+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Re: Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough - Season 11

Thanks for letting us know, MFW. I don't normally watch Ellen so I would have missed them.
    I thought Jennifer gave a really good interview.
    She came off as very personable, funny and sweet. I definitely warmed to her.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4074610;
    Thanks for letting us know, MFW. I don't normally watch Ellen so I would have missed them.
    I thought Jennifer gave a really good interview.
    She came off as very personable, funny and sweet. I definitely warmed to her.
    I thought so too. Nice shirtless photo of Derek, too.

The dance wasn't that great, but this was their Viennese Waltz which was 2 routines ago, so they're probably more concerned about whatever they're rehearsing now...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I never understood why they're made to dance. It's a half hearted attempt, and they're usually not dressed for it, so it makes it an even more awkward dance.

I may not be rooting for them, but something about Derek seems different this season. He's still his hammy self, and maybe it's having King Camera Mugger Corky back, but he seems a little more laid back (just a tad). There's still 4 pros left that I'd pay to see Derek win over.

I also think they are a shoe-in for the finals (unless she gets injured), although I do wonder how she'll be able to handle two dances a week. So far, Jennifer hasn't bothered me. It's Derek I don't really care for.

I saw them both on Ellen and really enjoyed it.
    I think she comes across as very warm, down to earth and likable.
    And, while I do agree that Derek seems to get those with more potential, he does happen to be 1 of my favorites. He's just adorable and a terrific dancer, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

'Dancing With the Stars': Derek Hough on week 3's 'Story Night,' Bruno vs. Bolton, and why people assume all hot male dancers are gay | EW.com

An interview with Derek from EW, with a readers question that I thought touched on what some of us feel:

From reader Ellie Mae: “Do you ever get tired of the judges kissing your a** and the show favoring you all the time?”
    If only that were the case, then I wouldn’t have to work so hard at my job. Glad to know that it all comes across so effortlessly on screen though.
    I don't know how else Derek would have answered that, but glad someone finally brought it up to him. I happen to agree with the reader, and think it's all effortless because of the partners he gets. Judging by Jennifer's samba tonight, it's not like she needs the work Bristol or Margaret need.

Speaking of that, their samba bored me. I'm glad Jennifer didn't go for the stripping down to something skimpier as we typically see. I didn't really have a problem with the story or costumes. But the dance itself was dull, forgettable, looked like watching 2 pros, and I didn't need to see Derek waste time by getting Jennifer to redo that move the judges said she messed up. They didn't like it, or said she needed work, but she still got the same score she had the last two weeks.

FORT Newbie

Derek was so irritating last night. It's not the first time he's insisted on redoing routines with his celebrities either. I don't think other pros have pulled that crap, at least not with the same amount of frequency. He needs to STOP.

I re-watched their dance on YouTube just now. Did anyone catch Jennifer's comment to Brooke right at the end of their interview? Something along the lines of "It's nice to get the same scores and not have to work so hard for it."

SERIOUSLY???

I should not be getting so worked up over a t.v. show, but I have a pet peeve about fairness and I swear there might be steam coming out of my ears right now. It's like she knows she's going to get good scores no matter what.

Oy. I wish they'd go home soon in a "shocking" elimination. If not, I really hope Derek takes next season off.

That's almost as bad as Nicole's "but I'm not like other people, I'm an artist" or something very self centred like that - unfortunately it won't have a negative affect on her outcome. In all likelihood the judges will ensure that J/D are in the finals and will win the trophy,just like they did last season with Nicole and Derek.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I'm wondering if she just meant the difference in the dance for the two weeks. The jive is a pretty energetic style - she may just have meant it wasn't as draining.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

+ Reply to Thread