+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

FORT Fogey

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

The thing about Jennifer Gray is that she is 50 years old but looks like she's in her late 20's!!!!

Any other 50-year old would have the same complaints, but if they looked that age, the public would buy it.

People don't cut Jennifer slack because she looks like a whiny young person. People need to remember that she is quite a bit older than the other contestants.

I, for one, want to know her beauty secrets.

I'm sure she is in some level of pain. I imagine they all have aches and pains with the schedule they keep. I guess my main issue with it is the fact that she complains in every single rehearsal package. She whines that her knee is messed up, that her back is achy and various other issues and then she goes out there and kicks it up, jumps up and down and acts like absolutely nothing is wrong. Even if she is drugged up and loopy, the pain killers don't obliterate the pain, they just dull it so you can function. At least, for me, that's what they did. It just doesn't add up for me. Sorry. So in short, my opinion is this...she really is in some degree of pain, but I don't believe that she's in as much pain as they portray her to be in.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

11 seasons later, and I still hear celebs say that the show is the hardest thing they've ever done, and hear other celebs say that's why they won't do the show. Jennifer's not experiencing anything, at least to me, that other contestants haven't dealt with, in terms of age and pain. Her's may be more severe, but we've seen pros and stars dance with injuries and known ailments. Even Donny had packages where he'd talk about how emotionally drained he was. I felt Florence was more than holding her own, and might have had more weeks in her had she not gotten voted off. So what she's talking about isn't anything I haven't seen in previous seasons. It's just the producers keep choosing to show that footage every week. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, it's quite possible a lot of those clips may be from previous weeks. I know one rehearsal bit involving Brandy/Maks showed an argument that had happened within days of meeting each other, and it was coming across as though they had that disagreement week 3. Either way, I still think she's got this in the bag, but at least her win doesn't leave me feeling the same way as Zinger the Ringer's did. Assuming the judges don't make a big spectacle in the finale over Jennifer/Derek and proclaim them the winners before the other couples even come out. I did notice ABC titled her a "beloved TV and film star" for their press release this week, which I think is stretching it a little. I don't believe Jennifer is, or has been, in any danger of leaving. Derek probably would have won with Kate.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4104959;
    The thing about Jennifer Gray is that she is 50 years old but looks like she's in her late 20's!!!!

Any other 50-year old would have the same complaints, but if they looked that age, the public would buy it.

People don't cut Jennifer slack because she looks like a whiny young person. People need to remember that she is quite a bit older than the other contestants.

I, for one, want to know her beauty secrets.
    And, I for one, know I could never afford it.

I'm a fan of Jennifer's and she'll be getting my votes next week. I can see why people think she seems to always be complaining but I just see it as her "edit". As much as she's obviously the best dancer, especially of the ones left... I also see her as the "underdog" this season, in the sense that it seems like the judges and the audience want a true novice to win this year... as in either Bristol or Kyle. I'm sure there's lots of other footage of Jennifer and Derek, but we just see the tired, injured stuff. You can tell just by looking at the girl, and knowing what she's been through in her life that she's really a cheerful, optimistic person that knows how to endure pain.... but they aren't showing us that, and to me the reason why is sooooo obvious...... Bristol **gag**
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4104966;
    I'm sure she is in some level of pain. I imagine they all have aches and pains with the schedule they keep. I guess my main issue with it is the fact that she complains in every single rehearsal package. She whines that her knee is messed up, that her back is achy and various other issues and then she goes out there and kicks it up, jumps up and down and acts like absolutely nothing is wrong. Even if she is drugged up and loopy, the pain killers don't obliterate the pain, they just dull it so you can function. At least, for me, that's what they did. It just doesn't add up for me. Sorry. So in short, my opinion is this: she really is in some degree of pain, but I don't believe that she's in as much pain as they portray her to be in.
    As northernviewer said, I think we need to remember that those behind-the-scenes "glimpses" are heavily edited. That's true for any "reality TV" show. The producers have various reasons for choosing clips that are more flattering or less so.

I was kind of appalled this week at some of the up-close-and-personal clips they showed of Bristol Palin, because most of them had nothing to do with her being a contestant on a "dance contest," yet they seemed designed to make her seem sympathetic to the viewers. I admit that I haven't watched every episode this season, but I don't recall seeing anything comparable for Jennifer. In fact, I thought some of the clips they showed of her frustrating rehearsals seemed designed to turn the audience against her.

We don't know how many 'bad hair days' the other contestants have had that didn't get shown to the viewers.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4104996;
    I still think she's got this in the bag, but at least her win doesn't leave me feeling the same way as Zinger the Ringer's did. Assuming the judges don't make a big spectacle in the finale over Jennifer/Derek and proclaim them the winners before the other couples even come out. I did notice ABC titled her a "beloved TV and film star" for their press release this week, which I think is stretching it a little. I don't believe Jennifer is, or has been, in any danger of leaving. Derek probably would have won with Kate.
    I don't expect Jennifer and Derek to win, partly because the judges have been giving them very high - and well-deserved - praise, just as they did Brandy and Maksim -- who got the boot this week.

When judges prematurely 'coronate' a contestant, it often produces a backlash from the fan-voters.

That said, I think Jennifer has been one of the top dancers all season, despite having some setbacks from injury.

And she's an unusual mixture: someone who has more dance training experience than most of the others but at the same time someone 25 or more years older than some other contestants. I'd say the age disadvantage balances out the experience advantage.

Oh, and who is Zinger the Ringer?
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

It was my understanding that Jennifer hasn't danced in years since her neck injury. Experience in such a technical skill 25 yrs ago is pretty worthless. It's not like driving a car.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4109144;
    It was my understanding that Jennifer hasn't danced in years since her neck injury. Experience in such a technical skill 25 yrs ago is pretty worthless. It's not like driving a car.

Jennifer, has denied having any dance training but she has been taking dance classes for exercise.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter;4109384;
    Jennifer, has denied having any dance training but she has been taking dance classes for exercise.
    For clarity...Jennifer denies dance training, but she has been taking dance classes for exercise. Does this mean that she has been involved in dance steps during these dance classes for exercise?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread