+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Hopefully it's okay to start a new thread for this. Might be easier to get the confirmed contestants in one place than weeding through the spoilers.

Anyone else going to brave Bachelor Pad with me? Anyone else hoping all the rumored contestants turn out to be ABC's best lie ever?

ETA: this show is basically Big Brother with a different name and cooler challenges. Melissa's on this show, too? Okay, first commercials so you better start dishing, show.

Just had a promo, and the announcement is "coming up", which probably translates to one of those promos every commercial, and the cast being announced at 9:59.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-30-2010 at 08:09 PM.

FORT Fogey

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast

I couldn't bring myself to watch BP, so will be looking here for the DWTS announcements. Thanks for starting this thread!

Turned on the show to see what the announcement is, and nearly 90 minutes in they still haven't announced anything. Urgghhh.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Finally.

Ladies first: Brandy, Jennifer Grey, Margarte Cho, Adrinna ????, Florence Henderson, Uhhhg, B. Palin.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

This show isn't as bad as I thought. I'm somewhat grossly entertained. It beats sitting through the finale of TB last season. At least there's no stupid nicknames for the contestants. But screw you show for dragging the announcement out. I guess ratings aren't so great. This build up for the cast is cheesy. It better be good.

But finally! Here we go:

12 stars (complete with audience, Tom, Brooke-Tom says they're all about keeping it low key)

Cast is brought out live. Ladies are:
    Brandy (singer/actress) one rumor correct
    Jennifer Gray (actress) she did not age well
    Margaret Cho (actress/comidenne)
    Audrina Patridge (Hills star)
    Florence Henderson (actress)
    Bristol Palin (does she need an introduction?)

Men are coming up next. Nice kept secret show. You must know this cast will tank and wanted to get it out right away.

Changed channel at JUST the right time to avoid most of Bachelor Pad

Brandy
    Jennifer Gray
    Margaret Cho
    Audrina Partridge
    Florence Henderson
    Bristol Palin

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. When BRANDY is the only person I can stand, its a horrible cast. I mean everybody loves Florence Henderson, I guess, but I dislike the stunt-casting of old stars on principle.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052122;
    This show isn't as bad as I thought. I'm somewhat grossly entertained. It beats sitting through the finale of TB last season. At least there's no stupid nicknames for the contestants. But screw you show for dragging the announcement out. I guess ratings aren't so great. This build up for the cast is cheesy. It better be good.

But finally! Here we go:

12 stars (complete with audience, Tom, Brooke-Tom says they're all about keeping it low key)

Cast is brought out live. Ladies are:
    Brandy (singer/actress) one rumor correct
    Jennifer Gray (actress) she did not age well
    Margaret Cho (actress/comidenne)
    Audrina Patridge (Hills star)
    Florence Henderson (actress)
    Bristol Palin (does she need an introduction?)

Men are coming up next. Nice kept secret show. You must know this cast will tank and wanted to get it out right away.
    Hi Karalott, is 12 the usual number? 6 woman, 6 men?

I'd root for Florence because she's been wanting to do this show since season 3. For an older contestant, I can tolerate her much easier, and think she might move a little more gracefully than Cloris, Susan, or Buzz. I'm not happy that Corky is back to partner her, so for that reason alone I'm all for cutting the age off for the ladies. Doesn't look like Mark or Derek will be bagging a trophy this season. I love Brandy, but the rest of the women?

ETA: It varies Mini Diva. The first season had just 6, but I guess on average the show has typically had 12-13. 3 seasons had just 11, and season 9 had 16. I like the even numbers, so I'm glad, but hope this isn't a sign they're going to keep adding couples every season. 12 is good. The cast, so far, isn't.

Palin, are they serious? In what world is this silly child a celebrity/star? Oh, great, we'll have to listen to how "hard" it is to be a teenaged-mom. Shoot, you aren't raising your kid, your mom's nanny is raising the kid. I sure hope she's gone FIRST! I almost think she's a worse choice than Kate (almost-OK, they're equally awful). How desperate is ABC?
    Last edited by dougrayfan; 08-30-2010 at 09:35 PM.

I guess we can thank the stunt casting of Kate largely. I hope that's the only reason we're getting Bristol and Audrina, because I'd hate to think the show had to settle. I'd love for Mark to get Bristol. Hopefully this season blows up in their face and next season we get real stars, not kids of politicians, controversial tabloid figures, or reality show nobodies. Only lady I'm rooting for is Brandy (love ya Florence, but not with Corky-no one could make me vote for him).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast