+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3914544;
    Did they deserve the win absolutely!! Do the viewers have to like that absolutely not.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3914530;
    I was just trying to explain why for some of us, we can acknowledge that yes, Nicole was the best dancer, but we are left cold by her winning. Derek can continue to be Derek all he wants; his "Derekness" never bothered me before; this season it did. Go figure.

If Britney Spears was an incredibly talented vocalist, your analogy would be more apt IMO. OTOH, I think that Christina Aguilera could probably be one hell of an opera singer with the proper training.
    Did anyone else listen to Nicole singing Opera in her package on Monday? She was actually credible. She has a good classical voice that has obviously been trained.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3914556;
    Precisely. Plus, had Nicole and Evan not been on the show Erin has quite enough dance experience under her belt to be considered a ringer.
    Luckily for her the storm over Nicole's inclusion and the incessant desire for her and Maks to be having a fling shielded her from that criticism.

I also don't think it was pre-determined that either Nicole would win or Evan and Nicole would be the top two.
    It would be pretty simple to get people to comment on any combination of the top three being the top two, compile different clips for whichever combination made it and then just run the right clips.
    I'm tempted to leave this dead horse alone, but comparing Erin's dance training and experience as a child and teenager ten years ago on a non-professional or competitive level (and I suspect her natural gawkiness would have prevented her from ever moving from amateur to professional status as a dancer had she even wanted to) to the "ringer" credentials of Nicole, Evan and past celebrities who bore that label is laughable IMHO.

FORT Newbie

I followed this season more than others and was not rooting for Nicole to win, as my thought is that she is a professional singer and dancer; why would she be the one to win? I think that her background gave her an unfair advantage. I thought the reason behind this show was to take people who had limited dance experience and see how they performed after being taught by a professional dancer.
    It was pretty disappointing that the winner was presumed, even before she got on the dance floor. How is that a competition, and how could Evan and Erin even compete with that?

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3914569;
    I'm tempted to leave this dead horse alone, but comparing Erin's dance training and experience as a child and teenager ten years ago on a non-professional or competitive level (and I suspect her natural gawkiness would have prevented her from ever moving from amateur to professional status as a dancer had she even wanted to) to the "ringer" credentials of Nicole, Evan and past celebrities who bore that label is laughable IMHO.
    Thanks so much for that response. If we are to remember, Jane Seymore had extensive ballet training when she was young. No one was calling her a ringer.
    A performer who uses dance in her act and is accustomed to learning choreography, not to mention who attended a performing arts school and studied movement there is too qualified to compete with the usual atheletes, actors and singers on the show. It isn't her fault she was given the offer to be on the show, (as my husband keeps reminding me,) but the show ruined the season for me by having her on it excelling from the very beginning. (And don't even get me started on the Gosselin witch and how she turned me off.)
    Evan and Anna, Erin and Maks, Pam and Damien, Chad and Cheryl were all fun to watch. (Even Neicy and Louis, though she got really old for me with the "jiggly part" routine.) I don't know if I want to sit through another finale where the judges blatantly manipulate the scores to get the winner they - or the network - wants. I'm just really bummed about how the season ended.

I so agree! lot's of little girls are put in dance class when they're young and I sure wouldn't call them "dancers" I took figure skating lessons when I was younger, and if I had to compete in a skating challenge today....trust me, you'd die laughing.... I figure skater I'm not, and would have no advantage over the next girl
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Today and last night just reenforces why Derek Hough is a narcissistic jerk. He kept reaching for the trophy even after he had it for the first few minutes. Than he and his sister have pictures on Twitter counting six wins between them. They are all so full of themselves if I never see another Hough or Ballas, I would be happy.

I remember back to Apolo's season and everyone wanting Apolo to date Julianne and how cute of a couple they would make. Well after seeing the Houghs longer in action, I am glad he passed on that one. Too full of themselves.

I didn't compare the two.
    I quite blatantly said had Evan and Nicole not been in the competition Erin has enough of a dance background to have then been considered the "ringer".

As far as I know, no one else had any dance experience this season, meaning outside of those two Erin had the most. If a ringer label was to be handed out by people this season Erin would have got it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3914611;
    I didn't compare the two.
    I quite blatantly said had Evan and Nicole not been in the competition Erin has enough of a dance background to have then been considered the "ringer".

As far as I know, no one else had any dance experience this season, meaning outside of those two Erin had the most. If a ringer label was to be handed out by people this season Erin would have got it.
    I agree that without Nicole and Evan in the cast, Erin would have had the most dance exposure in her background, even though IMO, it clearly isn't "enough" to be considered "ringer status".

Has there ever been a season where there was little to no ringer controversy? Or must somebody be a ringer every season, regardless of whether anyone merits it? Who was the ringer in season 7, when Brooke won?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3914651;
    I agree that without Nicole and Evan in the cast, Erin would have had the most dance exposure in her background, even though IMO, it clearly isn't "enough" to be considered "ringer status".

Has there ever been a season where there was little to no ringer controversy? Or must somebody be a ringer every season, regardless of whether anyone merits it? Who was the ringer in season 7, when Brooke won?
    AFAIK Brooke had no dancing background. She just turned out to be very talented in that area.

+ Reply to Thread