+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

FORT fan

Re: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

MB is a whiner and I think he needs to let this sleeping dog lie. I was shocked that Bruno criticized so strongly and then gave him a 3 but I don't think he was wrong. This is a competition and if "stars" don't realize it they shouldn't be on the show.

Two other points:
    1. I'm sure there's a lot we don't know perhaps it was all a ploy to get MB off in time to go to his concert, perhaps it was planned for whatever other reason. Who knows?
    2. I get the idea it's hard for the show to cast men so I'm surprised Bruno went that route because of it. Even men have to compete on the same level as women so it's no excuse for lack of rehearsal time. But I am surprised they let someone (Bruno) be so honest on a show that tries to coddle its cast and knowing that it might make a man or two (or woman or two) think twice before agreeing to be on the show in the future. Who wants to be humiliated in front of the world.

All that said, Bruno was probably in MB's trailer afterward toasting with a glass of champagne on how they snookered everyone and got MB to his concert afterall. It's all smoke and mirrors.

They still had this craziness on Entertainment Tonight last night, sheesh...let this die MB. He's looking like a crybaby at this point, Bruno is a jerk, just consider the source and move on. Soldiers are dying in two wars....

FORT fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4075041;
    They still had this craziness on Entertainment Tonight last night, sheesh...let this die MB. He's looking like a crybaby at this point, Bruno is a jerk, just consider the source and move on. Soldiers are dying in two wars....

amen

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4074121;
    I think a lot of the faux and real celebrities go on this show to lauch or relaunch themselves. I see nothing wrong with that, they are in a business to be in the public eye. I also see nothing wrong with saying they did not like the dance, however, Bruno has no boundaries and no tact and comes off as a jerk.
    Very well said. I think what gets me with Bruno's score/comments is it underscores the fact there there has never been a level playing field on DWTS. I always thought it was about getting people who were "stars" in other areas to compete out of their element in a dancing competition, with the help of dancing pros. They're not already dancers or aspiring dancers. They're accomplished in their chosen field - outside dancing.

I know, I know - Michael Bolton wasn't a good dancer, and he probably should have been one of the next ones voted off, but I'm totally turned off by the way he was treated by Bruno. He didn't deserve a 3 relative to the other bad dance performances of this season or in seasons past. It was painful watching Buzz, and I simply couldn't stand watching Kate and Master whoever's terrible dancing and even worse attitude. Did they get the same treatment? Nope. And don't even get me started on how they treat the ringers on this show.

I also know these people are coming on this show to revitalize their careers. Who cares. Let them. But that doesn't mean they should be treated in such an undignified manner by the judges. And by the way, this show has done a little something for the judges' careers as well. Did anyone know any of these people before DWTS?

One last point - I thought when this show first came on they were saying that it would encourage more people of all ages and aptitudes to take up dancing as a form of exercise or social activity. The reason more people don't dance is because they feel they're not perfect and they don't want to feel humiliated in front of others. Thanks for taking care of that, Bruno.

I'm done with this show. It jumped the shark when the same pros kept getting the ringers. If it should survive, they need to level the playing field again and find new judges. Len can stay (isn't he the only one with ballroom experience?), but please get rid of Bruno and CA (she deserves her own post). They should add a former winning or top 2 contestant (Drew?) and maybe someone like Barbara Eden. Didn't she co-host some of those ballroom dance shows on PBS? I won't watch this train wreck anymore, but I'll read some of your comments. I doubt things will change much this season.

I think Michael Bolton is more upset that his aged mother made special arrangements to see him and had to sit through this pompous, overly dramatic man lambaste her son. He knew he would never win, but he did assume that he would be among professionals who would tender their judgments with diplomacy.

Good luck to ABC in getting real stars to do the show ... I guess they can always go to the reality tv pool, but as far as those who reached fame through actual talent they can kiss goodbye.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Bruno's reaction when asked about the blow up on Tuesday seemed to have CA and Len even more surprised, and Tom sorry he asked. I wonder if ABC told him to play up being an even bigger jerk than he already was, or if they said to make nice and that was his way of giving them the finger and doing it his own way. I have to believe he'll get a talking to about the Fox comment, and I wonder if it gave the execs over there a good laugh.

I think the judges have been out of line before-Len telling Ty it was time for him to hit the road during season 8, I think 2 weeks before he finally was voted off. And of course last season, during the finale, telling Nicole he hoped she won-while Evan was still waiting in the wings to dance his final dance; CA telling Cloris she couldn't believe they lost Toni Braxton over her, when it was the judges overscoring and coddling that probably led to Cloris being left in the competition; Bruno telling the Woz after his season 8 samba that he needed to get down and beg for forgiveness for that performance. None of them, including Bruno, came off with such venom like he seemed to be spewing at Michael but Michael can't say he's alone. A big complaint of quite a few celebs, and most of the pros, is lack of constructive criticism. It may be a TV show, but they still treat it as an actual competition, too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think we've given Michael Bolton way more attention than he deserves.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm beyond Michael Bolton. This is about Bruno, and how this show is imploding just a little bit (IMO). The negative comments, the unfair scoring, the ringers being paired with the same pros, the crazy lift police comments, the awful co-hosts. It's just all intersecting in Bruno's latest comments. [sigh]

FORT Newbie

I wonder if Bruno will apologize tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by lindsay22;4076480;
    I wonder if Bruno will apologize tonight...
    Okay...why does Bruno need to apologize? Bruno had his opinion & he stated it. Did Michael Bolton never watch this show before? The problem with celibrities is that their ego often outweights their talent. When exactly was Michael Bolton's last hit single anyway?
    You go on a TV show eher you know full well you might very well be critiqued, sometimes very harshly. You aren't going to be praised on this show. If you can't handle the critizem, get off the dance floor. Go prefrom a concert where people actually had to pay for a ticket in you want 100% glorification.

+ Reply to Thread