+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Re: Dancing with the Stars: Official Season 11 Cast (Live reveal 8/30)

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052580;
    I'm guessing it's Bristol, but Melissa also said we'd be surprised and pleased by the cast, and hinted we wouldn't have a lot of older contestants clomping around. For all I know, she could be referring to the one guy whose name wasn't spoiled, Kyle Massey.
    Confirms my long held belief that Melissa is either a total liar or a complete div...or both.
    There's really no one to get overly excited about in this cast, imo.
    Even Bristol Palin isn't a huge 'get' considering how fame-hungry her family is.
    It was always a matter of time before they took multiple forays into reality tv where you can get well-paid for having absolutely no talent.
    Perfect for the Palin clan.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4052631;
    Confirms my long held belief that Melissa is either a total liar or a complete div...or both.
    There's really no one to get overly excited about in this cast, imo.
    Even Bristol Palin isn't a huge 'get' considering how fame-hungry her family is.
    It was always a matter of time before they took multiple forays into reality tv where you can get well-paid for having absolutely no talent.
    Perfect for the Palin clan.

ITA with every word you said, fluff.

The cast kinda sucks. lol I'm not really invested in any of them and it's sad if this is the best cast the show could get. I'll root for Tony and Chels as they are my fave pros. I like Kurt and it's nice to see Grey get some work so to speak. Brandy could prob use the show too after a really rough time. We'll see how it goes but not that excited about any of them.

I was okay when this show ventured into reality tv for their "stars." Like many viewers I devote a good amount of my tv time to reality tv shows--so having contestants as reality stars was fine by me. But when did kids of politicians become stars? When did politicians become stars? What is going on?

I would think after so many seasons genuine stars would see that this show is a great way to boost your career and would be keen to sign on.
    Whether I like them or not I consider Hoff and Bolton stars, recognizable figures who've had successful careers. Bristol Palin isn't a star, neither is Sitch, no matter how notorious he might currently be.
    I'm tired of the show passing off nobodies as "stars". This is why I was so pleased that Ali and Roberto aren't on. They needed to nip that in the bud.

I'm also getting tired of seeing the same pros every season. As much as I like Derek it seems as though he never takes a year off, same with Cheryl, Mark and Maks.
    Give us Dmitry again, let Ashley Costa come back for another season. They have a big pool of pros to choose from yet it seems like half a dozen names go on the team sheet first every season and the other pros have to take turns to fill the remaining spots.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4052450;
    OMG, this has got to be a joke! The worst contestant ever to stomp around the stage on this show is going to comment ... on what? Not to mention, she has the personality and charisma of a stump. That totally untalented woman has one heck of a manager to get her all these lucrative gigs.
    I just read your response and immediately knew you were talking about that pitiful excuse for a celebrity/human being/etc... Kate. Are they seriously trying to just piss us all off?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4052764;
    I would think after so many seasons genuine stars would see that this show is a great way to boost your career and would be keen to sign on.
    Whether I like them or not I consider Hoff and Bolton stars, recognizable figures who've had successful careers. Bristol Palin isn't a star, neither is Sitch, no matter how notorious he might currently be.
    I'm tired of the show passing off nobodies as "stars". This is why I was so pleased that Ali and Roberto aren't on. They needed to nip that in the bud.

I'm also getting tired of seeing the sane pros every season. As much as I like Derek it seems as though hr never takes a year off, same with Cheryl, Mark and Maks.
    Give us Dmitry again, let Ashley Costa come back for another season. They have a big pool of pros yo choose from yet it seems like half a dozen names go on the team sheet first every season and the other pros have to take turns to fill the remaining spots.
    By casting reality show nobodies, I worry C-listers might think twice from signing onto a season that next time might feature tabloid trainwreck Tila Tequila and one of the mistresses of Tiger Woods and/or Jesse James. I also don't think it's fair to the pros. For the most part, they seem to take this more seriously than the people who produce the show, and want their world of dance represented right. It was obvious last season they weren't happy with how things went, and Maks especially often lashes out at the judges lack of comments and technique. He's right. CA will criticize someone's ankles, but have no constructive comments and have no comments other than their ankles looked funny. Bruno is outlandish. And of course, they play favorites. I doubt this season will be any different. That's why I'm at least hoping Derek doesn't lap up what they're spewing. But I feel like they're going to tout Jennifer as better as she is, and I'd say that even if she wasn't paired with Derek. Jonathan I've always liked, but I don't know what he did to tick the producers off. It's been nice the last two seasons having somewhat new faces in the finals. Too bad the outcomes were predictable.

I can't agree with you on Maks And I could care less about ever seeing Lacey or Karina again. But it would be nice if they rotated out the pros. Cheryl last season looked bored and seemed to have an attitude whenever she doesn't get a sure fire contender. Mark I've been turned off from since his attitude with Melissa. Didn't like him before, but can't stand the little brat now. Lacey I feel the exact same way about. If there's one pro that plays by her own rules and makes it about herself, it's Lacey, and I find her routines dull. Karina's a great dancer and choreographer, but don't care for the rest of the package. I wish they'd give new pros like Anna and Damian more of a chance to build a fanbase and find their way. Anna didn't make the best first impression, but she was getting there. I wouldn't mind them adding newbies once in awhile, and I really wish they'd spread the wealth in terms of partners.

I do feel sorry for whoever gets The Situation. He can't start rehearsing until Sept. 8th because of MTV commitments. How is that fair to his partner, or the other couples who will already be working their tails off, but he'll just clomp around, flash his abs, cry underdog, give attitude, and get through. The show is ruining itself by castings like this.

Hope the Bachelor/ette phase is over. I was also glad that Ali or Roberto were not picked. That crap started with Trista, then chipmunk boo-hoo he dumped her Melissa. Then - unless I've forgotten someone - Jake, and we all know how that turned out.
    Last edited by tango7; 08-31-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4052175;
    So sez TMZ...

Edyta -- 'Dancing' Stomped on My Career Plans | TMZ.com

I don't get this. Who do you think will be voting for her?

I mean I guess that huge block of Sarah Palin super-conservative boosters may in theory be there for Bristol, but in practice I wonder how many of them are likely to watch the show and then vote.
    Plus, all of her tabloid drama might put even those folks off, then there's the whole abstinence hypocrisy angle.
    I'll be voting for her for one. The others will be all of those Tom DeLay fans who voted to keep him there for 4 weeks, until he hurt his foot and quit. To the media's chagrin, Sarah Palin has a huge fan base and I'm sure that will extend to Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4052810;
    I'll be voting for her for one. The others will be all of those Tom DeLay fans who voted to keep him there for 4 weeks, until he hurt his foot and quit. To the media's chagrin, Sarah Palin has a huge fan base and I'm sure that will extend to Bristol.
    Why would you declare that you will vote for Palin w/o ever seeing her dance?!?! Sarah Palin is a freaking politician, a quitter at that and you're planning to toss votes at Bristol solely because she's Sarah's daughter?!??! That is why I will not be watching this show this season. People have lost their freaking minds and that stupid Twitter Quitter is the reason why.

+ Reply to Thread