+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas - Season 11

Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas - Season 11

We know she’s a multi-talented actress, talk show host, recording artist, author, Broadway veteran and philanthropist. But all we keep screaming excitedly in our heads is: “It’s Mrs. Brady!!!!!”

Florence Henderson’s career is as active today as when she first appeared as the “Today Girl” on NBC’s Today Show and the first woman to host The Tonight Show. Florence has appeared on such popular prime time programs and made for television specials as the critically acclaimed movie of the week for Hallmark entitled Ladies of the House and the popular RLTV Network’s Florence Henderson Show. she will always be best known in syndication worldwide as “America’s Favorite Mom” and matriarch Carol Brady, on the classic hit TV series The Brady Bunch, which aired for five seasons (1969-1974), has never been off the air in this country, and currently airs in 122 countries around the world.

Acknowledged as one of the top leading spokespersons in the U.S., Florence has been a celebrity spokeswoman for Oldsmobile, Tang, Polident, Rain Soft, Pepsi Light and Wesson Oil. In fact, she maintains a busy schedule as one of the most popular and sought after motivational speakers as well as performing her one-woman show entitled All the Lives of Me… A Musical Journey. Her first role on stage was in Joshua Logan’s musical, Wish You Were Here, and shortly thereafter she was cast in Rodgers & Hammerstein’s last national tour of Oklahoma!

Ms. Henderson’s long list of stage credits includes the starring role in The Great Waltz for the Los Angeles Civic Light Opera, the starring role of Fanny, the lead role of “Maria” in The Sound of Music, the lead in The Girl Who Came to Supper, the role of Nellie Forbush in Noel Coward’s South Pacific, and the starring role of “Anna,” opposite Ricardo Montalban, in The King and I. Her first feature film credit was in The Song of Norway.

As a producer and a talk-show host, her credits also include The Nashville Network’s cooking and comedy series Country Kitchen. The experiences inspired her to write a cookbook, A Little Cooking, A Little Talking and A Whole Lot Of Fun.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas - Season 11

to having Corky back. Not that I'd want Florence partnered with Tony or Maks, but why can they pair the younger girls with the over 70 men, but need Corky for the over 70 girls? It'll be interesting how Ma Brady does. I think she'll be out by mid-way at the latest, but probably sooner. Hopefully she can move.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4057692;
    :. Not that I'd want Florence partnered with Tony or Maks, but why can they pair the younger girls with the over 70 men, but need Corky for the over 70 girls? .
    I don't really know what to think about Corky as I only remember him with Cloris and the awful "humor" we had to endure instead of actual dancing. Still , I have the same question--and i wouldn't mind seeing Florence with Tony myself, because Tony's routines often don't ask enough of younger dancers in my opinion, but would be great fore someone older.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4058266;
    I don't really know what to think about Corky as I only remember him with Cloris and the awful "humor" we had to endure instead of actual dancing. Still , I have the same question--and i wouldn't mind seeing Florence with Tony myself, because Tony's routines often don't ask enough of younger dancers in my opinion, but would be great fore someone older.
    I am wondering if we might should be questioning Florence instead of dismissing her in the cavalier manner in which we have been tempted to do to this point.

This lady, evidently, has begged the producers for the opportunity to be on this show for seasons. I believe she has done Broadway? If so, she has experience with dance. If she has kept herself up in the gym or with personal trainers, Florence might be in much better shape, and might be in a better position to give this a better run for the money than we have thought.
    Will she win - most likely not, but she might well not be the first one out either.

I strongly doubt she'll be leaving the stage very early.
    She's one of the few on tap this season who was an actual "star" at some point.
    I'm praying that Corky tones it down this season, though. He's one of the most annoying Pros to ever appear on this show, IMO.

I totally agree with Karalott upthread. Why was someone like Buzz Aldrin paired with Ashley Costa who could have been his granddaughter and lorence gets stuck with this guy? Total discrimination on the part of DWTS, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4058430;
    I strongly doubt she'll be leaving the stage very early.
    She's one of the few on tap this season who was an actual "star" at some point.
    I'm praying that Corky tones it down this season, though. He's one of the most annoying Pros to ever appear on this show, IMO.

I totally agree with Karalott upthread. Why was someone like Buzz Aldrin paired with Ashley Costa who could have been his granddaughter and lorence gets stuck with this guy? Total discrimination on the part of DWTS, IMO.
    Florence requested Derek and Tony, and she winds up with Corky. Kind of like going to Burger King and thinking you'll get a good steak. Cloris was a different kind of person that apparently needed to be babysat, and seemed more like a good partner for Corky's style. I don't think Florence will put up with it. I hope Corky's toned it down, but I'm not counting on it. If Wonder Boy wins again I guess he and Mark will be fighting over who gets to hoist him on their shoulders.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-11-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Well, that's real upsetting to hear. You'd think they would have honored her request.
    I would have much preferred to see her paired with either Tony or Derek.
    I don't really mind the latter ande I'd prefer to see Derek hoisted anyday over Corky mugging for the camera. Can't tolerate the man.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think Corky will be different this season. If I remember correctly, Florence said she didn't like how Cloris acted when she was on DWTS.

FORT Fogey

Cloris acted very much like a lot of the people from that era I remember watching with my grandparents when I was young. I think it is over the top, but a lot of the actors, comedians, etc were just that way. I think Corky is a little much, but he had to have some angle to promote what an almost ninety year old women trying to compete with much much younger stars. I think they went the slapstick route, but took it just a little too far. I see Florence being more toned down, but she did a lot of that same type of comedy over the years, so who knows.

I just hope they don't try and spoof something from The Brady Bunch. I don't need to see Corky of all pros donning a white and blue striped suit and cha chaing to "Keep On". Corky definitely took his antics too far and while Cloris was a lost cause dance wise, the show should have intervened a little. The joke went too far, and they let Cloris go on and on too long. I'll never forget during the ballroom kids competition, when one of the kiddie couples was backstage and Cloris basically got in their face about picking her as their favorite. She just came out of nowhere and hogged the interview.

Florence will probably do well because of the "Mrs. Brady" icon, but I'll be curious how her dancing is. Given some comments I've seen by pros, it seems like some of my favorites may not end up doing so well (and the ones I don't want to see do well will be there in the end).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast