+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

We just heard her remarks very differently, that's all. No 'cases' are closed, the only 'fact' is the video and the direct quote of her remarks. We just have unique opinions about what they mean, which everyone is entitled to have.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I suppose you're right.

I don't guess it would have anything to do with the fact that you're pro team Jennifer and I'm very anti Derek LOL

I'd be interested to hear what a non biased person thinks.

I think the difficulty of the choreography and the skill Jennifer showed in dancing it would have earned her 9's had she not made the mistake. It seemed fitting to me that she received 8's then.

I don't think it's as simple as saying that making a mistake means you should get a lower score than a previous week when you didn't make any errors. I think the judges should take the difficulty of the routine into consideration.
    I just wish they'd do it with some degree of consistency.

Even with my untrained eye I could see that last week Audrina's routine was more difficult than Bristol's yet Bruno gave them the same score. Audrina got dinged a point for a mistake and Bristol got credit for dancing an easier (imo) routine cleanly. The scoring is such a mess at times.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4078548;
    I just don't care for her. I don't know exactly what it is, but I was never a fan of hers to begin with, and something about her I just find arrogant. It could be the surgery that makes her face look like that. It's got nothing to do with Derek, because if I liked a celeb partnered with him I would root for them regardless (likewise Jennifer wouldn't be getting my votes if she were with Maks). For once I'm somewhat enjoying Derek and his partner is the one bugging me more, but I still think he's on a different throne than the others when it comes to the judges. She may not be a ringer, but Derek got lucky (again). That part bugs me. I do think the judges have their favorites, and it's more obvious this season with them scoring Bristol and Mike the way they have been. Derek's partner getting raves is nothing new. The show can pretend it's an open field, but I still think these two have it in the bag.
    They have the AT next week.
    I agree with the bolded, especially in light of the show's (and probably at their direction, the media's) continued insistence and stress on how different this season is from last season. To quote Shakespeare, the lady doth protest too much.

I saw an interview with Julianne, where she already predicted that Derek would get his third trophy, and she'd have to come back to the show to even the score. It's talk like this, Derek's pandering attempts at do-overs, and the other obvious favoritism he gets regarding dance and song choices that make me realize that it doesn't even matter to me what Jennifer might say or what attitude she might exhibit. My disgust with Derek getting his three-peat is enough to turn me off watching her dance or rooting for her to do well. Damn you producers!

I believe that Derek has earned each of his trophys, and should he win a third I'll think the same.

I dont' think anyone believes he hasn't earned every trophy - but it appears that he does manage to get the better dancers every season - I don't know I've only watched 2 seasons.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I'm not a big fan of Derek, only because he seems to get the ringers each season. I do think he is one of the best choreographers and I do applaud him for that. I think Jennifer's comment was based on the fact they didn't get 9's, but the 8 with a mistake was a good score. Mistake or not I did enjoy their dance this week.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4079130;
    I dont' think anyone believes he hasn't earned every trophy - but it appears that he does manage to get the better dancers every season - I don't know I've only watched 2 seasons.
    I've watched Derek every season that he has been on the show, and he has been a fantastic dancer who has absolutely danced and choreographed hard enough to earn his trophies; that said, however, Derek has never had a Cloris or a Florence. He has not had a Bristol nor a Kelly, and even the middle-aged Jennifer that he has now does not look nor move like any other 50 plus or minus several years old woman who has ever been on this show.

Jennifer came out the first night dancing well - quite well. She didn't seemingly even have to overcome age as an obstacle. Until Derek takes a partner with some kind of difficulty that is gradually overcome to the finals or to the top, I think the praise as an instructor will continue to elude him.

I truly enjoy watching Derek dance, he absolutely is a great choreographer. As much backlash as he and Nicole got last year, it was a complete joy to watch the two of them dance. He was able to create choreography that he knew Nicole could pull off - he's definitely earned that gold star.

But I also agree that he needs someone less 'talented' to really show that he is able to teach someone and watch them grow. Does he have the chops to take a newbie and make them shine??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I would even add, that although I have always been a big fan of his choreography, I wonder if we would feel that way about it if Derek ever had to choreograph for a partner who was very limited in what they were able to do. I'm sure that many of the pros are hamstrung by having to "dumb down" their brilliant choreography ideas because they realize their celebs don't have a chance in hell of pulling off the tricky moves without looking even worse.

+ Reply to Thread