+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

I thought that was pretty funny when CA let that slip. Tacky, but funny. I also think it's comical that the producers are trying to pretend it's an unpredictable, even playing field (compared to last season, despite all the gushing over Nicole, it was more even in terms of dance ability). Maybe that's the real reason they're gaga over Rick But I still call Jennifer/Derek winning. All this about putting her "in jeopardy" is crap, and I expect her to have a big comeback. I don't know if it'll be tonight, but it's coming.

Jennifer seemed to bring the manic behaviour she shows in the opening line-up to her dance last week.
    She's so OTT in the line-up at times that even Derek gives her odd looks.
    I agree with CAI, Jennifer needs to calm down.

One refreshing thing though, after a couole of sub-par performances at least the "Oh, just hand the trophy to Jennifer now" posts seem to have dried up.
    I think Jennifer at her best is better than anyone else at their best, but her winning is not a foregone conclusion.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4095812;
    Jennifer seemed to bring the manic behaviour she shows in the opening line-up to her dance last week.
    She's so OTT in the line-up at times that even Derek gives her odd looks.
    I agree with CAI, Jennifer needs to calm down.

One refreshing thing though, after a couole of sub-par performances at least the "Oh, just hand the trophy to Jennifer now" posts seem to have dried up.
    I think Jennifer at her best is better than anyone else at their best, but her winning is not a foregone conclusion.

She came unraveled at the seams, but unlike Nicole whose nerves came unglued and yet her performance did not, Jennifer unfortunately came apart in both places. Nobody is gloating, but we have not seen that happen in the very obvious front runner before or at least not like that.
    I personally am concerned for her, but then I too am a middle-aged woman.
    I, however, can not in my wildest imagination picture myself out there in that position.
    I think she is gritty and naturally talented - the best out there - but I wouldn't bet the change in my car that she will actually still be the best at the end as I thought not so long ago.
    I guess we will see if she rebounds.

Props to her, and I do hope the best for her.

I liked the dance - she is a beautiful dancer, but I hate how they're editing her exactly the way they did Nicole with all the tears/angst/fear and then she goes out on the dance floor and nails it......

I understand her fears - as her doc said she's not 25, she's 50. No way does she drop out of the comp, shame on the producers for leaving that comment in there to garner sympathy votes - does she really need them??

She only drops out if she become injured and her doc makes her.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

I am a little concerned for her after seeing her go on and on and on last night during the Brook interview. She was so manic that I wondered if she is on some pain killers or other meds to get through this.

FORT Fogey

I agree that Jennifer's edit is not going to help her with viewer votes. Contestants should go into this knowing that any show of emotion in front of the camera can damage image and reduce viewer votes. It is too bad but the simultaneous truth is that she is putting it out there. She told Derek to control his anger and he was as stumped as I was at that comment. He didn't raise his voice or show anything more than a request to do whatever it was. She appears to be very sensitive. Donnie Osmond was 50, too, as were others, I am sure. So what? She is doing well despite her age!

Tony said that there was no drama with Audrina and it was a first for him. And it looks as though Brandy is a good partner, as well.

I think CA's comment about her being the chosen one refered to her evident skill in the very first dance. Everyone thought she would excel every time and win this. I do not think it meant the judges chose her to be the winner before the show finished. Not a good thing to say but I think it has been misinterpreted.
    Last edited by shoepie; 11-02-2010 at 08:25 AM.

There was a lot of negativity about Jennifer in the show thread last night.
    Apparently her crying puts her on the "pity pot".
    She's a fifty year old woman dancing through pain, frustrated that her body can't always do what she's asking of it. I have to say I think a lot of the criticism she gets is because she's paired with Derek.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I really don't understand why so many people are annoyed with Jennifer's frustration. She has recently had cancer and the recovery period for that, even the milder forms, is lengthy and the fatigue level is high. The fact that she is working through that, even with some crying, is a testament to her strength. I couldn't even make the half hour trip to sit in a cubicle for six hours today, it is that enervating.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I blame the editors more, but she's not the first over 50 star to do this with aches, pains, and injuries. If she was, I'd give her more credit. But I think that's the sympathy angle they're going for-vote for her because she's overcoming all these obstacles over the younger, more fit, non injured and ailed crowd. She's a fabulous dancer, and I do think she has it easier in terms of keeping up and learning. I'm just over her pity party that they chose to show every week. It's becoming more fake than anything else for me. I'd say that with anyone who's had a break down 3 weeks in a row in their video package. And CA seemed like she was trying to bring the tears but couldn't make it happen. So, for me, it's as though they're going for something magical with her, and it's not happening. At least that's what I'm getting out of it. I feel the same about Rick

I have to say I think a lot of the criticism she gets is because she's paired with Derek.
    For me, it doesn't matter who Jennifer's paired with, I still wouldn't like her. I did luck out she got a pro I didn't care for, so at least I don't have to root for her for that reason Derek wouldn't stop me from rooting for someone I liked. In Brandy's case, I think the negative edit was hurting her more than helping because she came in with a reputation as a diva. Jennifer didn't. Florence is close to 80 and she tried to hang as best she could. If only she didn't get Corky...

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I AM over 50 and the way I feel when I hear Jennifer complain is, well then maybe you need to leave! I couldn't do what she is doing, but it is something she chose to do. My feeling was that she was almost saying she "couldn't do it anymore."

+ Reply to Thread