have a partner that's either a flat out ringer or has some ability, he just seems to put on a fake front and give up. Bristol would have been an interesting challenge for Derek, though it'd be a question if his fanbase or Sarah's were keeping them in. I don't think they would have looked as unevenly matched like Bristol/Mark do. They just look plain odd together.
    You know...Mark pulled Shawn Johnson out of her shyness... I think he's a perfect match for Bristol. She is, as others have said a shy young woman. She was sucked up into her mother's political agenda - not by choice but because she was family. You have to give Bristol a nod for enduring the press because of her mother for her less-than-stellar choices in life that ultimately was aired all around the world. Teen pregnancy out of wed-lock is not a easy row to hoe...harder yet when the cameras are all around.

I think this show will be perfect for her to build her confidence and individuality. I wouldn't believe everything that is written about her "agenda" or "motives" behind her joining in on the dance competition. I think it is just as she said that it was, and that is the gal needs a break from the Alaskan drama.

As for being unevenly matched... that wasn't her choice either. Mark is up for the challenge and I'm quite sure they will make a good friendship in this - as they generally do.

I vote - let's keep political feelings toward "mom" off the dance floor.

I feel for the kid, and I'm all for her personal growth, but it's not my responsibility to nurture it. The show is called "Dancing with the Stars" and I can't support the casting of Bristol Palin or anyone who isn't an entertainer from another field, or a celebrity who is famous for having achieved something extraordinary, like Buzz Aldrin or an Olympian. Even some reality TV stars are OK, as long as they truly developed fanbases that non-fans would recognize, and aren't simply notorious (like a Johnny Fairplay or a generic VH1 skank).

Casting Bristol Palin is like casting Kato Kaelin: she is a bystander to history, not a maker of history. There are other shows that she can use as a springboard for "personal discovery"; I personally don't like DWTS to participate in this kind of one-way benefit for someone who is in the news for reasons other than real achievement.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-25-2010 at 11:04 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread