+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Season 11

Re: Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Season 11

Height difference aside, they were lovely and a joy to watch . . . I hope they will continue to grow and perform for weeks to come . . . looking forward to the competition from the ones not expected to excel! Love Cheryl and Rick together and she will be his best instructor!

Honestly I thought the dance was horrible, and I found myself mystified by the judge "spin" that it wasn't. Almost as much as the "spin" that Kurt Warner was good (good lord, he wasn't!).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

The height difference was very offputting, for me. Yeah, Rick Fox is a tall basketball player, so he would probably appear much larger with any partner, but for some reason he and Cheryl, specifically, look extremely awkward dancing together. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;4069059;
    The height difference was very offputting, for me. Yeah, Rick Fox is a tall basketball player, so he would probably appear much larger with any partner, but for some reason he and Cheryl, specifically, look extremely awkward dancing together. JMO
    I agree. Even though they still manage to be graceful together a good part of the time, it's really a distraction for me. They will probably have more fun and better success with more physical dances like the Jive, but I thought their VW was too awkward despite the good effort.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4069462;
    I agree. Even though they still manage to be graceful together a good part of the time, it's really a distraction for me. They will probably have more fun and better success with more physical dances like the Jive, but I thought their VW was too awkward despite the good effort.
    I'm not sure, because Rick is tall. I'll be curious to see how his footwork is in those types of dances. Clyde Drexler looked horrible, as did Evander. Jason Taylor, while better than the other two, did struggle on some dances like the jive and cha cha (I think those were the celebs that most matched Rick's height). I actually thought he was better in the ballroom dances, but he and Edyta weren't exactly a height mismatch like Rick/Cheryl.

Cheryl tweeted she and Rick are going last tomorrow night, dancing the samba (one of 4 couples doing that dance style-the other 3 are Jennifer, Brandy, and Margaret). I'm hoping maybe they'll change the order up-Bristol and Mike go towards the beginning, maybe get some other couples to close us out? Eh, I can dream

I watched Rick's jive again, and while I was impressed with how he pulled it off, I thought it was a pretty simple routine. I've seen Cheryl put together more, but maybe she figured not to chance it because of the height difference. I hope Rick scales back on that freaky grin I've seen him do. Looking forward to seeing how he handles the samba, since it's one of the more difficult latin dances to do. He might be the one they want as last athlete standing.

I'm back and forth on which athlete show will want standing last. Part of me says Anna as she has never won but she went far last season and they have had a football player winner before. I do think Kurt might have a bigger fanbase. Cheryl has won more than once which could work against her but it never works against Derek so fair should be fair but it isn't on this show. They've never had basketball player winner before so maybe that tips things in Rick's favor down the line. I don't think show will want both in finale.

I'm fine with them going last because they went first or early last week. Would be nice to see Situation, Bristol, and Grey at start of show or at least in first half but doubt it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4076716;
    I'm back and forth on which athlete show will want standing last. Part of me says Anna as she has never won but she went far last season and they have had a football player winner before. I do think Kurt might have a bigger fanbase. Cheryl has won more than once which could work against her but it never works against Derek so fair should be fair but it isn't on this show. They've never had basketball player winner before so maybe that tips things in Rick's favor down the line. I don't think show will want both in finale.

I'm fine with them going last because they went first or early last week. Would be nice to see Situation, Bristol, and Grey at start of show or at least in first half but doubt it happens.
    A part of me wants Jennifer to go first, because I'm betting on her getting at least one 9 (maybe even a 10 ) tonight, and that might help prop up some other just as deserving couples to get higher scores as well. But knowing CA, she'll draw comparisions between Jennifer's samba and everyone else's. Hopefully Derek does more than a lot of sexual moves, booty shaking, and crotch grabbing. It'd be nice if they got a non-samba song (more so than others usually get stuck with).

I could see the show wanting Rick to last longer because, as you said, the only basketball player to ever appear on this show didn't do as well. Only one football player won (Emmitt), but there were 3 runners up (Jerry, Jason, and Warren), plus Chad finishing 4th last season, and even LT and Michael did pretty well, placement wise. Kurt has a lot of promise and a big fanbase, but the show may want a change. Cheryl typically lucks out if her partner moves better than Wayne Newton or doesn't have the stunt casting of Tom Delay. Besides those 2, she's never finished worse than 5th. Coming into a season, I think the show has in mind who it wants to stick around. Whether that changes based on how the fan votes or perception, I don't know. I think Rick is likely to burn ou before Kurt, dance wise anyway.

He's very sexy and I think the Latin dances will be more his forte. I don't think he needed the shirt open because he'd be just as sexy with it closed which is a testament to his sex appeal. He also seems like a nice guy and hard worker. The height difference in a dance like this one wasn't as noticeable. I really liked the neon green and sparkly costume too. lol

Cheryl's slowing winning me back over as being a fan. She's bored me and came off kind of entitled the last few seasons (I did feel sorry for her last season with the whole Chad/showmance angle) but Rick's bringing out the side to her that I like. He's also been a pleasant surprise, more for me than Kyle's been. I hope Rick continues to grow and excel. I still think there's a chance the height difference will hurt them and he may burn out. My dream final 3 is Brandy, Kurt, and Audrina, but I wouldn't mind if Rick made it. The others will have nothing on the lifts he and Cheryl will be able to do

I loved their costumes this week. I will give Cheryl credit on a couple of things, her costumes are typically classy and fitting (except Gilles's lindy hop outfit, I'll never get over that mess), and she really does her job and does it well. I think she's probably surprised TPTB more than once by getting certain celebs as far as she did, and I think it was more hard work and teaching than the show's doing or a fanbase. I felt sorry for them tonight when they thought they were safe (but loved Tom's line "I thought you guys were taking that awful well") and then the other 2 running over to hug them. What a mess the show was tonight, but I guess it wouldn't be a DWTS results show otherwise

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast