+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

How many celebs are scheduled to be on this season? I am curious to see if Kim, Dmitry, Karina, and Lacey are all back this season. I can't see them sitting out for two in a row. And my Chels better be back. lol I am hoping Tony gets the ringer after Kate last season. Chels deserves a break after Jake too.

What big ringers are being discussed? I hope there isn't another Nicole this season. Let's have them a little more on neutral territory to start. No Carmen Electra, no Paula Abdul, and no Jacksons. Pls. If Kurt is on I see him going pretty far even if he isn't that good. Landon should have good feet but not as sure of his fan base being strong after recent controversy. I've also heard rumors of Nastia the skater and a jockey. I hope Tony gets Nastia if true but could do without a skater this season even though I like her.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Online things are even I'd say between the Derek love and hate. I'm in the middle, just really, really tired of the butt kissing and always lucking out. Nastia's on the shorter side so she'd probably go to Derek or Mark by default, but Louis also needs a short partner, and if Damian were back he could partner her.

Chad has sort of confirmed Kurt. Hope he gets a good pro. Too bad he's too tall for Chelsie Only ringer that I guess is being rumored is Derek's flame, Cheryl Cole, and probably Johnny Weir would fit in that category. The pros and celebs more or less made it clear they weren't happy with the way last season went. We'll be finding out next Friday what pros are coming back (assuming they're allowed to say). Sig Hansen has said recently he wouldn't be doing this season, so maybe he got bumped for some other reality show people. I heard Nikki Blonsky (ABC Family show Huge and Hairspray the movie) was going to be on this season.

I doubt they'd sit Dmitry, Karina, Lacey, and Kym out again, but it's possible. Jonathan, Alec, Louis, and Anna T. have all sat out more than one season, and poor Ashly Costa's been trying to come back since season 3. Of the four I just want Kym back.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-13-2010 at 07:33 PM.

I do think Kurt is a lock. I've heard about Nikki too. I wonder who she will get. I hope it isn't Tony. I also think the Ryan O'Neal rumor could be true. Kurt is a little too tall and a tad old for Chelsie. I guess if Lacey isn't back she could get The Situation but that's not my ideal choice. I think a female jockey has come up too. Not sure how short they are but they would need a short partner.

I like Ashley too and always liked Kym. I am a big fan of Dmitry from SYTYCD and I like Lacey but I don't think she show does that much so wouldn't be shocked to not see her on it although if The Situation is on they'd match well. Does Alex want in this season? I think Louis will be back but Jonathan and Anna are usually up in the air. I always liked Anna and he's nice too but he bores me a little. Will Karina come back if Maks is on? Is Edyta working on getting pregnant and sitting out this season?

It's hard to say where the pros are concerned. Julianne's probably the only one 100% officially not coming back, unless she works it into her Footloose filming schedule. If Nikki's on, she's on the shorter side, so she'd probably be a Mark/Derek/Louis partner, though Derek will probably get Nastia (since Mark's had two Olympians), and Louis will get the clunker I don't mind Dmitry, just find him on the boring side, but I'd rather see him return than a few others. I don't know how many are being cast this season, but since the premiere is two nights, I'm guessing it might be more than 11. Some of these I'd have to see to believe, and I really, really hope the rumors about any Jersey Shore people being on are 100% false. I know that show is a cult status hit or whatever, but I find those people repulsive to the very core, and know that whoever got on wouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon. Since I don't like Lacey, that'd be a little too much for me. And CA and Bruno would eat it all up.

No other pro has indicated that they wouldn't be back, some have just said they'll be finding out third week of August. I wouldn't mind seeing Kurt with Kym or Edyta. I know she's not everyone's favorite, but I adore her and think they'd be a good pair. Besides, she's certainly done well with football players, even taking LT a little further than I thought she would. Just a guess, but I think Derek, Mark, and Maks are probably locks, and I don't think Maks being there would stop Karina from wanting to return (or vice versa). Being on the sidelines I think was a shock to her last season, and she's posted on her twitter about hoping to return.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4036651;
    How many celebs are scheduled to be on this season? I am curious to see if Kim, Dmitry, Karina, and Lacey are all back this season. I can't see them sitting out for two in a row. And my Chels better be back. lol I am hoping Tony gets the ringer after Kate last season. Chels deserves a break after Jake too.

What big ringers are being discussed? I hope there isn't another Nicole this season. Let's have them a little more on neutral territory to start. No Carmen Electra, no Paula Abdul, and no Jacksons. Pls. If Kurt is on I see him going pretty far even if he isn't that good. Landon should have good feet but not as sure of his fan base being strong after recent controversy. I've also heard rumors of Nastia the skater and a jockey. I hope Tony gets Nastia if true but could do without a skater this season even though I like her.
    Wait, what recent controversy with Landon? lol, I must have been under a rock or something.

And I loved Nastia during Beijing! I hope she's on and that she gets Louis.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Landon supposedly fathered a baby with a British woman out of wedlock and I guess the dates are iffy in regards to his separation with his wife or something along that line. I don't know if he has confirmed it's his or if a DNA test will be needed but I do know this was a big story a few months ago. I believe he may want to or has reconciled with the wife he was separated from. She's a pretty actress from a CBS show. Someone else prob has more details and can explain better.
    Last edited by ChelsieFan; 08-14-2010 at 03:41 AM.

I wouldn't mind Louis getting Nastia but I would prefer Tony did after Kate last season. They better not have him sit out unless he requests it or I will be livid. He deserves to dance and get a ringer this season. I don't watch Jersey Shore and the little I know of them doesn't seem great. I could however see this show going there with one of them so I won't be shocked if that happens.

Nikki is very short and she's very heavy. She's not in the chunky zone either so lifts could be out. She can however dance and she's adorable but I think her partner could be at a choreography disadvantage. If Derek gets Nastia the other celebs should just quit. Enough already. He deserves the clunker this year. I like Edyta and I'm fine with her getting Kurt. I think we will have 12 or 13 this season.

Since the show has evened out the male to female ratio of winners with Nicole's win last season, do we think they'll try to go with a male winner this season? or is it anyone's game? Nicole was the winner from day 1 last season, so I'm intrigued to figure out who the show might push as the F1 from the gate.

As for Maks and Karina, maybe they've moved passed their animosity. It did seem like last season was a gift to Maks. He had a decent partner, made it to the finals, and Karina was nowhere to be found except for week 7's performance. Of these two, I see it being Maks' turn to sit out if Karina wants to return. He hasn't mentioned NOT being on the season, but the guy sure has been busy with other choreography engagements and performances since the show wrapped. With his business booming and plans to expand nationally, he has reason to NOT take on this season. That being said, I think that Maks is a big pull for ratings.

Last season was my first season of watching the show, so I enjoyed all of those pros. It seemed like everyone really got along. Not too many egos.

As for celebs, I'm not sure how you top last season. There were some pretty big hitters last season. But, I'm sure that they know their people now. I am suspicious if Ali, the Bachelorette, won't end up on the show. She and her guy both express a love of dance. She is currently unemployed and going on job interviews. Interestingly, yesterday, she spent the day in LA which could have been for any number of reasons, one of which could be to meet with DWTS. As of last week, she said that they had not been asked to participate.

Can we not have any Bachelor/ette cast members on this show? It totally defeats the "Stars" part of "Dancing with the Stars," especially if you don't watch either show.

Plus, my teacher knows Ali personally. Well, her sister does (she was Ali's former roommate). The stories that she has told me about her don't paint Ali to be such a lovely girl.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4038136;
    Can we not have any Bachelor/ette cast members on this show? It totally defeats the "Stars" part of "Dancing with the Stars," especially if you don't watch either show.

Plus, my teacher knows Ali personally. Well, her sister does (she was Ali's former roommate). The stories that she has told me about her don't paint Ali to be such a lovely girl.
    So my first impression of her isn't too far off then I know a lot of people argue over the meaning of "stars" on this show, but I'd rather see them can reality show crossovers. It makes sense for ABC to pull crossovers from one of their successfull franchises, but I wish they'd give us someone who has a legit job in entertainment and not who's reality show hopping to stay in the limelight. At least it'll give me someone to root against, though with my luck she'll probably wind up with Maks.

Since the show has evened out the male to female ratio of winners with Nicole's win last season, do we think they'll try to go with a male winner this season? or is it anyone's game? Nicole was the winner from day 1 last season, so I'm intrigued to figure out who the show might push as the F1 from the gate.
    And evened out the ratio of athlete/non athlete winners. Since season 6, it's been really obvious either pre-show or by the second episode who the judges were behind and who they were looking to kick to the curb. You kind of started knowing midway through when and who they were getting ready to throw under the bus that they originally championed. I'm hoping for an unpredictable season where everyone's got a fair chance, gets fair scores (no overpadding), and that Bruno stays in his seat and CA gets over lifts. And maybe a new pro winner (wouldn't mind seeing Kym get a second trophy, though) and some new blood in the finals. But if Landon, Cheryl Cole, Ali, and Roberto are on, count on those 4 to be beloved by the judges/producers.

As for Maks and Karina, maybe they've moved passed their animosity. It did seem like last season was a gift to Maks. He had a decent partner, made it to the finals, and Karina was nowhere to be found except for week 7's performance. Of these two, I see it being Maks' turn to sit out if Karina wants to return. He hasn't mentioned NOT being on the season, but the guy sure has been busy with other choreography engagements and performances since the show wrapped. With his business booming and plans to expand nationally, he has reason to NOT take on this season. That being said, I think that Maks is a big pull for ratings.
    Even though Maks is polarizing, I do think there's more wiggle room for him than Karina. He is a bigger fan favorite of the two, and people (like me ) do notice when he's not there. I didn't believe the rumors that Maks and Karina said they wouldn't do a season if the other was there. I think both are bigger than that and wouldn't sacrifice a spot on the show just to be petty. I'm really glad she didn't get cast last season, because I think a lot of people would have jumped all over Maks's showmance with Erin and saying he was using her to rub it in Karina's face. Louis, Maks, Tony, and Cheryl have all said they hope to return, but they're it in terms of mentioning anything as to whether they want to or won't be. I did notice last season that a lot of the pros who spend their offseason doing dance related activities and appearances were the ones invited back. Probably a coincidence, but I wonder if the show ever takes that into consideration. The only two I really don't want to see are Lacey and Karina, but am fine with anyone else. Since season 5, Alec has only been on the fall editions, so maybe we'll be seeing him back.

+ Reply to Thread