+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Season 11

I wish I could see in Rick what the judges do, because it must be something good I'm missing. Watching Cheryl's AT with Gilles last night makes me convinced she's going easy on the choreography with Rick so he can get through the routine. I've seen worse footwork, but Rick's is obvious at being bad. He's boring. And his costumes have creeped me out more than leaving me scratching my head. I don't know if they're pulling for him for the different sports demographic or what. But I wouldn't miss him if he left, and probably wouldn't even notice if he was gone.

I liked him before this show, but I'm not really liking him now.
    Carrie Ann always seems to swoon, though, at good looking men and Cheryl capitalizes on that, season after season, by trying to choreograph to the "sexy" factor.
    I actually expected Rick to do a lot better. Typically, athletes have a lot of charm - like Emmitt and Warren. Rick has the added benefit of being an actor, as well. Other athletes have not been. I expected Rick to be more charming, as a result, but, as I said, I'm not feeling it from him at all. His performances are just flat and his smile just creeps me out. For me, he looks scary and not at all sexy on the show.
    As far as Carrie Ann, I think she's called upon to play the "cougar" role on this show and I think that's what she does season after season. It's annoying and probably why I don't pay much attention to her, or any of her ridiculous comments.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Not being a sports buff (or maybe I just crawled out from under a rock?) I didn't know who Rick was before the season. I was prepared to like him okay at the beginning, but I have yet to see the sexiness than CA references. For an athelete, Emmett had more sex appeal in his little finger than I seen all season in Rick.
    Now I wish Rick Fox would just go away!

Nana,
    ITA.
    Emmitt was totally fun to watch, as was a much larger man - Warren Sapp. I absolutely loved him.
    Rick, whom I've watched and followed for years, leaves me nonplussed on this show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

At first I liked to watch Warren. One thing that ruined him for me, however, was that I heard frequent rumors of "bad attitude" in regard to him. At that time I read on more than on occasion that he was quite the "diva" back stage and got on the other contestants nerves. This may or may not have been true, but it managed to make me change my opinion of him. Funny how rumors can do that!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Most athletes I've loved on this show-Louie Vito, Emmitt Smith, Jason Taylor, Apolo Ohno, Ty Murray, Warren Sapp (obviously a mix of good and bad dancers in there). Rick I liked at first, but the second week, with that jive, and that plastered on creepy grin, he lost me. And has more every week. I don't think he's any better than Kurt, who sometimes is better (maybe because he's married and Rick just has a girlfriend has CA going crazy for him? )

I think Kurt exudes class and charisma. He may not always be the best technical dancer, but I don't get the "falling all over Rick and blasting Kurt."

I also don't see in Rick's dancing what the judges see. To me, his dancing is just okay. Plus, in my opinion, he doesn't have the charming personality that Kurt has. I guess I shouldn't be surprised Carrie Ann likes him so much, she often goes ga-ga over the "hot" guys, in my opinion.

Isn't Kurt equally as hot as Rick, though, in his own jock way? I can't figure out why the judges, even including Carrie Ann, seem to favor Rick -- particularly over Kurt. I think Kurt dances with more charm and charisma than Rick does. Rick also looks awkward because of his height. Maybe Rick is being rewarded for dancing so well in spite of his height? That's the only thing I can think of other than CA having the hots for him.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Looks, attractiveness, or whether someone is Hot is something that is subjective for an individual. However, whether someone is perceived as attractive or Hot is something that can be measured by what the majority of others think even, if you yourself do not agree that that individual is attractive to your person physical tastes. Rick Fox has had a majority of women thinking he was the hottest thing since sliced bread since he played basketball and became a magnet for the Tarheels. That sentiment has continued to this day as evidenced by Vanessa Williams and the young Eliza Dushku. He's gotten a bit out-of-shape and has more gray hairs but the sentiment still remains. Plus, he has the Lakers mystique and fans pulling for him and the fans picked up from his acting gigs. He's single. Kurt warner is attractive (excluding that awful goatee), all-american football player, and long-term family man and nice guy. All these things play into people voting for them more than either of their dancing skills. Rick has the ladies and Lakers/basketball fans pulling for him. Kurt has the football fans and lovers of the family man pulling for him. Most voting for them because they like them and the fact they're trying then the fact that they are actually the best dancers. Neither at this point should win the mirrorball but, people vote for them anyway. It is what it is in the long run, popularity contest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast