+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

For argument's sake, I went looking at the 2 past contestants that I knew had scored as low as a 10 and still survived the week. Master P finally got booted when he scored an 8 for his paso, week 4. The previous week, for his jive he scored a 14. The person who went home was Giselle Fernandez who scored a 22, 8 points higher than him. The previous 2 weeks of competition, the scores were too close to really matter.

Season 8, the Woz scored a 10 week 3 for his samba and survived. Denise/Maks, who got booted, scored a 16 and Holly/Dmitry, who were also in the bottom 2, scored a 17. And the above couples weren't even the second lowest scoring, so someone worse than them still survived as well. Michael's just 6 points behind the next couples who scored low, so it's not like it couldn't be done I guess.

I was skeptical of Michael being cast because some of his tour dates were going to clash with Monday's shows. If it were Tuesday, he could just not be there in person if he had to. As far as I know, these dates were all set in stone back before the cast was announced. The good thing about Michael leaving, despite it being manipulated (or feeling that way), is at least next week's eliminated will be interesting. No Master Ps or Wozs to fall back on for the other couples.

Interesting. Maybe the judges got word of the concert and decided to help things along. Then Bruno got upset about the situation so he decided to lay it on thick just to take MB down a notch for the double booking.

BTW - DialIdol had MB dead last.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4071949;
    For argument's sake, I went looking at the 2 past contestants that I knew had scored as low as a 10 and still survived the week. Master P finally got booted when he scored an 8 for his paso, week 4. The previous week, for his jive he scored a 14. The person who went home was Giselle Fernandez who scored a 22, 8 points higher than him. The previous 2 weeks of competition, the scores were too close to really matter.

Season 8, the Woz scored a 10 week 3 for his samba and survived. Denise/Maks, who got booted, scored a 16 and Holly/Dmitry, who were also in the bottom 2, scored a 17. And the above couples weren't even the second lowest scoring, so someone worse than them still survived as well. Michael's just 6 points behind the next couples who scored low, so it's not like it couldn't be done I guess.

I was skeptical of Michael being cast because some of his tour dates were going to clash with Monday's shows. If it were Tuesday, he could just not be there in person if he had to. As far as I know, these dates were all set in stone back before the cast was announced. The good thing about Michael leaving, despite it being manipulated (or feeling that way), is at least next week's eliminated will be interesting. No Master Ps or Wozs to fall back on for the other couples.
    Well, we know "vote for the worst" was in play when Master P. was on, I don't know about the Woz.

Also don't know if they are in play this year or not. If so, don't know if they would take pleasure on voting for the "worst" or the "most controversial".

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4071928;
    Interesting.
    It's in Nebraska too, so and starts at 7pm, just as DWTS is finishing. I wonder how long it's been scheduled for.
    I can't imagine this is some hastily booked gig and assume he intends to cancel if he makes it through this week.

He's so far adrift from the fiels that I don't think he can make it up with votes, although I haven't done the maths (probably couldn't even if I felt inclined to try).
    DWTS is finishing at 7PM - Los Angeles time. That's 9PM - Omaha time. Makes it even more unattainable for him to be there. Like I said, even if they pushed back his concert time to say 8 or 9PM Omaha time (unlikely as that would be), not even the Concorde could get him there in time.

I cry foul!!

Someone tweet Tom B or Chelsie or Carrie Ann and see what they respond - not that I expect them to, but they are not fooling anyone IMO.

I thought Bruno was very disrespectful and it was uncalled for. It was bad and he can't dance but no need to be so rude and hurtful. It seemed like they were mad Hoff went first and Bolton got the blame for that. Unless he gets major sympathy votes he goes tonight. I feel for Chels and hope she gets a ringer next season. After Jake and Bolton she deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4072053;
    I thought Bruno was very disrespectful and it was uncalled for. It was bad and he can't dance but no need to be so rude and hurtful. It seemed like they were mad Hoff went first and Bolton got the blame for that. Unless he gets major sympathy votes he goes tonight. I feel for Chels and hope she gets a ringer next season. After Jake and Bolton she deserves it.
    Well said. I don't think any of the dancers deserve to be treated with such disrespect. They came on the show and have the guts to get out there on the dance floor. Michael has been a gentleman throughout this season unlike some of the other dancers over the seasons . . . but it still doesn't excuse Bruno's behavior period. Makes me curious if the stars/dancers are prepped for the dramatic antics of the judges before the show airs. Being a celibrity doesn't make them immune to harsh treatment.

A few pros and celebs defended Bolton today saying it was too low, rude, mean, he's trying his best, working hard, etc. Of course judges will prob make them all pay the price for it next week but it was nice to see. They become like a family and don't like to see someone so down and supposedly Bolton was pretty crushed after the comments. No need to do that to someone.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

?Dancing? stars angry over Bruno?s Bolton slam - Entertainment - Reality TV - TODAYshow.com

‘Dancing’ stars angry over Bruno’s Bolton slam

Michael Bolton and pro partner Chelsie Hightower received a shocking 3 from judge Bruno Tonioli. Sarah Palin may have turned up to “Dancing with the Stars” on Monday night, but the big story was the beat down crooner Michael Bolton got from one of the judges.

Bruno Tonioli enraged not only British judge Len Goodman, but also the contestants, after he said Boltonl’s quickstep with Chelsie Hightower — set to Elvis Presley’s “Hound Dog” — was the “worst” dance he’s seen in 11 seasons. Brutal Tonioli ended up giving Bolton and Hightower a 3 out of 10, something that sent shockwaves among the celebrities.

“It was unfair, it was hard,” Margaret Cho told Access Hollywood’s Shaun Robinson after the show. “I love Michael Bolton, he’s my buddy here and so it’s really tough.”

“I don’t think we’ve seen a 3 since Master P days,” professional dancer Tony Dovolani, who is paired with Audrina Patridge, told Robinson, recalling the hip-hop star’s disastrous season two appearance. “That was harsh. We had to actually dance right after [Michael and Chelsie], so it was hard to watch that because I know Michael wants to do this so badly, and I know the judges are there to judge, but they need to be encouraging.”

“It was harsh,” Patridge added. “It was kind of rude.”

Pro Louis van Amstel, who dances with Cho, said that while Master P’s poor moves were worthy of the low scores he received nine seasons ago, Bolton deserved a better mark.

“[Master P] deserved it; he wouldn’t even put on a pair of dance shoes. Michael, on the other hand, he did not deserve a 3 for effort alone,” van Amstel said.

“I think that was harsh,” The Situation said. “Everybody in this competition is putting in their time, you see it all the time, all of us are there, we all support each other — and they gave him a 3 and I was like, ‘Damn!’”

Behind the scenes, Florence Henderson said that after Tonioli’s remarks, the singer wore his feelings on his face.

“He looked so down backstage,” she said. “We’ve all become friends and we root for each other and it hurt all of us.”

Dovolani added that he tried to cheer Bolton up.

“He was quiet, I walked up to him and kind of gave him a nudge to the shoulder and the guy thing like, ‘Hey!’ [I said to him], ‘That was really harsh what they said. I still think you have a lot of potential, you just need to find your niche,’ ” Dovolani recalled.

As for Michael Bolton himself, he said he enjoyed the actual dance, even if the scores weren’t those for which he had hoped.

“I had fun, I liked pulling out of the dog house, holding to the bone the whole dance,” Bolton told Robinon. “Sometimes, when you’re going to have fun, you can incur the wrath [of the judges] but you know, we took that chance and doing this show is taking that chance.”

I've often wondered why the show doesn't have more famous celebrities. Half the time I've never heard of most of these people. If you don't watch soap operas, not an avid sports fan, or follow some of the sit com's they are unknown to many of us.

After seeing the harsh treatment and disrespect Bruno showed Bolton, I can understand why most famous well known celebrities wouldn't want to be on the show. Bolton wasn't a good dancer but didn't deserve the vicious mean disrespect Bruno showed him. The worst part was Bruno thought his nasty mean remarks were funny. Bet they have even more trouble getting famous people on the show now.

The more famous celebrities don't have time to do this show. Imagine someone like Brad Pitt taking time away from a movie to do this show - not gonna happen.

But I'd love to see bigger names that appear to be semi retired like Demi Moore.

Most of the folks who do this show are trying to jumpstart or re-ignite their careers. Gilles Marini definitely benefitted from his appearance, as have a lot of others from previous seasons.

Micheal Bolton isn't as relevant as he was 20 yrs ago, but he's still going strong, and apparently has a concert starting next week. Most likely he did the show knowing he wasnt' staying long and wanted to drum up ticket sales.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread