+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4048867;
    I consider Mark like the Screech of the Ballas brat pack.
    I haven't checked out this thread in a long time but I just was glancing through some back pages and had to tell Kara that this one had me ROTFL! Thanks, as always, for keeping us informed about DWTS with your excellent news and analysis, Kara!

I wouldn't mind seeing Bristol Palin. She's much more tolerable than her mother and the Hoff might be entertaining if he ends up being on the show.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4049902;
    E! is reporting that Derek is going to be paired with Jennifer Gray, which figures that the one season he has a partner that might take him out early, everyone else looks like they're going to be a trainwreck on the dance floor or really unlikeable. Looks like we're in for the long haul with Derek again (but good news for Derek fans). .
    karalott - and everyone else - thanks for the spoilers along the way!

about the bolded: ??? She did all her own ballroom dancing in Dirty Dancing! Again - how can someone like this be on a "stars learning to dance" show - and I use the "stars" term very, very loosely? I'm not a Derek fan, and I wish they'd paired her with someone else! I think she'll have a chance at winning. She's already learned from some of the best - Kenny Ortega and the late Patrick Swayze for example! I like her - but "has to learn to be a dancer"??

OH, COME ON!!!!!

The Rick Fox casting might explain why he was in the audience twice last season, right? Do celebrities who attend to watch then tell their managers they want to do the show, or does the show contact them and tell them to come see what they think?
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

You're welcome!

Dirty Dancing was 22 years ago. I never realized Jennifer's dad was a hoofer, but I'll wait and see how good she is before I judge. All I can say is that if she winds up being what Nicole will look like 30 years from now: lather, rinse, repeat. Tony gets an early first out clunker, Mark and Derek get the ringers, the people who were cast for publicity go further than expected because the show can't have stunt casting backfire on them and have to justify casting Michelle McGee next season. Lacey will bring her usual better than everyone, I'm a rebel but can't take the flack, attitude, Karina brings the pout, and Corky will be a dirty old perv who hopefully gets slapped by Florence. Haven't we seen this before?

If the Situation is cast, doesn't seem like he'll be able to devote much time to the show. I don't know if I can post the link, but the article I read mentioned he can't officially start rehearsing until September 8th, 12 days before the premiere (and they all have two dances to do before the first elimination). It said the other couples don't start until Monday. Maybe they just met this weekend for pre-show pictures and to see if any pros would run for the hills when they found out who they were partnered with I'm sad Jonathan is out again this season, but maybe he dodged a bullet again.

So it sounds like for locks, I'm going with Brandy, David, Audrina, the Situation, Florence, Jennifer, Kurt, and Bristol. So we're missing 4 if the other names rumored or allegedly confirmed turn out false.

Quote Originally Posted by napkinlad;4050750;
    I really hope the Hoff aint on. I just dont. im not a big fan of his. Also I hope Florence isnt on. Not that I dont like her, I just dont want her on this show. Same goes for Margeret Cho
    ITA and add Bristol Palin to the list.

karalott, I think you're right about Michael Bolton likely not being on. I didn't even think to check his tour schedule. He has a show on the following DWTS nights: Sept. 28th (results show), Oct. 4th (performance), and Oct. 12th (results). He has another one on Monday, Nov. 15th as well, if the show is still on at that point (I'm not aware of the S11 finale date).

Unless he's anticipating an early boot, I'd think he would have rescheduled at least the 28th and 4th shows if he is doing DWTS. This isn't a situation like Evan where he is one of many performers. SOI show could go on without Evan. But a Michael Bolton concert obviously can't go on without Michael Bolton.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4051118;
    karalott, I think you're right about Michael Bolton likely not being on. I didn't even think to check his tour schedule. He has a show on the following DWTS nights: Sept. 28th (results show), Oct. 4th (performance), and Oct. 12th (results). He has another one on Monday, Nov. 15th as well, if the show is still on at that point (I'm not aware of the S11 finale date).

Unless he's anticipating an early boot, I'd think he would have rescheduled at least the 28th and 4th shows if he is doing DWTS. This isn't a situation like Evan where he is one of many performers. SOI show could go on without Evan. But a Michael Bolton concert obviously can't go on without Michael Bolton.
    Well, it could I suppose, but I don't think people would be happy watching pre-taped performances or listening to a Michael Bolton impersonator lip sync I could see him missing the results show nights, as it's basically moral support for him and his partner to be there, but I don't see how he could avoid performance nights. Unless they pre-taped that. That just seems like too much trouble, but I wouldn't put it past this show.

The S11 finale date will probably be during sweeps week in November, which I think is Thanksgiving week. It'll probably be around that time frame. The premiere is Sept. 20th, with a performance show both the 20th and Tues the 21st. The following week all the couples perform a second dance and the first elimination happens. I haven't heard whether it will be a double boot or not, but there are 12 couples.

Jennifer Gray and Florence were rumored before, so I won't be entirely surprised if that's all a hoax, but somehow I think it'll be true. I swear the thought of Derek/Jennifer makes me want to I'm already dreading how many times this season we'll hear 'nobody puts Baby in a corner' (why do I think the judges will be the first to make that remark?), or how many songs from Dirty Dancing we'll hear, or if they go for it and re-enact the DD end bit. One more day and then we'll know whether we really need to worry

FORT Newbie

Speaking of Bristle, saw a poll which asked if you would be more likely or less likely to watch if she was on DWTS.......more likely - 24.83% & less likely - 75.17%. Having watched the Palin train wreck for the last 2 years, the results are not the least bit surprising and I voted less likely along with the overwhelming majority. She couldn't even get a reality show, because she's got the personality of a doorknob. Haven't made up my mind whether I'll watch or not. The first 2 seasons were fun, but the show has gone steadily down hill since then. Last season was a and the cast for this season looks even worse. Maybe I'll watch after the Bristle is kicked off.
    Last edited by twinkietoz; 08-29-2010 at 04:51 AM.

Craig R, a former contestant on Ali's Bachelorette season, tweeted a few days ago that he knew the cast of DWTS and two of their names rhymed with
    theyearofelan and Shmichael Shmordan. That sounded like Sarah Palin and Michael Jordan. Could it be Michael Jordan instead of Michael Bolton? I think Bristol Palin will be one of the contestants, but with all the scheduling conflicts of Michael Bolton with dwts shows, I'm doubting he will be on. Has Michael Jordan's name ever been mentioned as a possibility?

I saw a rumor of Michael Bolton and Nicholette Sheridan - may fit that....
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Geez. Every season they seem to ramp it up with a cast to make our skin crawl. Well, The Bachelor/ette and Big Brother are the kings of that, but this is kind of the Celeb cast version of that.

I don't have access to ENOUGH "Puke" emoticons for Bristol Palin. But this "The Situation" person? However many I'd need for Lil' Palin, I'd probably need double for him.

And to be honest, Michael Bolton doesn't rate much better with me. The guy always kind of creeped me out.

David Hasselhoff... I'm floored by that one. I mean like Bolton he's just this... gross guy who people used to fool themselves into thinking was "sexy". And Margaret Cho? I appreciate the built-in LGBT audience she has, and hope I'm sensitive to what she means to them, but personally I find her unfunny and kind of irritating.

Audrina Patridge is another one I've seen close to confirmed. It could be worse--it could be Heidi or Spencer--but its still pretty gross.

And Jennifer Grey? Lord, I wish she had something better to do.

The frequently rumored Florence Henderson wouldn't help much either. I love her in a way, but at the same time NONE of these "old lady/old guy" contestants EVER pans out to be more than an irritating novelty.

Kurt Warner might be interesting, if that's true--but I kind of give a pass to pro athletes going on this show, because even if they are retired, their careers rarely depend on it and so it doesn't have any stink of desperation. Plus, by most objective scales, they're usually the biggest "stars" on the show in most seasons (versus people like Bristol Palin, who in actuality are more "notorious" than anything else).

Nicholette Sheridan is a new one on me. Hadn't seen that one yet. In a way, she's kind of the perfect candidate for this show. Famous, but not TOO famous. Past her prime, but not ridiculously past it. An admitted attention seeker, but at least with some actual talent to back it up (I think she's got good comic timing, and her stint on Desperate Housewives worked best when they gave her comedy to do).
    Last edited by Krom; 08-29-2010 at 06:26 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread