+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 11

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;4069905;
    I wasn't that crazy about their dance, either. I thought he did fairly well, but I was shocked at the score (I felt it was overscored).
    A few of the scores were unfair last night. His shouldn't have been higher than Kurt,,,, for sure. What with the 3 for Michael Bolton?? He may not have been good, but didn't deserve that

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4071748;
    I thought maybe he did, but it was hard to tell because her costume hid a lot of the part we would see of him most of the time.
    I thought so too! I thought the top of her dress was really, really pretty. The bottom was too foo-foo for it. Something more flowing would have been prettier.

I am ambivilant about her blond hair, however I though the way she wore it last night was really pretty. Thankfully, it did not distract from the dance like last week (well the hair AND the boobs last week!).

I thought maybe he did, but it was hard to tell because her costume hid a lot of the part we would see of him most of the time.
    I thought the same thing! She had so much fluff going on, you couldn't judge his steps. But Kyle can move and is so fun to watch. Love this pairing and expect them to last to the finales!

He's adorable. Score might have been a tad high. He's entertaining and Lacey is doing an excellent job playing to his strengths.

I really didn't like Lacey too much when she was on SYTYCD, mainly through no fault of her own.

I'd sat through the previous season where I felt her brother undeservedly cruised to the win and didn't want to see it happen again, which was completely unfair to Lacey, of course.
    When I think about it though, apart from her solos, I thought every single dance she did was great (the Mia dead dad, flower throwing thing wasn't my cup of tea, but Lacey danced it well). Some of her rutines are among the best the show has ever done, imo, (the mannequin hiphop and the samba she danced with Danny choreographed by Dmitry Chaplin are particular standouts for me).
    IMO, she really is an excellent dancer.
    I like that she added some choreography to make the dance more relevant to Kyle but hope her days as the "ballroom rebel" are over. She's a very versatile dancer, I don't think she needs a gimmick, particuarly not one that can cause her to run foul of the judges.
    Last edited by fluff; 09-29-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't like Lacey and can't really see warming to her anytime soon. The number she choreographed last night to go along with the Seal number was boring, and they might as well of not even bothered. I don't like how she seems to focus on her, her style (even if it goes against traditional ballroom), I've thought she's been a tad disrespectful to her partners in the past (at least with Mark), and the fact she can't seem to take criticism well. I enjoyed last season without her and was looking forward to another Lacey-free season. With the success she's having with Kyle, which truthfully I think is more Kyle's doing than anything Lacey is doing, I doubt I'll get lucky enough to not see her in the spring.

That said, Kyle I really am enjoying. Brandy, Kurt, and Audrina are my ideal final 3, but I certainly wouldn't mind Kyle slipping in there. I thought his cha cha was overrated just a tad, but I really enjoyed his quick step this week. Since he was the only non-spoiled celeb in the cast and I figured he'd be really annoying or forgettable, he's been a pleasant surprise. He has the waltz this week, so I'm curious how he'll handle a more serious, slow dance over the high energy ones.

ITA Bloomers, that was the first thing I noticed was her dress..It was difficult to see Kyle's dancing at times but he was nevertheless rocking.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I like Kyle, but his schtick is kind of getting old. As is the judges love affair (mainly CA). How old is she supposed to be again? It's like he was the surprise of the premiere and the show wants to keep him in that light every week. Tonight was yet another reason I don't care for Lacey. If she tries coming off as funny, it usually comes off as rude to me. Didn't like her throwing the cd of The Eagles around and wanting a song change (their original song selection wasn't a personal favorite of mine, but it's been danced to a waltz on this show before). The theme was cute for their story, but I thought Kyle came across weaker than he has in the previous two dances. Wasn't big on her choreography, either. But I usually never am. Kyle's fun, but his trying to be 'on' all the time is coming across somewhat unnatural. I still think he and Lacey look funny together.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4077132;
    I like Kyle, but his schtick is kind of getting old. As is the judges love affair (mainly CA). How old is she supposed to be again? It's like he was the surprise of the premiere and the show wants to keep him in that light every week. Tonight was yet another reason I don't care for Lacey. If she tries coming off as funny, it usually comes off as rude to me. Didn't like her throwing the cd of The Eagles around and wanting a song change (their original song selection wasn't a personal favorite of mine, but it's been danced to a waltz on this show before). The theme was cute for their story, but I thought Kyle came across weaker than he has in the previous two dances. Wasn't big on her choreography, either. But I usually never am. Kyle's fun, but his trying to be 'on' all the time is coming across somewhat unnatural. I still think he and Lacey look funny together.
    Kyle is personality plus; the routine was creative, refreshing, and the theme played physically to his advantage. That said, he received 8s when the judges distinctly criticized his footwork.
    Others who danced just as well or better with little or no criticism - especially about the foot work - received 8s also, some 7s and even 6s.

What this clearly says to me is what I have thought from the start of this season: the judges have an agenda. They want certain things to happen (the two athletes against each other, etc) and people in certain places, and they are going to score them in such a way to try to insure that these things happen.
    Hopefully, the fans also vote in a similar fashion.
    As a viewer, this disappoints me as I would rather just see the situation unfold as it does (no pun intended).

All I have to say about Lacey is that I'm betting that far more people have heard of the Eagles than have heard of Lacey Schwimmer. Her immaturity in that scene really annoyed me.

+ Reply to Thread