+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel - Season 11

Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel - Season 11

Shes hilarious and she challenges the status quo. But will the ballroom dance floor be her biggest challenge yet?

One of the most successful stand-up comediennes of today, Margaret Chos performances have been seen by millions around the world. Having first performed stand-up in her native San Francisco at the age of 16, Chos best-selling tours include the off-Broadway hit/concert film Im the One That I Want, Notorious C.H.O., Revolution, and Beautiful. Cho is also a regular cast member of the hit Lifetime series Drop Dead Diva. Her other acting work includes her starring role in the sitcom All-American Girl, Face/Off and several guest star appearances including Sex and the City and Ghost Whisperer.

Cho is also a best-selling author whose work includes the book Im The One That I Want and a collection of essays entitled I Have Chosen To Stay and Fight. A passionate advocate for equal rights, Margaret has received honors from GLAAD, the National Gay and Lesbian task Force, National Organization for Women, Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund, the Victory Fund, and many others. Cho is currently touring with Cho Dependent which features both stand-up and songs from her new music comedy album of the same name.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Margaret Cho & Louise Van Amstel - Season 11

Never liked Margaret but maybe she'll win me over, at least on here. I do love Louis, and like most of his partnerships will probably enjoy this one. At least his half. It sounds like they're already having a lot of fun together.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4058188;
    Never liked Margaret but maybe she'll win me over, at least on here. I do love Louis, and like most of his partnerships will probably enjoy this one. At least his half. It sounds like they're already having a lot of fun together.
    I was absolutely awed with what Louis was able to do with Kelly. I watched a performance he choreographed for dancers on So You Think You Can Dance this last season in which his job was to help this one incredible dancer to emotionally connect with the audience. Louis was successful in that as well. It appears that Louis is going to be teaching couples to dance for a challenge on the Bachelor Pad coming up next week.
    Surely, Louis will be able to work well with Margaret, who incidentally I don't know at all. Now, whether she has a fan base which will be strong enough to keep her in the running is whole 'nuther ball game.

I was also awed by what Louis did with Kelly. I don't know much about Margaret, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4058251;
    I was absolutely awed with what Louis was able to do with Kelly. I watched a performance he choreographed for dancers on So You Think You Can Dance this last season in which his job was to help this one incredible dancer to emotionally connect with the audience. Louis was successful in that as well. It appears that Louis is going to be teaching couples to dance for a challenge on the Bachelor Pad coming up next week.
    Surely, Louis will be able to work well with Margaret, who incidentally I don't know at all. Now, whether she has a fan base which will be strong enough to keep her in the running is whole 'nuther ball game.
    I'd probably say Margaret is one of those that there's no in between. You either like her or you don't. She's well known enough and I'd guess has a pretty decent sized fanbase. But whether that turns into viewers and votes for her is another story. Her humor is just very brash. As for Louis, I completely agree with your take with him and Kelly. I remember back to the first season, Louis was horrible and very arrogant but did a complete 180 for season 2. I don't care much for Lisa Rinna, but loved many of their routines. Much like Kelly, he brought a lot of confidence out of her. He seems to work to the strengths and work on their weaknesses. I'd say Kelly also brought out a different side to Louis as well.

I think he did a very good job with Kelly, as well.

I still am not a fan of his, though. And, the pairing with Margaret is not that exciting for me.
    I will, however, give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that she can do better than Niecy did. That pairing was just too over the top for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Who is John Galt?

Isn't she too tall for him. His bio says he is 5 ft. 7 in. Unless she is under that with very low heels, they will look odd together. That being said, I am not a fan of hers, but she is funny when she is not being too over-the-top. Louis is IMO probably the BEST choreographer of the bunch. I would love to see him win one season, but I doubt it will be with Ms. Cho.

If he's 5' 7", then Tom Cruise is 6' 2".
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4059658;
    If he's 5' 7", then Tom Cruise is 6' 2".
    It says he is 5 ft. 7 in. on the IMBD website and he has personally said he is that height. However, he might be 5'5" or 5'6" and be exaggerating.

I'm skeptical Margaret getting caught up in the cape was planned. The look on Louis's face was priceless I don't know what these two were thinking. For a VW on this show, We Are the Champions isn't a bad song choice. Those costumes were hideous, and the comedy was really not needed. Since Niecy got away with it last season, maybe Louis thought Margaret could, too. I don't know if it's not getting her humor, but I just didn't find her funny in a comedic way (in a 'my god that's awful' yeah, I laughed). I'd be slightly surprised if they got the boot tomorrow, but after tonight's performance, it wouldn't totally shock me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast