+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff - Season 11

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff - Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4067674;
    He did say something along the lines of "did I tell you that's a nice suit?" (I had close captioning on), which is why I really didn't understand Len's vitriolic response. That's the sort of thing that kind of has me rooting for Mike now.
    I don't think Len heard him. I wondered what was said to get that comment, from Len of all people. I just don't think they like him. I know he's going to be around for awhile, but I hope there's a surprise and he gets eliminated early. Don't like him (or his cocky attitude) and Karina.

Len must have heard him say the "did I tell you...?" part because he responded in exactly the same way.

I thought this was a rough week for Sitch and hope he can do better when he's had more time to train.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

You know anyone with eyes can see this guy is pigeon toed, but does CA have any kind of tact? I hate rude people who think that pointing out people's flaws is ok. What a disgrace these judges have become or at least two of the three, Len maintains himself most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4071566;
    You know anyone with eyes can see this guy is pigeon toed, but does CA have any kind of tact? I hate rude people who think that pointing out people's flaws is ok. What a disgrace these judges have become or at least two of the three, Len maintains himself most of the time.
    No. And it's CA, who can't ever find great criticism so she'll say someone's arms looked funny, or their ankles, and leave it at that. She and Bruno are beginning to believe their own hype. The Polish DWTS is going on now, and during a jive I saw a pro pick his partner up (both feet off the floor), and carry her. I don't understand Polish, but apparently that was fine So being annoying about the lifts is her trademark, and a fight she doesn't want to lose. As is being obnoxious and shedding fake tears.

Back to Mike. It's not like there wasn't enough wrong with that dance that she couldn't critique. If his JS fanbase cares enough to vote, he might last awhile longer. His dancing was pretty terrible. Not as bad as his cha cha, but not exactly much better. I thought Karina's choreography was dumbed way down.

FORT Fan

I'm wondering if he didn't just have the 6 days to learn his 2nd dance also? If I'm not mistaken, I thought I read somewhere that during the 5 weeks preshow that the couples have with each other, they are learning both Week 1 and part of the Week 2 dances.

If that's true, I can't believe during Mike's 5 days prior to opening night, that Karina would have thought it wise to concentrate on anything beyond that initial dance. Therefore not touching the Week 2 dance until last Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.

I can't remember where I read this so I could be out in left field. Wouldn't be the first time.

He's got charisma and he looks good with Karina but he just doesn't have any musicality and I don't see him getting much better. He'll work hard and his fanbase will keep him in it for a bit but dancing just isn't his forte.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4072041;
    I'm wondering if he didn't just have the 6 days to learn his 2nd dance also? If I'm not mistaken, I thought I read somewhere that during the 5 weeks preshow that the couples have with each other, they are learning both Week 1 and part of the Week 2 dances.

If that's true, I can't believe during Mike's 5 days prior to opening night, that Karina would have thought it wise to concentrate on anything beyond that initial dance. Therefore not touching the Week 2 dance until last Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning.

I can't remember where I read this so I could be out in left field. Wouldn't be the first time.
    No, you're right. When the couples get paired up they get their two dances for the first two weeks in advance. I've actually heard that they sometimes know what dances they'll have a few weeks in advance. But back to this point, everyone would have had the same amount of time to learn their first two dances. It's up to the couples how much time they spend on the two. But this coming week, Mike will officially have the same amount of time as everyone else. He has the foxtrot, so I'm guessing ABC wants to ensure he sticks around, maybe shows a more serious side. If he had the samba I think it'd be a wreck.

Something about Karina seems fake this time around

Something about Karina seems fake this time around
    She's dancing with a big fake, so it might just be carrying over.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Who is John Galt?

This guy is so pigeon toed he looks like he is going to trip over his own feet at any moment. Just don't see the attraction anyone has for this reality show creature.

I don't know what the heck that was supposed to be tonight, but for the life of me can not figure out what CA and Bruno remotely saw in it to justify giving it a 7. It was an odd dance. Forget it was about as far from the foxtrot as you could get. I obviously don't blame them for the song choice they got. But it was just bad. Maybe it was the show's influence at CA and Bruno's 7's, but they seemed like they meant it. That was more overscored than any dance so far this season. Didn't really care for the story line, either. I hope it doesn't get even more desperate at the lengths the show will go to to keep Mike in if the voters say otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast