+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Veg_out, pardon me for asking, but what is "Lysacek syndrome"? Does it have to do with something in the Olympics where Plushenko kept thinking that Evan shouldn't have won the gold because he was more artistic than technical?

Oh, and if Evan does perform on the tour (I know he may not due to scheduling conflicts) does anyone think he and Anna are going to get a heck of a lot more applause than Nicole and Derek? (Or if he can't perform and Anna has a second partner, does anyone feel the same way).

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDovolaniFan;3914978;
    I was also appalled at how they treated Evan in the finals. I felt so sorry for him & Anna. Granted his freestyle wasn't the greatest (although I loved it) giving it a 24 was crazy! I thought it deserved a lot higher.
    Scoring out of ten doesn't give the judges a lot of leeway.
    If Nicole gets 9's for her freestyle then 8's seems right for Evan (imo there was more than a one point gap between Evan and Nicole's freestyles).
    If they all judge one point lower he ends up three points lower, obviously.
    Twenty four seems low, but each individual judge awarding one less point than they gave Nicole doesn't seem out of whack to me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Is it wrong to wish that maybe next season, should the Hough/Ballas streak continue (and something tells me it will), that when the other rushes the stage to quickly hoist the winning triplet on their shoulders, they fall flat on their face and shatter the precious mirrorball? It'd serve them right. I get being excited for your friend. And if Alec did that for Edyta, or Jonathan for Anna, I probably wouldn't have as big of an issue because those 2/4 have it coming. And have had to deal with the clunky side of partners. But seriously, Derek and Nicole looked like two kids fighting over the trophy as she was on the ground and Derek was on top of Mark's shoulders holding it. I miss the more mellow celebration of Donny/Kym's win.

Nicole winning is clouded just like Brooke's win. They aren't the first two, nor the last, of people I didn't care to see win. But I could live with the others. However, I'm left wondering if Nicole wasn't handed the win by the judges and Evan's fan vote that might have snagged him the mirrorball weren't overrided. The ranking system sucks, they got a perfect 30 for their jive (the only perfect scores of the finale), there was Len's tacky comment, and 8 points seperating them, which I think is a DWTS first. And this is the first season they've had two dances for the judges to score. So congrats Nicole, even if I think you had an unfair advantage from day 1 and that you'd never do any wrong because of who your partner was. Derek, if the mirrorball is that important to you, take it.

I am not bitter about the results. I was rooting for Evan to come through, but in the end he was out-danced. I like Evan / Anna best as people, but that is not what the competition is about - it is a dance competition and in that arena Nicole / Derek won fair and square. I do get put off by Derek's behavior, especially his low class celebrations when he wins. Give me Donny's celebration any day.

I applaud Erin for the growth she had this season both as a person and a dancer. She has definitely come out of the experience a stronger and more confident person. She can hold her head high and be proud of what she put onstage in the dance category as well. In my mind that makes her the biggest winner of the season.

Evan also grew a lot in his ability to relate to people. He is more personable on camera than when he started. This will benefit him tremendously as a professional skater. This skill is crucial to long term success as a pro. I think he comes out a winner too.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3915038;
    I am not bitter about the results. I was rooting for Evan to come through, but in the end he was out-danced. I like Evan / Anna best as people, but that is not what the competition is about - it is a dance competition and in that arena Nicole / Derek won fair and square. I do get put off by Derek's behavior, especially his low class celebrations when he wins. Give me Donny's celebration any day.

I applaud Erin for the growth she had this season both as a person and a dancer. She has definitely come out of the experience a stronger and more confident person. She can hold her head high and be proud of what she put onstage in the dance category as well. In my mind that makes her the biggest winner of the season.

Evan also grew a lot in his ability to relate to people. He is more personable on camera than when he started. This will benefit him tremendously as a professional skater. This skill is crucial to long term success as a pro. I think he comes out a winner too.
    Actually, I hate to quibble, but as has been pointed out many times before, it isn't a dance competition. Tom even has said if you want to see a dance competition, watch PBS. They announce over and over again, vote for your favorite. Not vote for the best dancer.

I turned away before the winners were crowned last night, but do they each get a mirror ball? I thought in season 4 there was only one, for the celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3915098;
    I turned away before the winners were crowned last night, but do they each get a mirror ball? I thought in season 4 there was only one, for the celebrity.
    They only have one on show night but they each get one to take home.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3915106;
    They only have one on show night but they each get one to take home.
    Makes sense. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3914485;
    Well said. One other point that I really appreciated was that they all worked hard at improving. As CAI said about Nicole, she could have dialed this in but she didn't. In fact, the only one who dialed it in was Kate.

It was a great cast with great spirit!
    Actually, she had one of her kids dial it in for her, while she criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3914610;
    Today and last night just reenforces why Derek Hough is a narcissistic jerk. He kept reaching for the trophy even after he had it for the first few minutes. Than he and his sister have pictures on Twitter counting six wins between them. They are all so full of themselves if I never see another Hough or Ballas, I would be happy.

I remember back to Apolo's season and everyone wanting Apolo to date Julianne and how cute of a couple they would make. Well after seeing the Houghs longer in action, I am glad he passed on that one. Too full of themselves.

Bolded part: Is that 6 wins between the 3 of them? Mark, Derek & Julianne?

+ Reply to Thread