+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4111498;
    I think they'd be smart to do it .. pull on the heart-strings of Swayze fans... after all, the Palin's are going all out, why not Jennifer?

"Now I've had the time of my life
    No I never felt like this before
    Yes I swear it's the truth
    and I owe it all to you"

The only thing is - they have both said they are NOT dancing to the Dirty Dancing music.............. so what difference will it make

I might think about it IF they were dancing to that music - but.... it could also well back-fire on them as well.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Jen's Twitter: Couldn't be prouder of the movie or the role , but it wouldn't feel right to do that dance with anybody else. Even the amazing Derek Hough 4:41 PM Nov 13th via TweetDeck

Derek's Twitter: Check out time of my life by black eyed peas .. Very cool , and very relevant 1:03 AM Nov 13th via Twittelator

Based on these tweets, I think that they'll dance their freestyle to The Black-Eyed Peas version of "Time of My Life," but I doubt that they'll do the lift given Jen's tweet.

Not sure if she has a choice or if she won't give in and do it as a "pull out all the stops" move, but it seems that they might just tip their hats to the movie without recreating it.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4111503;
    Jen's Twitter: Couldn't be prouder of the movie or the role , but it wouldn't feel right to do that dance with anybody else. Even the amazing Derek Hough 4:41 PM Nov 13th via TweetDeck

Derek's Twitter: Check out time of my life by black eyed peas .. Very cool , and very relevant 1:03 AM Nov 13th via Twittelator

Based on these tweets, I think that they'll dance their freestyle to The Black-Eyed Peas version of "Time of My Life," but I doubt that they'll do the lift given Jen's tweet.

Not sure if she has a choice or if she won't give in and do it as a "pull out all the stops" move, but it seems that they might just tip their hats to the movie without recreating it.
    well that answers my question
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Jen and Derek already did a tribute to Patrick - if I recall correctly - she came off the dance floor very emotional - early on in the season.

TIme of my life is something that I can't see her even considering - it would be incredibly emotional for her to do - and I do agree with her comment above.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

If I was her I'd do it, it's a classic and could be what she needs to over-ride all the Palin for President votes.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

I watched the movie, Dirty Dancing, today and it is my first re-watch since it came out. What I found interesting in the dance number (Mambo) and lessons is that I related to what happens on DWTS. Derek has used some of the moves from the Mambo, especially the twirl around lift where her legs are bent. Patrick getting a non-dancer, Jennifer, ready for a performance reminded me of the methods Maks uses to get his contestants ready...the body touches, the frame slaps, etc. Watching the movie I felt like I was in the studio with these pros teaching their neophytes to dance under pressure situations.

I'm glad Jennifer has decided to pick up ballroom dance once again after all these years. Frankly, she has the same body (as lithe and limber) as she did then. As far as her, what some say is an unfortunate, nose reconstruction...I think she has a more balanced face now She is the most toned and put together 50 yr old I know or have seen recently. Good for her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4111575;
    I watched the movie, Dirty Dancing, today and it is my first re-watch since it came out. What I found interesting in the dance number (Mambo) and lessons is that I related to what happens on DWTS. Derek has used some of the moves from the Mambo, especially the twirl around lift where her legs are bent. Patrick getting a non-dancer, Jennifer, ready for a performance reminded me of the methods Maks uses to get his contestants ready...the body touches, the frame slaps, etc. Watching the movie I felt like I was in the studio with these pros teaching their neophytes to dance under pressure situations.

I'm glad Jennifer has decided to pick up ballroom dance once again after all these years. Frankly, she has the same body (as lithe and limber) as she did then. As far as her, what some say is an unfortunate, nose reconstruction...I think she has a more balanced face now She is the most toned and put together 50 yr old I know or have seen recently. Good for her.
    I've only seen Dirty Dancing once (now I want to watch it again) and remember wondering why they didn't get somebody prettier to play that part (shallow, I know, but that's the way I felt back then) and think she is so much more attractive now. Actually didn't even make the connection that she was Baby from DD, until somebody told me who she was and that she's had a nose job.

I find her to be the epitome of grace and elegance and am hoping she has a stellar night tonight

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4109794;
    Hey, Jennifer's 50? Seriously? That is pretty darn OLD. Not dead, not worthless, but far beyond the physical peak of a female. I once ran a 10-mile race, and the lady who finished right in front of me was over 50. She was 30 years OLDER than me. I am very athletic, so seeing somebody of that age who actually out-competed me was extremely inspiring. In the same way, seeing Jennifer Grey move the way no other 50-yr-old lady can was incredible. On the dance floor, she doesn't seem older than anyone else.
    50 isnt old. That is actually appalling to me. Being 50 isnt like being 85. My mom is 56 and she does more than most 25 year olds.....to think that only young women can be in prime physical condition is just erroneous.

FORT fan

I was shocked their freestyle got a 30. I thought it was very good, but not outstanding. I thought it was deserving of 27 or 28. I actually thought Kyle's freestyle was better.

I agree 50 is no longer old. But that's only been in the last few decades. At the turn of the century in 1900 the average life span of citizens of the USA was less than 50 (partly due to infant mortality but partly due to no way to cure the big diseases). I'm early 50s and in college I was taught that the average life expectancy for men was 68 and for women 76. It's only changed very recently (and I thank goddess to have a healthy 93 yr old mom and 84 yr old dad).

As a very fit active 50s woman, the onset of menopause has caused me to develop osteopenia. I have broken two feet and 3 ribs in the last few years over minor things like a slip in the tub, a trip over the backyard hose....things that would have caused bruising a few years ago, not caused broken bones. I've got an arthritic neck, a few months ago I had a trigger thumb. It never ends! It hurts.

So yeah, compared to teenagers 50 is oldER and nothing to be ashamed about. I'm thrilled to see a 50 yr old woman prove to be a much better dancer than teenagers.

To me, that's what this show is about. Maybe you have to be "old" to really appreciate what Jennifer is doing. I do recognize that Kyle has improved immensely, too. My best wishes to both of them.

+ Reply to Thread