+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

Re: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by lindsay22;4076480;
    I wonder if Bruno will apologize tonight...
    I'll be shocked if he does. The producers love the controversy, and an apology would mean they would be expected to curb any future insulting (and potentially media-grabbing) comments from him in the future.

Just some statistics regarding the same pros always getting the ringers and winning (assuming that Derek wins again): In 11 seasons, there have been about 25 different pros on the show. Of those, only 6 have won, and 4 of those (will have) won 9 out of the 11 times.
    Last edited by ironcat; 10-04-2010 at 11:41 AM.

I don't think he is going to apologize at all. If he was going to it would have happened the next night and didn't plus show is backing his comments. I think an apology was due because he crossed the line from constructive criticism into flat out rudeness.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I doubt Bruno will apologize, either. He certainly seemed like he was justified in the statements, even though they crossed the line and were an insult. Tonight will be telling if ABC talked to him about it or not, and what direction they might have told him to take if insults fly left and right. Bad move if they let him have free reign. ABC has to back him, and why apologize publicly now? I'm over it, and looking forward to moving on. Hopefully there's no stupid controversy like last week that takes half the results show for the show to do damage control on.

I am tired of Michael Bolton’s whining and all the surveys about whether Bruno should apologize. I don’t think an apology is merited. And surely they could have found a different, BETTER singer to fill in on tonight’s results show.

I’m betting that Michael did not apologize to the Isley Brothers for plagiarizing their song – which resulted in them winning a lawsuit and $5.4M judgment against him.

Judge Upholds $5.4 Million Ruling Against Michael Bolton For Using Isley Brothers' Song | Jet | Find Articles at BNET

A federal judge in Los Angeles recently upheld a $5.4 million judgement against singer Michael Bolton for using portions of the Isley Brothers' hit Love is a Wonderful Thing in his song of the same name.

Ronald Isley sued the hit-making White artist, accusing him of violating the song's copyright by incorporating elements of the tune and words into his 1991 smash hit song.

A three-judge panel of the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said a jury had sufficient evidence to reach its decision in 1994.

As a result, the panel awarded Ronald and Marvin Isley 66 percent of all past and future royalties from the single and 28 percent of past and future royalties from Bolton's album Time, Love and Tenderness.

As a result, the panel awarded Ronald and Marvin Isley 66 percent of all past and future royalties from the single and 28 percent of past and future royalties from Bolton's album Time, Love and Tenderness.

"It's a wonderful, wonderful victory for the jury system," said John McNichols, who serves as the attorney for the Isleys.

Bolton couldn't be reached for comment on the case following the ruling.

One has nothing to do with the other - but neither do I think Bruno owes MB and apology. I'm sure the whole thing won't even be addressed. MB will sing, period.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789