+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Hasselhoff & Kym Johnson - Season 11

David Hasselhoff & Kym Johnson - Season 11

We all know that David Hasselhoff is an international superstar across all genres of music, television and film. But, how will he do on the dancefloor?

Listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as “The Most Watched TV Star in the World,” Hasselhoff got his start in entertainment on the popular soap opera The Young and the Restless and was quickly pursued to play the lead role of the 1980’s cult favorite Knight Rider. But his rise to fame catapulted when he starred in the television phenomenon Baywatch. The series ran for 11 years and is still viewed in 140 countries by over one billion viewers every week.

Throughout his extraordinary television career, Hasselhoff has also appeared in feature films such as Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story and Adam Sandler’s Click. Off screen, he has recorded multiple albums, one that has gone triple platinum, starred in the Broadway musical Jekyll & Hyde, in London’s West End production of Chicago, and The Producers in Las Vegas. Most recently, Hasselhoff was honored by Comedy Central with The Comedy Central Roast of David Hasselhoff which premiered as one of the top-rated comedy roasts on the network.

Not only is Hasselhoff a multi-faceted talent but he is also a writer of an autobiography titled Don’t Hassel The Hoff, which made the UK Best Seller list re-titled as Making Waves and debuted at #8 in Austria on the non-fiction charts. Beyond his entertainment contributions, Hasselhoff is the co-founder of “Race for Life” and an active participant in Wounded Warriors and Wheels for Humanity.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: David Hasselhoff & Kym Johnson - Season 11

So excited Kym is back! And that she got what will hopefully be a fun partner in David. I don't know how his dancing will be, but I'm looking forward to seeing them. His "don't hassle the Hoff" will wear old, but I'll just mute his schtick if I have to. Kym's always brought out the best and the fun in her partners.

Who is John Galt?

He'll probably flirt like mad with her (I think he is single now). Hopefully, he has kicked his alcoholism and will remain clean throughout the season.

I have to root for him, in all his cheesetasticness. I love the Hoff.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I'm really happy Kym is back, too! I missed her last season.

On one hand, Kym is my favorite DWTS pro, hands down. Always.

On the other hand, I really don't like "The Hoff". His schtick got old a long time ago, and its all he knows, all he does. He can't act, his humor is one dimensional and repetitive, and he's one of those William Shatneresque guys, who's only mocking himself as a cleanup career move, after years of taking himself seriously and having people mock him and being oblivious most of that time about it.

His worst stuff is that crap where he uses "Hoff" once every 2 minutes or so as a bad pun/substitute word (stuff like... "I'll Hoff to get back to you", "That was Hoff-ful", etc.)

I'd hoped he'd leave that behind with America's Got Talent, but in fact saw a DWTS commercial on ABC tonight... where he did just that.

Still... its Kym. Damn. What a dilemma. Its like the exact flip side of "what if Smug Derek actually got an AWESOME partner instead of someone just as smug as him" (which he actually might have with Jennifer Gray).
    Last edited by Krom; 09-14-2010 at 12:16 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4060447;
    On one hand, Kym is my favorite DWTS pro, hands down. Always.

On the other hand, I really don't like "The Hoff". His schtick got old a long time ago, and its all he knows, all he does. He can't act, his humor is one dimensional and repetitive, and he's one of those William Shatneresque guys, who's only mocking himself as a cleanup career move, after years of taking himself seriously and having people mock him and being oblivious most of that time about it.

His worst stuff is that crap where he uses "Hoff" once every 2 minutes or so as a bad pun/substitute word (stuff like... "I'll Hoff to get back to you", "That was Hoff-ful", etc.)

I'd hoped he'd leave that behind with America's Got Talent, but in fact saw a DWTS commercial on ABC tonight... where he did just that.

Still... its Kym. Damn. What a dilemma. Its like the exact flip side of "what if Smug Derek actually got an AWESOME partner instead of someone just as smug as him" (which he actually might have with Jennifer Gray).
    The Hoff schtick gets old, but other than that, I think David's a fun guy and really love Kym. They're going to be great together. He already has Jerry Springers approval, and that's one partner Kym has always spoken very fondly of when asked about previous ones (of course not that I think Jerry's approval is a big deal, and Jerry came on with a sort of anti-fan base and won people over). David won't be doing that. Either way, I'm happy she's back and has someone good. At least personality wise (I've never seen him dance). Watching Howie this season on AGT has made me miss David with each passing episode. Four judges is too many for those shows, but maybe they could try just Piers and Sharon. I wouldn't be surprised if the show eggs him on to do that, but I hope the judges, Tom, and Brooke don't get in the habit. Would be funny if he made it to Dance Center week and had Kenny Mayne mock him for it.

I was thinking I'm surprised Derek has never tried and done something like that with his last name. I remember his intro during season 7 was "I'll Hough and puff and blow this competition away". Hopefully David doesn't start something getting him doing it.

David left me disappointed. I wasn't expecting much of his dancing, but figured he'd at least add comedic touches to it. I think he was more like a cross between Adam Carolla and David Alan Grier-his jokes fell flat. I'm not sure he'll be around as long as I was expecting. His cha cha was something, though.

His fanbase (if they are even watching) may keep him around for a while, but no way is he making it more than halfway. When it comes to ballroom dancing, he's all flash, no chops.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

His dancing was awful, but he's still an actor with two hit television series. He's earned his "star" status. I'd rather watch him for a while than the reality tv non-stars.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast