+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff - Season 11

Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff - Season 11

His mantra back in Jersey is “Gym, tan, laundry.” We’re wondering if he’ll be able to alter that a little for the DWTS dance floor... maybe “Rehearse, spray tan, sequins”?

Mike Sorrentino is quickly becoming one of Hollywood’s emerging talents. Born in Staten Island, New York and raised in Manalapan, New Jersey he is most known for starring on the hit show The Jersey Shore now in its 2nd season on MTV. He graduated from Manalapan High School and went on to college in NJ where he graduated in 2004. After graduation, he tried his hand at personal training, fitness modeling and soon after was scouted for an upcoming reality show which would eventually become The Jersey Shore.

The popularity of the show caught fire becoming one of the highest rated shows in MTV history and propelled “The Situation” into pop culture phenomenon. As The Jersey Shore continues in its unrivaled success, Mike also continues to gain in popularity nationally as well as internationally. He was nominated this year at the Teen Choice Awards for “Choice TV: Male Reality Star." Upcoming projects for Mike include a book—Here’s the Situation—which be out in stores on November 2nd, a vitamin line with nationwide store GNC that will launch in the fall, and a fitness DVD which will be out in December.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff - Season 11

Why?

These two are beginning their dancing this week. According to Tony's tweets sounds like Mike's been hanging out with him and Audrina. I do feel sorry for Karina that they allowed someone to not get going until a week before the premiere. It's not like he was filling in for someone at the last minute. I don't care for Karina, but I will say, I love her dancing and chroegraphy. She manages to stay fresh and unique.

I think this will be Floyd/Aaron attitude and arrogance with a touch of Steve-O.

I can't wait to see him on the show! I love the Jersey Shore and he's one of my favorites. I have never really watched Dancing with the Stars before but I just have to tune in this season to see him.

Who is John Galt?

Ewww!! - to both of them. I am not a fan of either. Hope they leave early.

FORT Newbie

I think that Lacey would have been a much better partner for him. I love him. I think he's awesome and hilarious! On the other hand, I LOATHE Karina.

Not too fond of the guy but you have to give him credit for making the most of his 15 minutes.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I thought it was so cute that they were sitting next to each other at the VMAs last night!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Slow news day, but I was reading that the Situation apparently thinks he's a bigger celeb than Kim K (which is sad that we even think of them of celebs or that one might actually prove to be more star worthy than the other). I think we're likely to be hearing about Kim long after reality TV fades away. She got lucky, but I think Keeping Up is one of the more successful reality type docu-dramas of that genre and produced staying power. People from shows like Jersey Shore will eventually fade back into the woodwork when people stop watching. I hear the Situation is going to crash and burn but hopes to portray himself as an underdog to get votes, and he intends to go shirtless

I feel sorry for Karina. I'm sure she's just happy to be back but the girl doesn't have a chance. I think she got him instead of Lacey because she'll be a better match to whip him into shape.

I am holding out judgment on all of the contestants, until I see them dance, and see their personalities for myself. Im not writing anyone off before they even dance. Somehow that does not seem fair.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;4064703;
    I am holding out judgment on all of the contestants, until I see them dance, and see their personalities for myself. Im not writing anyone off before they even dance. Somehow that does not seem fair.
    It's not fair, but then again whoever said that life was fair? Maybe he will be another Kelly and surprise the bunch of us - who knows? I don't know this guy from Adam, so I guess I'm with the group that will just have to wait and see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast