+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Dancing With the Stars Season 11 (Fall) - Spoilers/Speculation

As long as someone other than Derek, Dmitry, Cheryl, Lacey, Karina, Julianne (if she's back) or Mark gets the ringer (because we know they'll be at least one) I can live with it. Hopefully someone with more of a personality than Mya or Nicole. But I'd still rather see someone with less dance experience than those 2. Even Mel and Sabrina had their kinks they had to work out. I don't want to see a 10 paddle the second week of the competition again.

Last year the cast was announced a month in advance, which is usually typical. For season 10, that was the only time I remember the cast being announced later than usual, but that was likely thanks to Jake and tying the announcement into TB finale (why Melissa was there I still can't figure out). Maks mentioned recently that the pros often suggest celebs they want to see do the show. It makes me wonder if they're careful with their picks, because they may suggest their dream partner, the celeb accepts, only to be partnered or ask for someone different. I've seen them usually announce celeb names that they probably know will never do the show even if pigs fly. The last two fall seasons have given us novelty dances that the pros and judges know nothing about and casting in the form of Tom Delay, Ashley Hamilton, Cloris Leachman, and Susan Lucci. Hopefully this fall redeems itself. And I really hope there's no more casting reality stars. That's what celeb reality shows are becoming, just a never ending circle for people to not have to go back to the real world because they can't last in Hollywood.

As for Tiger's homewrecker #1, I would have guessed fame, but I guess love is the less obvious word.

FORT Newbie

apparently NHL Star jeremy roenick was rumored to be on season 9 but got bumped for Tom Delay hopefully the will cast him for season 11

Misty May-Treanor was interviewed lately and would like to return to dancing. I would vote to see her return.

Misty May-Treanor: 'I Want to Go Back to Dancing' - That's Fit

heard an interview w/ Jennifer Love Hewitt where she was asked if she was being considered to be the next Bachelorette. She said no but that she would like to do DWTS. I think she would be fun to watch. Good partner for Tony!

Louis tweeted that the pros will be finding out the third week of August who's returning, and will meet their partners the last week of August (which is probably when the cast will be announced). Now we just need more spoilers. Looks like ABC is keeping a tight lid on it again, or it will be last minute bumping of certain contestants for others and celebs signing on at the last minute. Since they're having two nights of a live premiere, I wonder if we'll have a slightly bigger cast this season (12-13 instead of 11, and do the guys/girls night).

12 contestants would be good. I actually like even numbers between the sexes and kind of enjoy having the guys/girls night for the premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3996060;
    12 contestants would be good. I actually like even numbers between the sexes and kind of enjoy having the guys/girls night for the premiere.
    I've never understood the odd numbered seasons. What's the point, just cut a person and bump them to next season, or get another celeb. I don't think there's any shortage of people wanting to do the show. Of course, whether they're worthy or just tabloid reality trainwrecks looking to stay in the spotlight is another story I would think the cast announcement would be coming soon, in terms of when they're going to announce the cast. I'd rather see all the contestants on the same night, but don't mind the guys/girls (though why can't the girls go first for a change?) I hope the show doesn't have something planned where they have them dance 3 dances before going home. Obviously they're going to get to do two, which I think is how it should be. But season 9 felt a little strained with all the regular dances, group dances, team dances, marathon and relay dances. It really hurts the quality.

Landon Donovan recently told SI that he had not been approached to do the show, but didn't outright say he wouldn't do it. So since I love playing sleuth, that could mean he's already signed on and is tryin to deflect attention away. I guess depending on how often Cheryl is tweeting him could be a sign. I read somewhere from Evan last season he was already signed on before he even won his gold. Since soccer got more of a buzz from fans this year in the US, I bet we'll see someone from that sport.

I may be the only one, but, while I don't like the marathon and HATE the team dance, (it's is so unfair in judging) I'd like to see the return of the group dance. Just don't have them do something stupid. (Cloris and Susan will forever be etched in my mind.) I really enjoyed the jive and some of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3999661;
    I may be the only one, but, while I don't like the marathon
    You aint the only one. i was never fond of the marathon dances(alot of that has to do with derek winning, cant stand him)but i do enjoy the team dances on some level

I'd like the team dances if it wasn't so obvious who was going to win them, and if they weren't so lopsided. I wish the show would do more foxtrot's, quick step's, VWs for those types vs always settling for the paso, tango, and cha cha. Just for a change Season 7 was the worst season for team dances. Lance, Cody, and Susan should have just drawn a score rather than dance against Warren, Brooke, and Maurice. Season 8's was a little better. I liked this season that they had them dance the same dance, but I think they should have danced to the same song. Personally, I liked Team Madonna better, but they seemed to know they weren't going to come out on top. The marathon dances I don't like and are pointless. The couples admit they don't really even try or rehearse. As for the group dances, I hope they learned a lesson in trying to ever do a group hip hop again. I think that dance style should be banned from the show. Cloris, Corky, and Susan I loved season 2's salsa and VW and season 4's group swing (my all time favorite). I mostly love the rehearsal footage more than the actual dance. Season 8 when LT was asking if he could call Steve-O back, and Mark showing up with a cardboard cutout of Shawn since she couldn't make rehearsals. And season 2 when my love affair began with Anna, and when I didn't like Maks, when she threatened to walk all over his face if he didn't move out of the way. I miss those seasons Personally, I'd rather just see them dance their own individual dances. I don't like the dance off and hope we've see the last of that, don't like the ranking system vs scoring them on their own (because that, too, is obvious), and don't really like the team dances just because they've gotten predictable.

+ Reply to Thread