+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

Re: Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower - Season 11

Well wasn't Ty Murray kind of stiff when he first started? Look what Chelsie accomplished with him!

Although I don't think he'll go very far, I do like him. I'm old enough to have been a huge MB fan, and he seems like a really nice guy. Let's hope Chelsie works a little magic on him, at least for a few weeks worth.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;4068972;
    Well wasn't Ty Murray kind of stiff when he first started? Look what Chelsie accomplished with him!

Although I don't think he'll go very far, I do like him. I'm old enough to have been a huge MB fan, and he seems like a really nice guy. Let's hope Chelsie works a little magic on him, at least for a few weeks worth.
    He was, but Ty seemed to show more personality and likeability than Michael is showing. Not to say Michael doesn't seem like a nice guy, but so far I've found him boring. Week 1 with Ty was just painful, but the weeks to come are when I feel in love with that duo. I'd probably rank Chelsie as the best female teacher of the pros, or at least one of the best. The fact she didn't stoop to Jake's level when he was trying to boss her around showed she has maturity beyond her years. She often makes the routines fun. They have the jive this week, so maybe I'll be more impressed. I'm neutral on Michael, and can't say I'd mind him staying over a few others.

Since CA got called out last week for not catching Jennifer's lift, it makes me wonder if people will call her out this week for giving Michael a lower score than Kate ever got. Michael's jive was beyond horrible, but I don't think their was really anything else Chelsie could do. She's one of my favorite pros, at this point behind Anna for #1 on the girls side. I really hope she gets someone next season where she can show her true potential. She's an amazing dancer, and she deserves someone that she can really push with great results.

I suppose tonight's show was punishment for the Hoff going home over Michael. Either that or they're trying to set up another shocking elimination by throwing Michael under the bus. It kills me Kate's jive got higher. I'm thinking Master Ps might have been just a little better, but no way did this deserve a lower score than anything Kate got. Or even Cloris.

FORT Fogey

I feel for Michael. He is getting passive with his learning because he knows he is not going to win the judges over with his lack of talent. I wish that this show could be about entertainment again, and not skill. If it is going to be about skill, than have a level playing field. It is like having a football game with the Cowboys facing a bunch of fans and seeing who wins. It is stupid the expectations they put on these stars to learn proper form.

I'll feel sad if Michael goes this week, but it's kind of looking that way. I gave him all my votes, but I don't think it's going to do it. Granted, I've never thought he would win - but sometimes I think the packages are skewed to influence the audience. I think "they've" decided Michael is the sacrificial lamb this week. UNLESS that beating really spurred on his fanbase - which I DO think he has a reasonable amount.

The man clearly needs work on his dancing - but that is what I loved best about the show - seeing someone who clearly can't dance - being taught.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4071570;
    I feel for Michael. He is getting passive with his learning because he knows he is not going to win the judges over with his lack of talent. I wish that this show could be about entertainment again, and not skill. If it is going to be about skill, than have a level playing field. It is like having a football game with the Cowboys facing a bunch of fans and seeing who wins. It is stupid the expectations they put on these stars to learn proper form.
    Everyone seemed to think Bruno was overly harsh last night. Karina mentioned once, after he gave Billy Ray Cyrus a lashing, that he tried joking if off that it was all for TV purposes. Billy wasn't having any of it and told him so. Michael's a really nice guy, and didn't deserve that. But, the judges make up their own rules as they go along. It just depends whether they like the person or whether the show wants that person gone. Last week Len did say it was about entertainment, too, to Florence. But they can't diss Mrs. Brady. Some pros can get away with lifts, some with gimmicks, some with doing non-dances, some with being overly dramatic and wasting camera time by making it about them. Others can't This show is losing itself. From the pro bias, to the uneven playing field, the judges comments, the dances, the stunt casting, going for the drama/hystronics. If ratings fall it's their own fault.

I hope Michael gets through, but why put him through that again. He deserves better.

Bruno calling it the worst Jive ever on DWTS was overkill - whether it was or wasn't doesn't matter, that was uncalled for, and glad Len stood up to him.

For someone who can sing, I kinda thought he'd have enough rhythm to pull off dancing - I was wrong.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Conspiracy time-I read Michael has a concert already scheduled for next Monday, October 4th. With or without being saved by the phone votes, is it just a given he's getting booted regardless?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4071914;
    Conspiracy time-I read Michael has a concert already scheduled for next Monday, October 4th. With or without being saved by the phone votes, is it just a given he's getting booted regardless?
    I'm not on Twitter, but I wish someone who was would tweet that as a question to Tom B, or Chelsie or even Carrie Ann - "just how is Michael supposed to fufill his pre-scheduled concert obligation next Monday if he makes it through?"

May not get an answer - or may get some fluff - but at least they will know people are on to the manipulation. Crap like that ticks me off!

ETA: I just looked up his schedule and his concert next Monday, October 4th is in OMAHA, NEBRASKA!!! So it's not like it's in California, or Vegas or Arizona or someplace he could quickly take a private jet after the show is over and just delay the time of the concert by an hour or so if needed. Nebraska is Central Time, so DWTS would not be over there until 9:00PM. Not even the Concorde could get him there in a timely manner. AND - they are still selling tickets!!!

I call BS!!!!
    Last edited by TiaMaria62; 09-28-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Interesting.
    It's in Nebraska too, so and starts at 7pm, just as DWTS is finishing. I wonder how long it's been scheduled for.
    I can't imagine this is some hastily booked gig and assume he intends to cancel if he makes it through this week.

He's so far adrift from the fiels that I don't think he can make it up with votes, although I haven't done the maths (probably couldn't even if I felt inclined to try).
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread