+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 11

Kyle's slowly winning me over. I'm still not a huge fan, and probably wouldn't vote for him, but the look on his face when Rick was announced as the one leaving swayed me in his favor. I think he was very surprised. I never wanted to see another paso (or any dance) to 'Free Your Mind', but since the show had to do it, I think Kyle pulled it off very well. It was a challenge to live up to that dance, and I was impressed. Kyle has improved. He still dances on his tiptoes, reminding me of a lot of the athletes that have come on this show, but he's definitely gotten better. He's still having fun, but working and trying his hardest. I like that in a contestant, because it shows. I wouldn't mind him in the finals. Ideally I'd love to see Brandy and Kurt in the final 3, but I'm not betting on Kurt, and realize anything could happen with Brandy making it. But at least I'd have him to root for.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4088326;
    In her defense, that just wasn't one of Lacey's best nights. The pants and the routine fought against her.
    She is the show's rebel - we know that; nevertheless, she has proven that she can dance. We have seen her in some good routines and great costumes, and we have seen her dance with the pros in group numbers and hold her own.

I don't know who chose that costume for Monday night, but if it was their wardrobe guy and I was Lacey, I would be powwowing with him about future outfits that were a little more flattering on the old caboose.
    I could be wrong, but it appears to me that Lacey has a "swayback". I'm saying that because my "caboose" is the same way. I have an exaggerated "C" curve in my spine (which is not the same as a curvature of the spine) and have since I was little. Obviously, it's not a matter of lacking ab muscles, it's just a weird tilt. If I remember correctly, it may also be called "lordosis".

I know for me, they tried to tell me I needed to "tuck" my butt....but then it pushed the front pelvic area forward, and made me walk like my thighs were glued together - not comfortable, so I just chose to let the caboose have it's way, lol!!!

I know it's hard to tell when she's dancing, but I'm betting if she stood against a wall, you'd be able to fit your hand between her and the wall with no problem, where most people's backs would press against the wall. JMHO.

She's not fat, but she is heavier than the other dancers. And both she and Cheryl have the more mesomorph bodies, whereas most of the others are ectomorph types. She does have a caboose on her - certainly not the biggest, but it's definitely got nothing to do with scoliosis, or anything else but her butt.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4097497;
    She's not fat, but she is heavier than the other dancers. And both she and Cheryl have the more mesomorph bodies, whereas most of the others are ectomorph types. She does have a caboose on her - certainly not the biggest, but it's definitely got nothing to do with scoliosis, or anything else but her butt.
    Just a note....I did not say scoliosis, I said lordosis - if you will look it up and look at the examples of that type of spinal curve, maybe you will get what I mean. For a long time I thought it was just a big butt, but there were pics in an article the second (I believe) season she was on, and it was clear from looking at them that she has an exaggerated "c" curve in her back.

My comment was simply to explain that she has a larger caboose and body and butt than the rest of the dancers.
    I happen to have scoliosis since birth and so I do know about lordosis and all types of curves in the spine.

It's slim pickings for me this year in terms of having a final 3 I'm happy with. If Kyle made it along with Brandy and Kurt, I could live with any of them winning if I didn't get my first choice. What a jive tonight! I think the insta-dance worked out the best for him. I don't know where Kyle stands, fanbase wise, but he's made it a lot farther than I expected. This is the first week I really saw huge improvement. He reminds me of a younger version of Warren Sapp. He's dancing and having a good time out there. I still don't care for Lacey, and would run if I were him from CA. But I hope he's in the finals. I don't think he'll win, but he deserves at least that.

I think a lot of us thought Lacey's first dress of the night was not at all flattering.
    I happened to check the EW website and she was referred to as the Eco Wife of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man.
    Funniest line ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4101079;
    It's slim pickings for me this year in terms of having a final 3 I'm happy with. If Kyle made it along with Brandy and Kurt, I could live with any of them winning if I didn't get my first choice. What a jive tonight! I think the insta-dance worked out the best for him. I don't know where Kyle stands, fanbase wise, but he's made it a lot farther than I expected. This is the first week I really saw huge improvement. He reminds me of a younger version of Warren Sapp. He's dancing and having a good time out there. I still don't care for Lacey, and would run if I were him from CA. But I hope he's in the finals. I don't think he'll win, but he deserves at least that.

It's slim pickings for me as well, since my 2 favorites (Audrina and Kurt) have been eliminated. None of the remaining pairs really "grab" me. I guess of the 4 remaining contestants, Kyle is one of the ones I'd like to see in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4101609;
    I think a lot of us thought Lacey's first dress of the night was not at all flattering.
    I happened to check the EW website and she was referred to as the Eco Wife of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man.
    Funniest line ever!!
    I liked the dress, though I don't see what it is with Lacey and those prom style poof dresses. She wears a lot of that style on here. Green happens to be my favorite color, so I liked that on her, but as for the style, I'd probably pass. Lacey isn't my favorite pro by a long shot, but it might just be how bored I am with this season, because I've enjoyed her the last couple of weeks. I still think she's got a high opinion of herself, don't like her choreography 99% of the time (for her partners or the pro numbers), but she's kind of mellowed out. Maybe she's finding the personality that works for this show to make her more appealing rather than polarizing.

It's slim pickings for me as well, since my 2 favorites (Audrina and Kurt) have been eliminated. None of the remaining pairs really "grab" me. I guess of the 4 remaining contestants, Kyle is one of the ones I'd like to see in the finals.
    Brandy's the only one left I care about, but I can't really even get into her. This whole season bombed, and I wish the finale was this week, just so it could be done. Audrina got screwed, as did Kurt. I went in as a fan of Kurt's, and grew to love Audrina. The cast this season, and the ones the judges/producers chose to make a fuss over, put a big damper on it for me.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I really enjoyed Kyle and Lacey's jive - they did get about the all-time best music they could've - and I hope that, perhaps, Lacey is settling down to smooth out her edgy style that gets on my nerves. I have to say I was put off by her behavior in the rehearsal clip. I don't know if she was really that harsh and rude to Kyle or if it was all for the cameras. YIKES!
    Plus I've heard her in several interviews when Kyle says something like, "We've just got to go out there and sell it." Lacey will get offended and interupt and say, "EXCUSE ME? You have to go out and sell it!" They both seem a little immature. (Though Kyle has been winning me over the past couple of weeks.)

+ Reply to Thread