+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Jennifer Grey is the only reason I'm watching this season. I truly want her to win and will vote for her, and only for her, each week. She's a very talented 50 year old woman who has been through a lot. It would be great to see a woman in her age bracket make it through to the end.

That said, I wish she were partnered with Tony Dovolani and not Derek. I believe Derek is an outstanding dancer, probably the best of all the men, but I don't want to see him with another trophy. Jennifer would probably do just as well, overall, with Tony (or Max) as a partner and, IMO, he deserves to own a mirror ball trophy of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;4069042;
    That said, I wish she were partnered with Tony Dovolani and not Derek. I believe Derek is an outstanding dancer, probably the best of all the men, but I don't want to see him with another trophy. Jennifer would probably do just as well, overall, with Tony (or Max) as a partner and, IMO, he deserves to own a mirror ball trophy of his own.
    I actually think, if not for the compromising pictures of Conrad Green that Derek must have in his possession, that the logical partner for Jennifer, both age-wise and height-wise, would have been Louis, and Derek should have gotten his first project in Margaret Cho. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4069046;
    I actually think, if not for the compromising pictures of Conrad Green that Derek must have in his possession, that the logical partner for Jennifer, both age-wise and height-wise, would have been Louis, and Derek should have gotten his first project in Margaret Cho. Oh well.
    Agreed, Ironcat.

First of all, Louis is my favorite pro. The others can dance just as well, but I think our scrappy Belgian has more heart. That he has the heart and soul of a teacher is obvious. Margaret is just offputtingly weird to me. Niecy was a little off-putting at first, and I thought the size differential was going to be odd, but Niecy was a serious student and revealed herself to be a hard worker and a surprisingly good dancer. She and Louis had a bond. I don't see the same bond developing between him and Margaret, but I could be wrong. We'll see what they put together for this week. If it's another whackadoo outfit, she may as well not wait for the voting and just go straight home. I think Louis is resigned to whatever occurs.

But he is such a wonderful dancer and deserves a chance to really show what he can do with someone with potential to reach the finals. Why can't he be a leading man dancer instead of the supporting clown to whatever ethnic jokefest is in the cast that go-round? Louis was a perfect match to Jennifer, who is tiny. Louis is not young enough to be Jennifer's son. So, yeah, on all fronts, that should have been the pairing. Maybe Derek with Bristol, for age-appropriateness, if nothing else. Surely Bristol's got more name-recognition than niche comedienne Margaret, if they are worried about sending Derek out too early. As the reigning champ, he should have stepped aside graciously and given one of his colleagues a crack at the mirror ball, by agreeing to work with one of the 'projects' instead of one of the ringers. I wish there was a bit more equality practiced in the assigning of partners. I know ultimately it's not the pros' decisions about who they get assigned to. But it's getting really obvious as to who is going to get the best dancers of any season, and that is getting monotonous.

I wish they'd assign celebrities in a logical manner ... 1st out gets 1st choice next season, and so on. Those that do not repeat seasons get last shot.

I have like Louis since Kelly was his partner. Didn't pay much attention before then.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

3 trophies for Derek in 2 years, when the majority of pros have been on since season 2 (2006?) and haven't had 1...not very balanced. If he wins again, they need to sit him out next season. If they bring him back, he doesn't need a challenge like Kelly Osbourne, he needs a Kate Gosselin. Someone completely unlikeable, totally non-self aware, who got the same fan reaction Kate did, that the judges compare to a shopping cart, who clomps around and has no hope. I don't think Jennifer's a shoo-in just yet, unless the judges totally pimp her performances every week to be better than they were, but it's obvious she's no challenge for Derek, dance wise or attitude wise.

Thanks to those of you who mentioned the lift. I *thought* I saw a lift, but wasn't positive.

I hope they don't bring up Dirty Dancing every week.

I think it will be interesting to see how she does at the Latin dances.

Anyway, I'm with those of you who wish they had paired Jennifer with someone else, such as Jonathan or Tony.

I like Jennifer, but I really don't want to see Derek win again.

I would totally be rooting for Jennifer if she wasn't paired with Derek. The fact that Shannon Elizabeth was his worst partner says a lot. Even Mark has gotten the likes of Kim Kardashian and Bristol Palin. When will Derek suffer the same as the rest of the pros? Sit him out next season and replace him with Alec or Jonathan, I say.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Something about Jennifer just really bugs. I don't know what it is, but she comes across kind of obnoxious. Their jive was great, but as I put in the episode thread, when Derek pulls something like that out of a person like Florence, then I'll be impressed. For now, it's the same thing we see every season. And given how the competition is stacking up, he should probably start making room for that third trophy Hopefully Mark has enough tact not to rush the stage, knock Jennifer over, and hoist Derek betwen his legs.

I'm glad their jive didn't get any higher than 8s. It bugs me they took the top spot again, but unlike last week, I guess they deserved it. However, I hate seeing 9s or 10s this early in the competition for anyone. I wish they'd hold off handing out 8s so soon, too. Why not make them really work for those scores?

I was already resigned to Jennifer going far, but she doesn't seem to have any competition in terms of winning just yet. Hopefully some other people step it up or get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4071448;
    Something about Jennifer just really bugs. I don't know what it is, but she comes across kind of obnoxious. Their jive was great, but as I put in the episode thread, when Derek pulls something like that out of a person like Florence, then I'll be impressed. For now, it's the same thing we see every season. And given how the competition is stacking up, he should probably start making room for that third trophy Hopefully Mark has enough tact not to rush the stage, knock Jennifer over, and hoist Derek betwen his legs.

I'm glad their jive didn't get any higher than 8s. It bugs me they took the top spot again, but unlike last week, I guess they deserved it. However, I hate seeing 9s or 10s this early in the competition for anyone. I wish they'd hold off handing out 8s so soon, too. Why not make them really work for those scores?

I was already resigned to Jennifer going far, but she doesn't seem to have any competition in terms of winning just yet. Hopefully some other people step it up or get it together.
    I feel exactly the same way,I even said those exact words to my daughter as we were watching last night. Then it dawned on me as to what it was... She's acts so dramatic about everthing, and as you said it comes across as very obnoxious. Last night both of them laying on the floor I thought was ridiculous, not once but twice! I do think she is a great dancer and will go far, but not so sure on the win. She might turn into a Gilles or Mia, does very well till the end and someone else sneaks in for the win.

She was my favorite going in but last night's dance was very good but I did not like her dramatics. Looks as though Derek has too much influence over her.

+ Reply to Thread