+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

FORT Fogey

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

I enjoy this show and hope the dismal lineup this season is just a fluke. I'll watch the first show, but if I don't see anything really promising or exciting, I might not tune in again. I do get a kick out of Bruno's comments, though, and will miss them, as well as the interaction among the judges.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4052292;
    My attitude in terms of Ali and Roberto is this: Just because other "non-stars" were cast, doesn't mean they should cast even more "non-stars." IMO, people from The Bach and B'ette have utterly no business on this show, unless it's an emergency last minute sub, like Melissa was. That I can understand. So, count me as one who's thrilled not to have to endure an Ali-Roberto-Bachelorette infomercial. And I say that as someone who likes Roberto and doesn't mind Ali.

Unrelated, but I think Chelsie is in fact paired with Michael Bolton. Her Twitter page talked about going to Louisiana for the weekend. Michael was there for a concert. Meh. Not sure what I think of this, but at least she didn't get saddled with "The Situation" and all his ridiculous glory.
    Then I wonder who's getting Kyle. He's only 5'5". I think only Anna T. is short enough for him It would surprise me if he didn't get Chelsie, because he seems like a cookie cutter type for her. But maybe too much so. I dont have high hopes for Michael doing well, so it looks like I won't have Chelsie in the finals again I wonder what he's going to do about his concerts. Mark/Bristol are in fact a pair, and the rest are being revealed on GMA tomorrow (I don't know why they consider dragging it out). Hee, no trophy for you this season Mark!

Back during season 7 or 8, I remember Conrad commenting that he would only cast celebs who were true celebs, and had done something in the entertainment industry. In other words, no famous for nothing reality show types. What a difference a few seasons makes. I can see why the Situation was cast, even though I'm not the least bit thrilled with the idea. I can see why Bristol was cast. I am glad we don't have anyone from TB series. I don't know anything about Roberto, but I can't say I find him entirely sexy, and I from what I've seen of Ali I don't like. And just because they were on doesn't mean they'd be a hit with the viewers. They could have been a big bore or not very good dancers. I already have my sex appeal for the show-his name is Maks Ali/Roberto would have made the cast all the more worse for me at least, though I'm still holding out hope it won't be as big a trainwreck as I'm imagining.

I thought there was a story a few days ago that said Corky was coming back to dance with Florence. I apologize if this has already been discussed - has this been debunked?
    I think wikipedia was trying to jump the gun and pair people up that they figured would match right. I don't believe their list, because they originally had Edyta on it, who is not returning. They had Chelsie paired with Rick Fox, who's over a foot taller than her, Brandy with Mark (we know that's false). So I think the Corky/Florence rumors are true, though I'd give anything for Corky not to be returning.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-31-2010 at 11:27 AM.

And to further your viewing pleasure with this stellar cast, ET has announced that Kate Gosselin will be a special correspondent to DWTS this season.

I was excited to see Kyle Massey on the list. I think he will be entertaining and may actually be good. Both of my girls - 15 & 17 - were excited to see him on the list. So maybe they're trying to get a younger crowd?

He is a hoot and will be fun.

See my post #55.

We were promised a "big name." This was after we had proof about some of the cast.

Who is this person?
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4052432;
    And to further your viewing pleasure with this stellar cast, ET has announced that Kate Gosselin will be a special correspondent to DWTS this season.
    OMG, this has got to be a joke! The worst contestant ever to stomp around the stage on this show is going to comment ... on what? Not to mention, she has the personality and charisma of a stump. That totally untalented woman has one heck of a manager to get her all these lucrative gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4052440;
    See my post #55.

We were promised a "big name." This was after we had proof about some of the cast.

Who is this person?
    It was a "big name" accoording to Melissa Rycroft. She may be a lot more easily impressed than most.

Maybe she dreamed of being a Baywatch lifegaurd as a little girl. Or maybe her DVD of Dirty Dancing is still stuck in her machine, right next to her worn-out copy of Michael Bolton's Greatest Hits in her CD clock radio...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I think there are a few people on this cast who could be considered a "big name". David Hasselhoff, Florence Henderson, and Jennifer Grey are major icons of their time. Some would view Michael Bolton as iconic of the early 90's. I know my mom would. She has never watched DWTS and is planning on it now b/c of him and Bristol Palin, who is very controversial herself. Any one of those could be considered a "big name". It just depends on who you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4052456;
    Any one of those could be considered a "big name". It just depends on who you ask.
    Very true. I have never had any idea who any of the sports people were, with the exception of Kristi Yamaguchi, and some people seemed to think that they were massive stars . At any rate, I cut every new lot of celebritys some slack because over the seasons I have been horrified by some that I knew and expected to love (David Alan Grier), and adored some that I had never heard of and expected to be somewhat smarmy (Gilles Marini). Michael Bolton may very well turn out to be delightful - I'll give him a chance before I start throwing around the "ewwww, gross".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4052452;
    It was a "big name" accoording to Melissa Rycroft. She may be a lot more easily impressed than most.

Maybe she dreamed of being a Baywatch lifegaurd as a little girl. Or maybe her DVD of Dirty Dancing is still stuck in her machine, right next to her worn-out copy of Michael Bolton's Greatest Hits in her CD clock radio...
    If we are going to guess , mine is going to be that as a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, Melissa saw or maybe even met Kurt Warner as he quarterbacked in a rival Cardinals pro football game. I think that would possibly make Kurt Warner important to Melissa Rycroft.

+ Reply to Thread