+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4087950;
    Whoever these unnamed "insiders" are sound like they barely watch the show, let alone work on it. For one thing, Jen & Derek haven't gotten a perfect score yet. And Bristol will have a fit? Really?
    I don't want to get into the discussion of stars having previous dance experience. That conjures up the dreaded R word that I've grown tired of seeing, but I can't imagine Bristol "having a fit" over anyone elses scores, particularly not when she's being so generously scored herself. I only "know" her from this show, but she seems to be enjoying herself, working hard and focussing on her own dancing.
    I'm sure it must be frustrating for the stars to see the dancing come so easily to some while they struggle to pick it up, but I've never sensed a lot of hostility among the stars.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by bibbitybobbityb;4088186;
    Just wondering, but how exactly is Jennifer and Derek's fight supposed to be 'fake' drama? IMO the fight was all too real, because neither Derek nor Jennifer have even hinted that it was fabricated or manipulated for the cameras, unlike Maks. Not that I always believe Maks when he insists that the rehearsal footage was manipulatively edited, mind you. But Derek and Jen have basically acknowledged that the drama was real, going by their twitters, confessional footage, etc. Maybe we shouldn't forget that Jen and Derek are now supposedly closer than ever, but neither should the fans dismiss the rehearsal footage as being fake. That just comes across as a stretch to me.
    I'll clarify: I didn't mean that the show or Jen & Derek were claiming the fight was "fake drama", I was talking more of the way the media and anti-fans were creating a mountain out of a molehill, and assuming things about Jen's personality based on the footage.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I don't believe they were "in jeopardy." I think that whole concept needs to be done away with now. It's just the way they create drama and try to boost votes for those they want to say and who could use a few extra. Grey falls into the former category here.

I believe the drama between them was real. Sometimes people do fight and show will always show it. Grey seems like a kind person but she can complain quite a bit in interviews. She's not the most naturally likeable person compared to say Kyle but I do think she is sentimental fave with the good fortune of Derek as partner. I'd want him if I was on show. Derek could use a good clunker and it should have been this season after he had Nicole but he just doesn't get the clunkers and I don't see that ever changing.

It will be interesting to see how Jennifer does in the marathon dance this week against the younger competitors. In remember she collapsed on the floor after her 1 1/2 minute performance earlier in the season.

I thought she collapsed on top of Derek who was already on the floor. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how that all plays out with learning two dances for this week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Has anyone spotted Joel Grey in the audience yet? I keep looking for him as he's always been a favorite of mine. I know he's in his upper 70's now, and I wonder if he's okay.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4087950;
    I've watched the episode twice, and I have yet to see this 'face' you speak of.

Every couple gets the "rehearsal fight" edit at least once. It's what the show lives for. But Jen saying that the conflict ended up bringing her & Derek closer seems to have been forgotten in all the fake drama.

Somebody mentioned an article at the gossip rag Popeater, saying that the cast is rising up against Jennifer, and I'm going to quote it just to show how hilarious it is:

Whoever these unnamed "insiders" are sound like they barely watch the show, let alone work on it. For one thing, Jen & Derek haven't gotten a perfect score yet. And Bristol will have a fit? Really?
    Didn't they get two 10's last week for their AT? I think that's what was meant, not that they got a 30 yet (but of course, it's coming).

I do think that there may be some buzzing among the other celebs that Jennifer has an unfair advantage, and that she is starting out with far more technical ability than the rest, just like Nicole did. Even as the show is trying to discourage the "ringer" talk, there is no denying certain facts. Has she ever gotten lower than one seven? How many times have she and Derek gotten the pimp spot? Who else got the cover of People (or whichever mag it was) besides her? While I have no problem believing that her talent (and former A-list ranking) may be unwittingly making her a bit of an outsider with the others (and we really don't know if she also has a bit of an attitude, as Nicole was rumored to, or is an absolute sweetheart with the rest of the cast), I agree that it seems doubtful Bristol is the one putting up the biggest stink about it, considering she must be aware that her mother's fanbase is what is keeping her on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4088895;
    Didn't they get two 10's last week for their AT? I think that's what was meant, not that they got a 30 yet (but of course, it's coming).

I do think that there may be some buzzing among the other celebs that Jennifer has an unfair advantage, and that she is starting out with far more technical ability than the rest, just like Nicole did. Even as the show is trying to discourage the "ringer" talk, there is no denying certain facts. Has she ever gotten lower than one seven? How many times have she and Derek gotten the pimp spot? Who else got the cover of People (or whichever mag it was) besides her? While I have no problem believing that her talent (and former A-list ranking) may be unwittingly making her a bit of an outsider with the others (and we really don't know if she also has a bit of an attitude, as Nicole was rumored to, or is an absolute sweetheart with the rest of the cast), I agree that it seems doubtful Bristol is the one putting up the biggest stink about it, considering she must be aware that her mother's fanbase is what is keeping her on the show.
    It just confounds me that Jennifer is receiving this kind of negative perception because she was in one movie musical 25 years ago, but Brandy gets a pass even though she's been singing and dancing all her life, and has been a total pill to her partner all season. Something's just wrong here...

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4088866;
    Has anyone spotted Joel Grey in the audience yet? I keep looking for him as he's always been a favorite of mine. I know he's in his upper 70's now, and I wonder if he's okay.
    He's doing great! He just finished directing a benefit staged reading of the play The Normal Heart this week in NYC, featuring Glenn Close, Victor Garber, Joe Mantello and Patrick Wilson. Now that it's over, maybe he'll have more time to fly to LA for the show.

He's also going to be in the Broadway revival of Anything Goes this spring with Sutton Foster.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I just don't care for the girl. For me anyway, it had nothing to do with any movie she did (and though I'm a DD fan, I find it and her part in it a tad overrated). I think she's got obvious ability and experience, but I wouldn't call her a ringer like Nicole or Mya.

I never really had an opinion of her, but something just bugs. I don't know if she thinks she had an advantage or has it in the bag, but something about her comes off as arrogant. Derek isn't too bad this season. He seems more humble, but maybe he's just embarrassed for being associated with Mark this season.

+ Reply to Thread