+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke - Season 11

I watched a video of these two on ABCs website. I don't know why, but I'm not getting good vibes that things are going well Of course that's my common feel with most of the couples this season Could just be an off day for them. Cheryl herself either has too much attitude or gets frustrated too easy. I'm sure it's not easy for the pros to get people that they know will probably be hopeless (and I'm not saying that's the case with Rick). But with the exception of one pro, they've all had their share. Cheryl's got two trophies, odds are most of the pros who've been on as long as her probably won't ever see one.

I think it would have been better to bring Anna back, too. Kym's got David who's 6'4", and she's the tallest of the female pros. Edyta fit nicely with Jason who was 6'6" and lean, but she opted not to return. But everyone else probably would have looked awkward. He seems like a nice guy, though. They could have brought Anna back instead of Lacey, paired Michael with Cheryl, and Kyle with Chelsie. Unless Rick specfically asked for her

FORT Fan

Rick posted this on his facebook. DWTS Rehearsal [HD] | Facebook

I think they're doing OK. Per Cheryl, Rick can now do their Viennese Waltz routine to the music and she's been very appreciative of his progress even reporting about how impressed she is of his musicality and rhythm. She posted this in her website:The Official Website of Cheryl Burke... www.strictlycheryl.com
    I think everyone is going to be impressed with his [Rick] rhythm and musicality. He has a lot of potential and we're having such productive rehearsal sessions that I barely notice than I am more than a foot shorter than him.
    Apparently Rick picks up things quickly ... that they're having a blast practicing their routine. What I can see is they are both very careful _ he has a girlfriend and she, I think, wants to avoid rumors linking her again to her partner. She was OK with Gilles _ the Frenchman whose wife obviously did not have a problem with her closeness to her hubby but Cheryl was careful with some of her partners.

FORT Fan

Yeah . . a Rick/Cheryl dance is something of a freak show. The two parties are both elegant and good-looking, but it's still a circus. In heels, Cheryl's probably 5'6" which is a completely normal-sized woman. But they keep putting her with partners that make her look like she's a little person. They had to dig deep to find someone taller than Ochocinco . .and they managed it!! This height difference is just really unworkable for a ballroom situation.

Anna is our tallest girl, so she needed to be with Rick and Cheryl with Kurt. Cheryl's arms are like little toothpicks compared to her partner's and it's so hard for him to hold a frame with someone so much further down on the floor.

The Latin dances will have to be their saving grace . . they don't have to be quite so close together for the duration of those.

Rick/Cheryl did a lot better than I thought they would, especially after seeing the rehearsal clips. But it's really not fair to either one that Rick is a foot taller than Cheryl. He deserved a better shot with a taller pro. Anna Demidova should have came back, or he should have gotten Kym, who I think is the tallest female pro on the roster this season. I'll be curious how he jives, because having those long legs might not serve him well. He might last longer than I thought. He seems to be well known and have a decent sized fanbase, so even if he gets marked low for the dances, he might stick around.

Basketball players have never danced well on this show. I think it takes someone with Cheryl's talent as dancer, teacher, and choreographer to make a basketball player look good. Rick Fox looked a lot better than I expected.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4065793;
    Basketball players have never danced well on this show. I think it takes someone with Cheryl's talent as dancer, teacher, and choreographer to make a basketball player look good. Rick Fox looked a lot better than I expected.
    I'm not mistaken, this is the 4th athlete Cheryl's had, more than any other female pro. What you said above is probably why they figured, height difference or not, Cheryl would make it work. While I'm not really a fan of hers anymore, I do think she's an excellent teacher who does choreograph to the strengths of her partners. A lot of what I saw with Chad was bad posture, but the overall routines looked pleasing enough. I didn't know anything about Rick coming into this, other than he was in the NBA and married to Vanessa Williams at one point, but he seemed pretty funny and likeable. I really loved how Tom botched his joke at revealing Rick was safe

I wonder if Eliza would ever considering doing the show. I've always been a fan of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4067319;
    I wonder if Eliza would ever considering doing the show. I've always been a fan of hers.
    She looked SO pretty when they showed her on perormance night. It would be fun if she'd do the show!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Who is John Galt?

While Rick Fox is indeed HOT, he and Cheryl look ridiculous dancing a slow dance together. She had to get special heels that were 4" high and he still looks like he is dancing with a doll. What is unfortunate is that he is really quite a good dancer and has a beautiful form while dancing. He is graceful yet masculine. Kym would definitely have been a better choice and I think he is good enough that Anna Demidova's somewhat lacking choreographic abilities would not have mattered. A taller woman would have been much more appropriate.

I disagree. The height difference is a little too great to look entirely comfortable and elegant, but I don't think it was ridiculous.
    I was impressed by him. Cheryl has a knack for getting the best out of her partners and I think she has some real talent to work with in Rick.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast