+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4054051;
    Who's Eliza?
    Eliza Dushku - Rick Fox's girlfriend. She was the star of The Dollhouse and Tru Calling, and a regular on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel (she played Faith if you ever watched either of those).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Thanks, Rattus.
    Yes, I've seen her.
    Didn't know she was with Rick since he / Vanessa divorced. Eliza seems a tad young for him.

I just realized that I cannot wait to hear what Elisabeth H. will have to say about Bristol being on this show, after she tore mercilessly into Erin Andrews for appearing so scantily clad.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I didn't even recognize Jennifer Grey, I like her original nose so much better. I think Maks and Brandy will do well, looking forward to watching them.

Lacey Just giving Lacey some love since she is brutalized in this thread.

I think it's way too early to say who I'm going to vote for or who I'm going to dislike--the season hasn't even started! They haven't even danced yet. I have my early pre-show opinions though, not gonna dismiss that fact. But I will still wait until the big premiere to see who has potential and who I shouldn't bother rooting for.

I'm sure other people have already realized this, but I find it funny that Brandy and David are on this season together, both being former America's Got Talent judges. I thought it was a funny coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4052551;
    Ugh, there's a word I hope we can just retire for a season...I don't care if Jennifer Grey was in Dirty Dancing and knows how to point her foot. I don't care if Brandy has worked with choreographers for tours and videos. I don't care if Florence has danced in musical theater for decades. I don't care if the athletes took ballet and ballroom when they were kids. Let's all just lay off the "ringer" name-calling this year unless it's a complete runaway.
    I know "ringer" arguments will never die, but I agree with you so much.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm just tired of Derek/Mark always getting them. We'll have ringers every season, though sight unseen this year's group looks more balanced (for better or worse). I'm sure next season Mark will end up getting a sure thing to make up for pairing him with Bristol, and his two exits with Shannon and Melissa.

While I have my favorite pros that I'd miss if they weren't back next time, I'm almost hoping that maybe we get some new faces in there next season. Not people that were on other dance shows, unless it was an international DWTS, but just newbies in general. Everyone has been on almost regularly (if not regularly) since season 2, with Mark/Derek joining in season 5, and then Lacey/Chelsie joining later on. I think the show could use an added change like that.

I just saw the first picture of Bristol and Mark practicing and, based on his idiotic mugging for the camera, I'm hoping for week 2 elimination. I always forget how grating and irritating he is until he pulls that crap. If he'd just behave like a normal person, he'd be more tolerable. He's a good dancer, but his stage personality is just too much.

Although I think Jennifer will be a hard worker, it looks like Derek got lucky once again. I like her, but I'd be happier if she was with another partner. I was surprised that Audrina looked as coordinated as she did in the picture I saw - at least her limbs were in a good position and her feet were pointed. She may end up looking like an ostrich on roller skates as soon as she moves, but she looks okay in a still photograph!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Tony seems very pleased with Audrina. Because he got the worst this show has ever produced, I'm hoping she's somewhat successful. At least he's smiling, and it doesn't look forced. But she has an eerie blank stare in her eyes Some of those pictures had me If this is another Derek tongue bath, I'll really be praying he decides maybe he needs to pursue something else than trying to collect tacky mirrorballs and having his BFF put his head between his legs at the end of the season. I'm in the camp that really isn't expecting Jennifer to do well, based on several factors. That could all change once I see her dance and if the show tries to give her a break, because they really seem to think she's one of the big gets this season. I just don't get it I won't be surprised if there's a lot of DD references jammed down our throats. I just hope things are more balanced at the judges table this year and not the obvious favorite playing.

I think Bristol will go early. I don't know if it'll be really early (I could see potentially Michael, Florence, and maybe even Margaret going before her). But I don't she'll make the group dance/marathon week. Of course I'm hoping the Situation gets booted first, but I think even with what will probably be the worst dance he'll stick around.

Well, Kara, I know you're a huge Louis fan, but I've never liked Margaret and seeing her pictures just makes my skin creep. UGH! Perhaps she'll be more likeable on the show ala Jerry Springer.
    I'm not sure how quickly Mrs Brady will get the boot. As long as Cloris hung on, will we be subjected to the same thing? Again, she may surprise us and be better than we expect - which will be a shame since she partnered with (cringe) Corky.
    I would be looking forward to seeing Jennifer had she not been partnered with Derek.
    I've looked forward to the show starting with great anticipation. (I don't really watch that many reality tv shows anymore.) I hope the show is better than I fear it will end up and that I find some unexpected favorites.

Just based on my pre-show opinions of them/rehearsal pics, the ones I want gone early are Jennifer/Derek, Kyle/Lacey, Margaret/Louis (as much as I love him don't think I'll be able to stand her) and Situation/Karina. I'm not one who hates Lacey, I actually think she was very likable when she was paired with Steve-O and Mark D. However, when you look through the rehearsal photographs, every single couple seems to be hard at work with the exception of Kyle/Lacey. They're just mugging for the camera, and it ticked me off. Get thee to work! This is your job!

The ones I want to go far are Audrina/Tony (of course), Rick/Cheryl, and Kurt/Anna. The jury is still out on Michael/Chelsie. I like him, but don't know how he'll do on the show. Bristol/Mark and Brandy/Maks I'm leaning toward liking but not sure yet. I have to see how Bristol does, and Brandy just rubs me the wrong way. If she comes off as arrogant I'll be on the team that wants her gone pronto. As far as David/Kym are concerned, I'm still undecided on that one, as well as Florence/Corky.

I watched a short video interview on you tube w/ Patrick Swayze where he was talking about working with Jennifer on DD, and he was talking about her "amazing natural ability to dance", which may not be his exact words but it's pretty darn close. That made my stomach turn. I want Derek out super early this year. He annoys the crap out of me.

So I guess this is now going to be" dancing with the reality stars and those so not really Celebirities" They really scraped the bottom to come up with this crude. I may not watch.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread