+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl;4048699;
    Exclusive: Bristol Palin Is Coming to Dancing With the Stars

Exclusive: Bristol Palin Is Coming to Dancing With the Stars - E! Online
    Oh lord. The definition of "star" has definitely been perverted by this show already. If this is true we'll have to put up with gratuitous shots of Sarah Palin in the front row. If that starts happening I hope one night Tina Fey comes dressed as Sarah. Now that would be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl;4048699;
    Exclusive: Bristol Palin Is Coming to Dancing With the Stars

Exclusive: Bristol Palin Is Coming to Dancing With the Stars - E! Online
    Well, that does it, I'm not watching.

See you in the spring!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4048718;
    Well, that does it, I'm not watching.

See you in the spring!
    I think I may just join you. Between Maks potentially being paired with Kirstie, the thought of a Ballas brat winning again, and having to endure Cheryl, Lacey, and Karina, along with the cast looking like a complete bore (and adding in there The Situation, Audrina, and now Bristol)-well, they don't care if people tune in because it's so bad. They want the ratings. I hope this backfires. They're going a little too far. Here's hoping that the names rumored so far are all rumors. *Sigh* How I long for the seasons before Derek, Mark, and Lacey joined, and when it was more about the dancing rather than the flash and trash, and that the worst celeb casting they had was Heather Mills. The show's making a mockery of itself.

Gotta love it though. She blasted Levi for being too in love with fame rather than supporting their son. It's not like she needs the money.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-26-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Bristol doesn't bug me. I don't see her as a "star", but she doesn't annoy me in the least, so I'm actually okay with this casting if it's true. The Situation, on the other hand, now that is a completely different bowl of worms.

But hey Karalott, if that article is true, you won't have to worry about Maks getting stuck with Kirstie, because she won't be there!

I am worried about Bristol getting paired with Derek or Mark, as I am with Audrina Patridge. If any female "celeb" I like gets paired with one of those two I'll be upset. More so if it's Derek though. I might be able to force myself to root for Mark. Never Derek.

Latest info is that Kirstie is not a contestant. She quelled the rumor via Twitter.

I'd cringe at the Derek/Bristol rumor, just because she's going to be stunt casting at it's worse, and going nowhere fast, no matter how she dances. Pairing her with the golden child will make it unbearable. For the record, I actually like Sarah Palin Bristol doesn't bother me, it's the stunt casting that does. She'll do no wrong and they'll have to override the viewer vote if it means keeping her around.

Kirstie was said to have signed on the dotted line, so she's either being coy, or a lot of these other officially confirmed contestants are false. Hope Maks get someone that can get him the mirror ball.

Looks like it's true, as her inclusion is already posted on ABC's news site.

And to think that she / Sarah claimed that Levi was the "fame wh*re".
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'll believe it when it's official. But this is probably the "big name" Melissa Rycroft was talking about. Only thing that would be the icing on the cake would be casting Vienna 'I dumped my famewhore fiance Jake, but I want a normal life out of the spotlight' Girardi.

Is it March yet? This season is going too far into the tabloid trash and older contestants. It'll get ratings, sadly, but I can't believe any chatter will be good.

Sounds like Mark is officially back. His latest tweet reads 'just got some pretty cool news ' I think I could handle a Bristol/Derek pairing better than a Mark/Bristol. Why can't those two go pursue their other endeavors like Julianne (the one of the 3 I wish would come back).

I'd put money on the fact that she'll be with one of the two. I'm not sure about their heights, but I just can't see her getting paired with anyone else. I just despise Derek's "golden boy" attitude. You can always see it bubbling underneath the surface. He tries to hide it, oh yes, but that kid is more into himself than anybody I have ever seen.

Mark on the other hand, annoys the ever loving crap out of me with his goofy faces while he's dancing. Other than that, I can tolerate him. At least when he does well he seems genuinely grateful instead of that it's his rightful place. Plus, he has had partners like Melissa Joan Hart and Shannen last year, and I love them both and am HUGE fans, but they were harder to teach than anyone Derek has ever been paired with. Oh, and not to mention Kim Kardashian.

I consider Mark like the Screech of the Ballas brat pack. Derek seems to think those 3 make this show and that it wouldn't be anything without them. His ego is bigger than the studio, and while I enjoy his dancing, his choreography is old. It doesn't help that the judges seem to glance over any flaw and ignore gimmicks he pulls, but if someone else does it, they get chewed out big time. I accepted Mark's wins (Kristi could have won as a one woman act), and Julianne's wins were well earned, though I still consider Mel my season 5 winner. I feel like Derek's wins got handed to him by the producers. His sister and BFF have 2 trophies, so gotta make him happy and give him his two. Who wouldn't want him as a partner? He does no wrong by the judges. And when he does stil gets a 9. Mark is annoying on many levels. I consider watching him like a failed cloning experiment. Season 5 had the best line up of pros, except I'd substitute in Louis and anyone else for Derek and Mark, and Chelsie for Karina or Cheryl. This show's gone downhill since. Season 8 was the last season I really enjoyed and had any amount of suspense to it.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-26-2010 at 05:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread