+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637

Thread: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Reading people's posts can be a pain sometimes. lol. So many complaints about unfairness of Nicole having the "experience" with dancing. Personally, I think the experience in dancing shouldn't be brought up... Everything is really fair when it comes to reality shows, especially when the public is being given chance to vote. The way I see it, Nicole has the advantage with the judges (perhaps less with Len the traditionally old-fashion dance father), but a bit lacking when it comes to the devoted DWTS viewers. However, Pussycat dolls has a LOT of fans (probably more that the usual DWTS viewer) who perhaps never watch the show and start watching because she's in the show and voted for her... I won't be surprise if she gets votes from fans who never even see her dance. lol. Nicole is also fortunate of having Derek as a partner. I don't really like this guy but I do think that he's a very good choreographer. Ever since his debut, he never failed to impress me with his choreography... Mark Ballas may have champion dancers as a father, but Derek seem to inherit Corky Ballas' talent. lol. Derek also have a lot of fans who would vote for Nicole and him.

Only An Opinion

I don't like Nicole or Derek. Nicole has some inner witch (evil diva) hidden within her that she never let surface. She's fake inside and outside. What I liked about past winners (not all but most) was that they all were truly humble and down to earth inside.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3915225;

Bolded part: Is that 6 wins between the 3 of them? Mark, Derek & Julianne?
    You got it. 6 wins, 5 in a row, and every spring win since season 4. Out of 10 seasons. This is why I say one when one wins, they all win. They make it out to be a win for the 3, not a win for themselves. I can assume that Derek himself can't help the show's favoritism over him, always pairing him with someone with potential and talent, the judges swooning over him like he taught them to dance that well, or how popular he is. But he's taking it to his head. This show isn't about the 3 of them, and in reality not supposed to have the pro be a factor in voting. Since Derek is very popular, I don't think it's fair they give him someone every season with staying power. Everyone knows how that'll end up. There's no excitement or mystery to his choreography, and when watching him and Nicole, no fun because you knew what was coming, at least from 2 of the judges. Everyone's had their share of duds, and he's overdue. I hope Mark doesn't get the designated ringer next season, because he's not the first to get two early outs. Maybe the show realize how controversial it is having them continually dominate so they figure might as well get viewers riled up every season That'd make a lot of sense, actually. If the show actually has pros alternate between seasons, it's only fair those 2 take their turn in sitting out. I cringe to think of having all 3 of them back again, and especially if they decide to bring Corky back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3915491;
    You got it. 6 wins, 5 in a row, and every spring win since season 4. Out of 10 seasons. This is why I say one when one wins, they all win. They make it out to be a win for the 3, not a win for themselves. I can assume that Derek himself can't help the show's favoritism over him, always pairing him with someone with potential and talent, the judges swooning over him like he taught them to dance that well, or how popular he is. But he's taking it to his head. This show isn't about the 3 of them, and in reality not supposed to have the pro be a factor in voting. Since Derek is very popular, I don't think it's fair they give him someone every season with staying power. Everyone knows how that'll end up. There's no excitement or mystery to his choreography, and when watching him and Nicole, no fun because you knew what was coming, at least from 2 of the judges. Everyone's had their share of duds, and he's overdue. I hope Mark doesn't get the designated ringer next season, because he's not the first to get two early outs. Maybe the show realize how controversial it is having them continually dominate so they figure might as well get viewers riled up every season That'd make a lot of sense, actually. If the show actually has pros alternate between seasons, it's only fair those 2 take their turn in sitting out. I cringe to think of having all 3 of them back again, and especially if they decide to bring Corky back as well.
    Oh no! Please, NOT Corky!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3915491;
    If you look at the stats, among the 3 of them, they have had 17 different partners. Mark has had 3 excellent dancers (Sabrina, Kristi and Shawn) and 3 "projects" (Kim K., Melissa Joan, and Shannen), Julianne has had 4 partners with potential (Apolo, Helio, Cody and Boyfriend) and one dud (Adam), and Derek has had 2 excellent dancers (Brooke and Nicole), 3 partners with potential (Jenny, Lil Kim and Joanna) and one "project" (Shannon). Overall, not a bad hand of cards to be dealt. I'm sure Tony or Jonathan would trade with them in a NY minute.

Another question for the vets: Is there anyone who could have beaten Nicole, one-on-one at the end? I know she would have won the other season I watched, so it's really the luck of the draw for the other contestants, isn't it?

I am kind of confused about the results show. I thought this was supposed to be America's Favorite Dancer where the voters get 50% of the decision? Have they always had the judges basically decide on the results show who wins the trophy? How does that jive with America's votes (which would have already been tabulated)? Can someone explain this to me?

+ Reply to Thread