+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4112018;
    I agree 50 is no longer old. But that's only been in the last few decades. At the turn of the century in 1900 the average life span of citizens of the USA was less than 50 (partly due to infant mortality but partly due to no way to cure the big diseases). I'm early 50s and in college I was taught that the average life expectancy for men was 68 and for women 76. It's only changed very recently (and I thank goddess to have a healthy 93 yr old mom and 84 yr old dad).

As a very fit active 50s woman, the onset of menopause has caused me to develop osteopenia. I have broken two feet and 3 ribs in the last few years over minor things like a slip in the tub, a trip over the backyard hose....things that would have caused bruising a few years ago, not caused broken bones. I've got an arthritic neck, a few months ago I had a trigger thumb. It never ends! It hurts.

So yeah, compared to teenagers 50 is oldER and nothing to be ashamed about. I'm thrilled to see a 50 yr old woman prove to be a much better dancer than teenagers.

To me, that's what this show is about. Maybe you have to be "old" to really appreciate what Jennifer is doing. I do recognize that Kyle has improved immensely, too. My best wishes to both of them.
    lol - good point. I was totally impressed by Jennifer last night....Yes she had a few moments of hesitation BUT she still out danced the other two. Was that dance 10 worthy? most definitely considering the scores that Kyle and Bristol got Bristol is the one with the real over inflated scores and for me Kyle's dancing is "kitchy"... cute but not mirror ball worthy, second place would still be a great feat for him. Jennifer for the win!!
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by needsalife;4111967;
    I was shocked their freestyle got a 30. I thought it was very good, but not outstanding. I thought it was deserving of 27 or 28. I actually thought Kyle's freestyle was better.
    Perhaps, but the judges are looking ahead to who should win this, I am sure. By keeping Jennifers scores as high as they can justify it may save the show embarassment but more importantly they want to secure some credibility for future participants. I am not sure if it will attract many "stars" given the hoopla this season as it is. Should Kyle or Bristol win over Jennifer it could discourage many who may have been thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4112137;
    Perhaps, but the judges are looking ahead to who should win this, I am sure. By keeping Jennifers scores as high as they can justify it may save the show embarassment but more importantly they want to secure some credibility for future participants. I am not sure if it will attract many "stars" given the hoopla this season as it is. Should Kyle or Bristol win over Jennifer it could discourage many who may have been thinking about it.
    I’ve read that comment throughout the season and……….really?? “Stars” only go on this show if they feel it is legit?? This season has been full of missteps and better dancers leaving before their time – just like any other.

A season like this that has been full of controversy with loads of media attention is exactly the kind of ‘publicity’ any has-been/wanna be would be looking for.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Well, I guess the good news is that it hasn't been all that predictable this season, from the start I did not think it would go down like this all along with each elimination.

Jennifer for the win!!!!

northernviewer: I think they'd be smart to do it .. pull on the heart-strings of Swayze fans... after all, the Palin's are going all out, why not Jennifer?
    True, Patrick Swayze still has bundles of fans (including me). That alone would bring many viewers to see Jennifer dance. She was a ringer from the start I think because of the many viewers she brought because of Patrick.

northernviewer: If I was her I'd do it, it's a classic and could be what she needs to over-ride all the Palin for President votes.
    Obviously ABC gained many new viewers this year because of people's love of Patrick Swayze and Tea Party enthusiasts. ABC had a win win situation this year. Bet they aren't complaining about all the high ratings nor will they change the show to accommodate fairness.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;4112243;
    True, Patrick Swayze still has bundles of fans (including me). That alone would bring many viewers to see Jennifer dance. She was a ringer from the start I think because of the many viewers she brought because of Patrick.

Obviously ABC gained many new viewers this year because of people's love of Patrick Swayze and Tea Party enthusiasts. ABC had a win win situation this year. Bet they aren't complaining about all the high ratings nor will they change the show to accommodate fairness.
    I'm a huge Swayze fan, but was not for Jennifer. A lot of that has to do with the fact that she has TONS of dancing experience, but mainly b/c she was paired with Derek. I find him to be full of himself. I will say he is a great choreographer, but he is too cocky for me
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4112137;
    If this were true, then only those stars who have dancing backgrounds and rhythm would be on the show. I enjoy watching the dancers who are in it for the enjoyment of trying something new. I have not been a Jennifer fan or a Bristol fan. Jennifer has been whiny and has a sense of entitlement. Bristol has turned me off because of her attitude and the fact that she doesn't really appreciate the experience.

If I am not mistaken, before the season started there was an article somewhere where she was quoted as saying she didn't want Levi in the audience because this was all about her and this was her turn. That turned me off from the start because she was blasting him for being all about the fame when she is doing the same thing.

I think Jennifer just glows and seems so happy to be there. It seems like she has surprise even herself with what she is able to do. I'm hoping she wins - she has been a pleasure to watch.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Jennifer was really great last night. I am rooting for and voted for Bristol, but will be okay if Jen wins because she danced great. I agree that she glows. She does. She is also elegant and really classy. I will watch any future projects she does and Kyle as well. I thoroughly enjoyed her tonight.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I really hope Jen gets some acting work now she's back in the public eye. I think that's the obvious motivator for many of the contestants on this show.
    Jennifer is a beautiful woman and she can actually act. She's been overlooked for a long time.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread