+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4109704;
    I do think that dancing, like riding a bike or swimming, is a skill that stays with you. I had once a week tap and ballet lessons when I was 10-12 (an hour a week during the school year). I'm nearly sixty and still know the ballet positions, how to do various moves, and can do the first part of a tap dance routine to "Tea for Two". Jennifer obviously had more training than that to get the Dirty Dancing role.

I don't count anything she's done since as dance training and I think she's amazingly flexible and limber for her age. I do think she had an advantage coming in, but I'm not saying this competition is easy for her. I think she's working as hard as everyone else and her age and injury are disadvantages.
    I took ballet, tap and even baton when I was a kid (4-8) and was a little star who got all the solos and I can't do a darn thing now. It's certainly not a skill that stayed with me. However I can still ride a bike and swim. I guess i have no "musicality" whatever that means. So I give Jenn the benefit of the doubt. Really, it doesn't matter because she has proved herself to be a beautiful dancer, and the best dancer now that Brandy is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4109892;
    I took ballet, tap and even baton when I was a kid (4-8) and was a little star who got all the solos and I can't do a darn thing now. It's certainly not a skill that stayed with me. However I can still ride a bike and swim. I guess i have no "musicality" whatever that means. So I give Jenn the benefit of the doubt. Really, it doesn't matter because she has proved herself to be a beautiful dancer, and the best dancer now that Brandy is gone.
    I checked out Jennifer on IMDB, and outside of her role in Dirty Dancing, I didn't see any other role that shes had over the years that involved dancing. She doesn't sing and perform any routines, she just acts. If she had kept up dancing, wouldn't she have tried her hand at plays or musicals, Broadway perhaps? Putting her in the "ringer" category like others from years past is really stretching it IMO I think she just has a lot of grace and natural rythym and probably why she got the role as Baby in the first place. With her injuries,dancing for exercise is probably easier on her body than aerobics or anything like that would be. She's had to work harder to get her scores than Bristol or Kyle have, this was no cakewalk for her and if she wins will have truly deserved it
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fan

I trust that Derek has been lifting weights for Monday's freestyle -- I cannot imagine that Jennifer will not want to pull out all the stops and tear at our heartstrings with the infamous Dirty Dancing over the head lift....

I will be duly impressed and relieved if they DO NOT include it, but they are both so self-indulgent that they have most likely assured each other that we cannot live without it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi;4110344;
    I trust that Derek has been lifting weights for Monday's freestyle -- I cannot imagine that Jennifer will not want to pull out all the stops and tear at our heartstrings with the infamous Dirty Dancing over the head lift....

I will be duly impressed and relieved if they DO NOT include it, but they are both so self-indulgent that they have most likely assured each other that we cannot live without it!!
    If they did that Dirty Dancing lift.... I'd be impressed and extremely pleased to see it. Totally famous move and one that we'll never see Patrick perform with her again... so to see it on DWTS with one of that famous duo, would be something to see
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

Funny they have been playing Dirty Dancing on VH1 that last couple days here. I would also really like to see the lift.

Yeah, do the lift! In honor of Swayze.

I think, unless she's can't physically do it anymore, that they will have to do the lift. Those who aren't fans will complain about it for some reason, and those who are fans won't really care about the complaints.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I hope Jen/Derek can do some lifts/tricks. I love Dirty Dancing and the lift at the end was incredible, not to mention fun to watch learning it in the water. That was my favorite scene as a twelve year old watching the movie for the first time. With her neck I am not so sure that they can or will. I like Jen and hope she can deliver in the freestyle because Derek is one of the best freestyle choreographers of the pros, and she deserves to be in the final two to see if her superior ballroom skills can get her the win. I am afraid if they leave them out that it may leave them out of the win despite the fact that they probably deserve to. Yes I am a Bristol fan, but I like Jennifer too and she probably deserves to win on pure dancing alone. I want to see all three give the freestyle all they got so that we can be thoroughly entertained. Jen will probably get a 30 on the first dance and if they are able to squeak at least a 27 on the freestyle they should be okay. I just don't think America is going to like a jitter-jive-lindy-chacha if it is missing the usual freestyle tricks. Erin/Maks proved that last year.

Forgot to clarify. Erin/Maks did more of a rumba in the final. Either way if it lacks tricks America tends to check out and Jen should do the lift.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-22-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4111030;
    I think, unless she's can't physically do it anymore, that they will have to do the lift. Those who aren't fans will complain about it for some reason, and those who are fans won't really care about the complaints.
    Why do they ''have to'' do the infamous lift - especially if they aren't dancing to that particular piece of music?? I doubt it will happen
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4111467;
    Why do they ''have to'' do the infamous lift - especially if they aren't dancing to that particular piece of music?? I doubt it will happen
    I think they'd be smart to do it .. pull on the heart-strings of Swayze fans... after all, the Palin's are going all out, why not Jennifer?

"Now I've had the time of my life
    No I never felt like this before
    Yes I swear it's the truth
    and I owe it all to you"

+ Reply to Thread