+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

FORT Regular

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Paula has a Niecy Nash-type of personality...kind of larger than life, great energy. She would be a lot of fun to watch, but no idea if she can move. Maks mentioned meeting her at the CMT's and said she would be fun but they would never get anything done because she's so crazy.

The big name being tossed around recently is Landon Donovan - I think he's even said he's in talks with the show. Lindsay Lohan has been joked about recently (including by Tony who said he'd go to the jail to teach her), but I really hope that doesn't happen. She needs to get some help first. Then she can use DWTS to resurrect her career.

As for the pros, my list pretty much matches karalott's, but I'm okay with everyone BUT Karina. I still like Cheryl but she did seem off this season. Her partnership with Chad felt really flat and uncomfortable and I never really saw a lot of chemistry between them.

I agree w/ you guys about Cheryl/Chad. I thought he was hilarious the first episode but then it very old very quicky. I want Cheryl w/ somebody fun again! I'll never forget the very first time I saw her, when I watched DWTS for the first time Season 3 and she came down the stairs w/ Emmett Smith...BAM! I was hooked. She just oozed charisma.

btw, Season 3 was also the first time I saw Karina and I have strongly disliked her ever since. I tried to like her when she was paired with Billy Ray Cyrus, because I like him, but I just can't do it! She is so....BLEH.

I named all the pros that I'd like to see back before, but the ones that I can't live without are Cheryl, Tony, Maks, Chelsie, Edyta, Kym, and Louis. I like the others that I mentioned a lot too, but I will be so so disappointed if those seven aren't back!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I sort of felt sorry for her because Brooke brought it up every episode about the showmances going on and the gifts Chad was buying her. I think it was fun in the beginning, but made it awkward for her. Plus, I can't say Chad lived up to the hype, though he had his moments. I thought he was more fun in rehearsals than on the dance floor.

I'd probably bet if Landon was up for doing the show he'll be on. They tend to go for the 'it' celebrities at the moment, and he's qualify. If the show premieres Sept. 22nd, then the cast will probably be announced about a month prior, so hopefully we start hearing more rumors. A lot of the rumors announced I'm not going to place a lot of truth to. Lindsay and her mom I think we can safely count out. Same with Vienna. Still worried there might be some truth to Tiger Wood's mistress being cast but I guess if they want to for the 'it' people they'd go for Mel Gibson's ex. I know Sig Hanson of The Deadliest Catch is campaigning to be on, so given what happened on that show recently with a member dying that might be a story line for him to get cast. I wouldn't be too surprised if Johnny Weir shows up on the list, but hopefully he keeps his Evan bashing to himself.

I missed Karina slightly last season, but when I saw her in a pro dance, I changed my mind. If it meant her being paired with Weir, or making it awkward for Maks, then she can sit on the sidelines again. I really don't think there's any guarantee she'll be back, or any of the other pros. I do think we might see another new face on the line up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3986090;
    Louie Vito was actually considered for season 7, but they ended up going with Misty Treanor since she won gold. Makes me wonder who they would have paired him with, because none of the female pros that season would have matched his height. Glad he got on when he did. I know Florence Henderson has been wanting to do the show forever. She used to be a regular fixture in the audience, then she wasn't, and now she kind of is again. Cloris Leachman said she tried 3 times before cussing her way through the interview and getting cast. Belinda Carlilse was supposed to be Tony's original partner in season 6 (or at least part of season 6), but she didn't show up until season 8. And Holly Madison lucked out when Jewel got injured, because she, too, had been trying to do the show but they get turning her down. Mike Greenberg on ESPN has mentioned wanting to do the show, but I doubt they'll go with him so soon after Erin.
    Thanks! That reminds me... will Jewel and Nancy ever get their chance?

Also, I'm thinking one person from The Hills is coming on. Lauren Conrad would be the best choice, but I don't think she'll do it. I would be happy with Audrina. Wouldn't want Brody or Speidi on... actually, Speidi would being the laughs. But I still hate them.

I don't think Landon will do it. He seems a bit busy nowadays. If they want to go for a soccer star, I would go for Tim Howard or Clint Dempsey.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3986246;
    Still worried there might be some truth to Tiger Wood's mistress being cast but I guess if they want to for the 'it' people they'd go for Mel Gibson's ex. I know Sig Hanson of The Deadliest Catch is campaigning to be on, so given what happened on that show recently with a member dying that might be a story line for him to get cast. I wouldn't be too surprised if Johnny Weir shows up on the list, but hopefully he keeps his Evan bashing to himself.

I missed Karina slightly last season, but when I saw her in a pro dance, I changed my mind. If it meant her being paired with Weir, or making it awkward for Maks, then she can sit on the sidelines again. I really don't think there's any guarantee she'll be back, or any of the other pros. I do think we might see another new face on the line up this season.
    I read a rumor somewhere else that Trump is looking to cast Tiger's mistress on Celebrity Apprentice; he can have her. (How the heck would they introduce her? They always say Actress, Reality star, etc...what exactly has she done...other than...well...let's just hope she goes with Trump!

I'm hoping they take a break from recycling Bachelor/ette people - I actually love Melissa and enjoyed her partnership with Tony but Jake was....

I would hope that they won't cast another skater so soon after Evan (not a fan of Johnny anyway). Lindsay Vonn might be a good choice for Olympian, since they like to have one on. Also wondering about T.O. - he was hanging out with the DWTS peeps at the ESPY's and he's not signed with a team for fall; being from Philly I'm not a fan, but whatever. They love their football players.

I didn't miss Karina's sourpuss face at all. So strange that her one appearance on the show was a rough day all around - Elisabeth Hasselbeck nonsense, Erin and Maks in bottom two and Karina on set, all on Erin's birthday. Ouch!

I don't know anything about Landon Donovan's personality, but he is some pretty good eye candy. I'm thinking he's going to be on as well. I would also love to see someone from the Hills, except Speidi. I think Audrina wanted to do it last season or the season before but the show (Hills) wouldn't let her, so now would be a great chance, for her or any of the others. Rachel what's her face...absolutely not. That may be the end of DWTS for me. I would honestly lose all respect if they cast that woman as a celebrity. As far as TO, he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be on the Superstars last summer, especially when he had to deal with Joanna's attitude. He might be okay. I'd rather see some old school well into retirement players though. Emmett was much more fun than any of the younger guys. I didn't watch Jerry's season, but I gather he was too.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I haven't watched The Hills in forever, so I don't really know Audrina. But as long as it's not Speidi I'm happy. That's just cruel to pair them with anyone. Even my least favorite pros! TO was reportedly just as egotistical behind the scenes of Superstars but given Joanna's glowing personality, I guess they figured they didn't have to showcase his bad side. I would have loved for those two to be on the same season together TO's well known, but I was hoping they'd take a break from casting someone from the NFL. I think he'd be a perfect Karina partner, and she hasn't had a footballer yet.

I read a rumor somewhere else that Trump is looking to cast Tiger's mistress on Celebrity Apprentice; he can have her. (How the heck would they introduce her? They always say Actress, Reality star, etc...what exactly has she done...other than...well...let's just hope she goes with Trump!

I'm hoping they take a break from recycling Bachelor/ette people - I actually love Melissa and enjoyed her partnership with Tony but Jake was....

I would hope that they won't cast another skater so soon after Evan (not a fan of Johnny anyway). Lindsay Vonn might be a good choice for Olympian, since they like to have one on. Also wondering about T.O. - he was hanging out with the DWTS peeps at the ESPY's and he's not signed with a team for fall; being from Philly I'm not a fan, but whatever. They love their football players.

I didn't miss Karina's sourpuss face at all. So strange that her one appearance on the show was a rough day all around - Elisabeth Hasselbeck nonsense, Erin and Maks in bottom two and Karina on set, all on Erin's birthday. Ouch!
    It wouldn't surprise me at all for Trump to cast someone like that. I would hope that DWTS has more class. Because you're right, how do they introduce her? Homewrecking skank probably won't do. And since I don't 100% trust the show's voting process, I would like to think she'd be the first one gone but I don't think they'd let that investment go that soon. Lindsay Vonn is a good pick. Bode Miller, another Superstars alumni, or Brandi Chastain would be good choices and they'd fill the Olympian slot. Evan seemed to put himself in a new light this past season, and many thought he got screwed out of winning. So casting the already polarizing Weir who can't stand him probably won't do him any favors.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dobby24;3986356;
    I would hope that they won't cast another skater so soon after Evan (not a fan of Johnny anyway).
    I love Johnny Weir, but I agree with you about casting another skater, especially since Evan made it so far last year. I'd love to see Johnny on the show, just not this season. Johnny announced that he's taking the 2010-2011 competitive season off to concentrate on other things. I hope DWTS isn't one of them.

It would be so fun to have Johnny Weir on the show he has such a unique sense of humor. Another great choice would be Adam Lambert (he would never do it) but just seeing him in the costumes & makeup & he looks like he can dance. They need to stay away from the nut cases & pick fun people.

FORT Regular

I'd love to see them branch away to other pro sports...seems like they are stuck on football. Why not a hockey player or a baseball player? Basketball didn't work out so well...they height was a definite disadvantage for Clyde - even if they brought back Anna Demidova (I think the tallest female pro) it would be a stretch. (Pardon the pun.)

I liked the variety in the cast last season, so really hoping to see something similar. I keep thinking Amanda Bynes would be a great choice - she recently said that she's quitting acting, but I think it's because she's having a tough time switching to more adult roles. She seems to really have a good head on her shoulders (no Britney/Lilo antics). Also wouldn't mind seeing Nicole Richie not sure why, I just like that she's put the party girl days behind her and learned from her mistakes. Maybe they can borrow a few more from TLC - I love, love, love Clinton and Stacy from What Not to Wear - would be so funny to have their spin on the costumes. Or how about Chef Duff from Ace of Cakes on Food Network? Very goofy, funny and down to earth.

I think they need to come here and check out our suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread