+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast

Does anyone else have a problem with the site re-directing to My Space or now something called Outdoor something or other? The site just automatically re-directs there on me. I end up having to re-boot my computer because the closing the site and re-logging in is not working. Is this something the new server is doing? Or, am I just the "lucky" one who gets this?
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Sometimes I have a hard time getting the sight to load, but I think that's my computer. Someone else on here was having the same issue as you.

*Sigh* I was hoping for some nice surprises. 90 minutes for a cast revealed last week, and probably the men rumored are going to be confirmed tonight.

This season will be all about Bristol on the women's side, so I hope the others are ready to take a backseat and get eliminated because the show won't let their stunt casting backfire.

The women:

Brandy - ok
    Jennifer Grey - ok
    Margaret Cho (meh . . .grates)
    Audrina Patridge (who??)
    Florence Henderson (76) - hmmm. Might surprise us. But her gushing at young guys schtick gets tiresome.
    Bristol Palin SAY IT AIN'T SO. I want you and your mother GONE - fast.

Men at one of the next breaks. Then interviews? When? At 9:59 and a half? Silly stunt. I'm really fed up with this silly stuff. I believe the show has finally jumped the shark. I'm considering not watching this season. OK, I like Kurt Warner, he'll probably be eliminated early (and probably can't dance) and I can see myself finding something else to do on Mondays.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Lets break this apart a bit...

Brandy - Is she there as a "scandal" person (the whole car crash thing), or as a ringer (former pop star who already knows how to dance)?

Jennifer Gray - Nostalgia for someone people THINK can dance but who probably can't?

Margaret Cho - I'm supposing she's there for the huge LGBT following. But aside from that, she's REALLY annoying.

Audrina Partridge - Ugh. Not as bad as "The Situation" (or Heidi and/or Spencer would have been). But its still dipping pretty low. Almost to Gosselin levels.

Florence Henderson - Old, old old old. Love her. But OLD.

Bristol Palin - There aren't enough "puke" emoticons for this one.

And yet if the rumors of the male cast are true too... its going to get even worse. A lot of stomach churning people...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

So much for keeping a lid on things ABC. I truly hoped the rumored list was all a joke. Brandy's got it dance wise for the women. I can't get over Jennifer-I didn't even recognize her. Bristol's got the ratings factor. The others are just filler. ABC, you suck.

I'd forgotten about Brandy's accident. I'm thinking they might go for a male winner, so if that's the case, then she's a scandal person whose dancing will get nitpicked to a tee. However, without seeing any of the other women dance, Brandy could dance on one foot and probably still get 10s.

Jennifer's probably nostaliga, but Florence seems more relevent. The Brady Bunch is an icon. Dirty Dancing may be, but really what has Jennifer done recently? I have no idea the appeal of Audrina.

I'm guessing Audrina/Brandy go to Maks and Tony, as they're the tallest female celebs and tallest male pros. Florence was rumored to be paired with Mark's annoying camera mugging father Corky. Derek and Jennifer are said to be partnered, and based on height and process of elimination we're left with Margaret, Bristol, Louis (if he's on), and Mark.

And the men (we'll see if the spoilers add up here):

Michael Bolton (wow, didn't see that one coming)
    The Situation, whatever his name is
    David Hasselhoff
    Kurt Warner () You're my only hope Kurt!
    Kyle Massey (who?) only named not leaked, and it's not a good one
    Rick Fox

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

And now for the men:

Michael Bolton, The Situation, David Hasselhoff, Kurt Warner, Kyle Massey (who?), Rick Fox

Men...

Lets see if the disgusting rumors are true.

Michael Bolton (ugh)
    The Situation-hole (double ugh)
    Hasselputz (triple ugh)
    Kurt Warner (Cool)
    Kyle Someone or Other (who?)
    Rick Fox

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This season is either going to be soooo much better than it's looking-or is going to kill the show and be the worst thing that's ever hit the airwaves. Right now I'm voting for the latter.

I'm looking forward to Kurt, David, and Brandy. There's my final 3.

Show, you need to dish out more money if this is the best you can get. This is the worst.

+ Reply to Thread