+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

We wonder...when she dirty danced with Patrick Swayze was she secretly imagining it being a Viennese Waltz?

A beloved actress of both film and television, Jennifer Grey is best known for her starring roles in the iconic movies Dirty Dancing and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Grey starred as Frances “Baby” Houseman in the award-winning, box office hit Dirty Dancing, which is widely considered one of the best dance movies of all time.

Some of Grey’s other films include the Ben Affleck movie Bounce, Red Dawn, and The Cotton Club. Grey starred in the television sitcom, It’s Like, You Know… and has made memorable television appearances on such shows as Friends, John from Cincinnati, The New Adventures of Old Christine, and an upcoming episode of the medical drama House. She has also starred in various television movies, including A Case for Murder, CBS’s The West Side Waltz, and a Lifetime original movie Road to Christmas.

Jennifer is the daughter of Tony® and Academy Award® winner, Joel Grey, and resides in Los Angeles with her family, actor/director Clark Gregg and daughter.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

If there's one team I hope falls way short of the hype this season, it's these two. I don't like Jennifer, and am way over the golden boy. But I'll resign myself to the fact that they're probably in it for the long haul. DD and Patrick Swayze will get jammed down our throats, and they'll make Patrick and Jennifer out to be closer friends than they probably were. If they do decade themes this week, these two will probably get the 80s and a rumba to She's Like the Wind. The judges will be enamored that someone at her age can still move, even if it looks slightly awkward. Same stuff every season where Derek's concerned.

And what did Jennifer do to herself?

Jennifer and Patrick WERE good friends. He taught her everything for that movie even though, as a ballet dancer, he had to learn the new style from scratch, and it wasn't easy for him. I've always loved Jennifer's dad and I wish her well even though I don't particularly like Derek.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm stoked to have Jennifer on, period. I'm going to be rooting for her to get far.

Who is John Galt?

I like Jennifer and one of my all time favorite movies is Dirty Dancing. Of course, I am a huge Patrick Swayze fan (one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen). However, it is too bad she is coupled with Derek Hough. He is a good choreographer, but always seems to get very very luck with partners. Since Jennifer's dad was a dancer and she has had some experience, she will probably do well. After all, 50 is NOT old.

I've always liked Jennifer.
    Before the nose job, she looked exactly like my best friend from middle school.
    I still happen to like Derek, though I do agree that he gets a bit goofy at times. But, he's adorable and a great dancer.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I like Jennifer (hated, hated, hated Dirty Dancing, though - godawful piece of tripe), like her dad, like her husband, and like Derek's dancing. So I guess I hope she wins at this point.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I like Jennifer, and I like Derek, so it's good all-around for me!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Completely agree with Karalott. I really have no beef with Jennifer, and I loved her in DD. I just can't bring myself to root for anyone partnered with Derek. Maybe after he gets a couple of clunkers I'll feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4058052;
    Completely agree with Karalott. I really have no beef with Jennifer, and I loved her in DD. I just can't bring myself to root for anyone partnered with Derek. Maybe after he gets a couple of clunkers I'll feel differently.
    My sentiments exactly. I so wanted to root for her, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast