+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 11

Re: Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4077577;
    All I have to say about Lacey is that I'm betting that far more people have heard of the Eagles than have heard of Lacey Schwimmer. Her immaturity in that scene really annoyed me.
    I couldn't believe that one. Neither one of them had heard of the Eagles, even though they could probably hum a few bars from any of their hits.

I'm worried about him doing the rumba. He should be safe with Flo and a few others still in the comp but I think this could be a hard week for him as it doesn't play to his strengths.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Kyle and Lacey just make an odd looking duo dancing together, similar to Bristol and Mark. Not only that, but will he look the part for the rumba. Not the goofy fake romantic schtick, but can he get into the emotion? Kyle would have been better off paired with Chelsie. She's a tad shorter than him, and tinier than Lacey, so it wouldn't have looked so awkward. Plus, I enjoy her choreography more. I really don't think Kyle has anything to worry about for the time being, but the rumba group is probably going to be more competitive. It's probably a better week for him to get taken down a few notches than 3 weeks from now.

I think this will be one of the harder dances for him but he should be more than fine this week. There really are quite a few worse than him left. I thought he might get Chels because she's youngest female. I don't mind Lacey but Chels would have been better because she's tinier. I also think Bristol would have been better if she'd gotten someone a little bigger than Mark.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If the show insists on using songs like Charlie's Angels/Brady Bunch themes (which I don't have a problem with), I wish they'd at least try and pair them with better dances than the foxtrot and AT. I think these two got screwed, but again, sometimes couples end up with a horrible song choice for a particular dance, and make it work best they can.

I don't think Kyle deserved a 5 while Bristol got a 6. He's not much of a dancer, and hasn't shown much improvement (imo), but he at least tried and didn't forget his routine. That said, I'm pretty bored with these two. I don't see Kyle getting any better than he was week 1. The schtick's gotten old. I'm no fan of Lacey. I didn't like her costume tonight, or Kyle's. Right now, I wouldn't be disappointed if he left tomorrow. He shouldn't, but I also wouldn't care. And there's only 3 couples I'd miss, but the rest I probably wouldn't even realize they were gone. Something about these two, I don't know, I kind of feel disconnect there somewhere. If next week is either the paso or tango, that'll be another intense dance where he can't shake out the cute antics.

Will someone PLEASE tell Lacey that her butt looks huge in those pants she's been wearing this season. I thought she must have put on a ton of weight, and I still think she's put on some since last season, but she looked much smaller from the front than that hideous back view. It honestly distracted me during the dance.
    ("Does my butt look big in these pants?" "YES!!!!")

FORT Fan

I dont think much of Lacy's choreography - but Kyle has charisma - esp compared to Bristol, she tries hard, and does a fine job - but its just boring - I'd rather watch Kyle - his energy - he just has a joy about him -

but I think Bristol has a bigger "fan" base that is keeping her around.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4087078;
    Will someone PLEASE tell Lacey that her butt looks huge in those pants she's been wearing this season. I thought she must have put on a ton of weight, and I still think she's put on some since last season, but she looked much smaller from the front than that hideous back view. It honestly distracted me during the dance.
    ("Does my butt look big in these pants?" "YES!!!!")
    Right on!! I thought she looked absolutely horrible in those pants. Why does everyone feel they have to show their navels??

If Kyle got a 5 from Len then Bristol should have gotten a 4. I think he will be okay for a few weeks. I can't see show cutting down to 2 guys and 5 girls. He's a fun guy. Lacey needs to do choreo she knows will please the judges.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4087179;
    If Kyle got a 5 from Len then Bristol should have gotten a 4. I think he will be okay for a few weeks. I can't see show cutting down to 2 guys and 5 girls. He's a fun guy. Lacey needs to do choreo she knows will please the judges.
    Back when I was in the twilight zone full time with the middle school kids, I used to throw out that well-worn old adage that, "Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant then to open it and remove all doubt."
    Lacey and Kyle are indeed both young, but the schtick where they don't recognize what are now basically accepted as classics is getting old.
    A couple of weeks ago they tossed aside the Eagles like they were a local small town group anywhere anytime USA, and last night Kyle was again spotlighted in not knowing the original Charlie's Angels.
    If Kyle and Lacey stay in, the two of them need to find a way to somehow keep their lack of knowledge of the earlier entertainment world off the camera.
    Small doses of that kind of thing is amusing. Larger doses is annoying. In addition, those earlier entertainers paved the way for the entertainers of today, and in my opinion deserve a certain amount of respect.

+ Reply to Thread