+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

FORT Regular

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Sorry, I should have clarified my remarks about Tony. I was surprised that he was in the middle of the pack and just a little above Karina.

And they did bring back Ashly, a pro not seen since season 3, over Kym, Lacey, and Karina, and added Damian, a newbie over the popular Dmitry and semi-regulars Jonathan and Alec. I never would have have guessed some of those pros would have gotten sacked.
    It was nice to see Ashly again. She seems like such a sweetheart. Apparently Maks got some angry Tweets when the cast list was announced, blaming him for Karina, Dmitry and even Lacey not being on this season. He seemed pretty angry about it and was quick to deny it. I can believe, though, that something might have been worked out with production about he and Karina not being on the same season. The other missing pros all danced multiple times in season 10, but Karina was only on once. (I wonder how tense that was??)

[QUOTE][I guess we know who Derek would get, then./QUOTE]

Derek or Mark. She is teeny-tiny (with both women in heels she still only came up to Cat Deeley's shoulder.) I re-watched her performance on SYTYCD and she held her own backed up by six of the allstars. But, she seems to be down-to-earth and very likeable, which many of the ringers have not.

Also, Kate requested Maks but got Tony instead.
    Didn't know that. Wow. Now that would have been a complete trainwreck.

I really hope that DWTS stays away from any Bachelor/ette retreads. I don't want to see Ali, Vienna, Tenley, or Roberto. Can't these people just go away when their fifteen minutes is up?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Take it for what it's worth:

Cheryl Cole asks US dancer Derek Hough to live with her - Celeb News - Celebs + TV - People.co.uk

Derek has signed a lucrative deal to star in the next series of Strictly as a solo dancer. He will spend at least six months in the UK with Cheryl, who will be appearing in the new X Factor series.
    The article's more lengthly than this, but this was the only point about Derek potentially being MIA from DWTS next season. Not sure if I believe it, as I don't know why Derek would leave being an actual pro here to being a filler performer there (they already announced their pro line up), and Len said despite the rumors of Strictly wanting Derek as a pro, he knew nothing about it. And besides, I'm not that lucky

FORT Fogey

I haven't watched the past two seasons - couldn't stomach Donny Osmond or Tom DeLay, Samantha blithering and Karina's antics were getting too much for me, and last year anything with Kate or Jake was just not going to fly, so am sorry I missed Ashly's return!! I used to love DWTS, but the stars they brought in were just not entertainment to me. I wanted to watch some (Melissa Hart and a few others), but not enough to overcome the others. It seemed like only a few really had a chance from the get-go, and judges scoring was ridiculous...I like the SYTYCD and AI better where they give opinions but no scores that overpower the audience.

My favs - Louie, Max, Ashly, Edyta and Chelsea

BP has wrecked us stayathomemom's Avatar

Don't really want to see Karina again at all.
    BP please stop this mess!

Some more rumors for season 11:

EXCLUSIVE! ?DWTS? Is Desperately Seeking Landon Donovan! Hollywood Life

After becoming an American hero during the World Cup, this soccer stud is in hot demand!
    Given that his team was knocked out of the World Cup this Saturday and a British tabloid plans on running a story about his ‘secret love child’, Landon Donovan is in dire need of some good news. It’s a good thing HollywoodLife.com always aims to please: we can report that the American soccer stud is about to be made an offer from Dancing with the Stars producers to appear on the hit ABC show next season!

“We want Landon to be on the show,” a DWTS insider tells us exclusively. “After that miracle goal [against Algeria June 23], he instantly thrust himself into America’s hearts. We will be contacting him in the very near future.”

Adds the source of the 28-year-old baller, “Plus, he’s hot. He’ll look pretty sexy in some of the outfits that will be made for him. Consider us officially crossing our fingers. He’d be a perfect fit for the show!”

It IS possible that Landon might take the gig. His team, the L.A. Galaxy, plays in the same city DWTS is filmed. Although his games continue through October, his matches don’t conflict with the show’s Sept. 20 premiere or Monday and Tuesday airdates.

Personally, we’d love to see Landon’s fancy footwork off the soccer field! How about you?
    And Derek and his latest love interest may follow in the footsteps of his little sister and her now ex-boyfriend:

Cheryl Cole being lined for Dancing with the Stars with Derek Hough - mirror.co.uk

Cheryl Cole being lined for Dancing with the Stars with Derek Hough
    By Sarah Tetteh 30/06/2010

Cheryl Cole is being lined up for a sizzling new double act with dancer pal Derek Hough on US TV’s Dancing with the Stars.

The singer’s team has been informally approached by ABC network bosses who believe Cheryl and Derek would make an explosive duo.

They were keen to sign her up for the autumn series of the show but such a commitment would clash with her work on X Factor.

So instead they’ve sounded out her representatives about starring as one of the celebrity dancers in the series starting in March 2011 with the final in May.

A source said: “Her US team think it will be a great move for her and increase her profile stateside. Partnering her with Derek too would be a masterstroke and they want her to give it serious thought.

“Derek danced with Cheryl on her recent tour and enjoyed a sultry ballroom dance in her Parachute video so the chemistry is certainly right.”

Cheryl recently returned from a romantic holiday in Tanzania with Derek, 25, and is now taking part in X Factor auditions.
    We'd probably see Derek lovefests from the judges like we've never seen with every other partner he's had I don't think I could stomach it, especially if he winds up taking this season off.

And Gordan Ramsey, Leslie Jordan, and WWE Diva Shelly Martinez want to do the show. I guess it's the new thing, campaign and get your fans rallying behind you, start facebook groups and petitions already dedicated to your stint on the show. It worked for Betty White getting on SNL.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-29-2010 at 09:13 PM.

FORT Regular

Landon Donovan could be good...he's cute and I bet he has amazing footwork.

I really hope they don't go with Derek's girlfriend as his partner. I didn't like it when Julianne did it with Chuck Wicks.

I don't really mind dancers being paired with their significant other IF THEY ARE AMATUERS. Did I read that post correctly? She already knows how to dance, has even already danced with Derek in a "sultry tango"? How could they ever possibly not spin that as blatantly unfair to the other pros/celebs? I don't understand how ABC could get away with it. If they do that the first episode of that season will be the last I ever watch, and that ticks me off because I LOVE DWTS.

Idiot producers.
    :nono

FORT Newbie

i think if she has dance experience in ballroom it would be an unfair advantage. i thought Nicole had a huge unfair advantage last season but i think Cheryl Cole would have a bigger one considering she already danced with derek ballroom and that she has that chemistry already. i do not know why they keep giving Derek partners that he knows he'll go far with and leave other pros like Edyta with horrible partners that no one can bear to see them dance

CHERYL Cole’s dancer pal Derek Hough to appear on Strictly Come Dancing | The Sun |Showbiz|TV|Strictly Come Dancing

Nothing new in the Derek/SCD/DWTS triangle, just that now it's reported he'll dance for a special on Strictly, but the article mentions his commitments on DWTS and that's why he was unable to be an actual pro on the series. So I wonder if he will be back in the fall or if they just wouldn't allow him out of his contract Either way, I'm counting on him, Mark, or Julianne if she's back to win next season. One of them will be the third. Given the spoilers and the fact that some pros are campaigning pretty hard, along with celebs, to get on, I'm not expecting this to be a good follow up to season 10.

Jersey Shore's Mike "The Situation" apparently said he wanted to do the show and hints he may have signed up for it. I watched about 5 minutes of that show, so I hope this is false. But I could see the show thinking his inclusion if a good idea. The Situation, a full blooded anti-Jersey Shore Italian, Johnny Weir, and one of Hollywood's biggest anti-fur activists? They'd go for the drama.
    Last edited by karalott; 07-13-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3980429;
    CHERYL Cole’s dancer pal Derek Hough to appear on Strictly Come Dancing | The Sun |Showbiz|TV|Strictly Come Dancing

Nothing new in the Derek/SCD/DWTS triangle, just that now it's reported he'll dance for a special on Strictly, but the article mentions his commitments on DWTS and that's why he was unable to be an actual pro on the series. So I wonder if he will be back in the fall or if they just wouldn't allow him out of his contract Either way, I'm counting on him, Mark, or Julianne if she's back to win next season. One of them will be the third. Given the spoilers and the fact that some pros are campaigning pretty hard, along with celebs, to get on, I'm not expecting this to be a good follow up to season 10.

Jersey Shore's Mike "The Situation" apparently said he wanted to do the show and hints he may have signed up for it. I watched about 5 minutes of that show, so I hope this is false. But I could see the show thinking his inclusion if a good idea. The Situation, a full blooded anti-Jersey Shore Italian, Johnny Weir, and one of Hollywood's biggest anti-fur activists? They'd go for the drama.
    I still think its true he will not come to the show this season too many reports say that he want to stay near By cheryl as she is still very sick
    But I am counting on some new pros
    Roberto Martinez You are A Candy to my eyes
    Team Roberto

+ Reply to Thread