+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/25 Finale Pt 2 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3914131;
    I was praying for an Evan and Anna upset but I knew in my heart it wasn't going to happen. What was really crappy was not giving them a 30 on their last dance. It was great and they could have gone out perfect. They already knew they lost before they even stepped on the dance floor so why deprive them of the 30? That seemed classless of the judges.
    Kate dancing to I Will Survive was insane. Dear Lord...a trillion people out there would love to have running water and a meal and this ungrateful nitwit is on a show whining even now. Just go away already.

I can do without Derek for a season or two. I'm sure he'll come back to the winner of SYTYCD as his next partner. lol
    Or would a 30 have tipped it to Evan and Anna? I do agree that it was classless of Len and Bruno.

FORT Regular

Congratulations to Nicole and Derek. They were both incredible all season long!

Erin, Maks, Evan and Anna....Thank you for a wonderful season! I don't think I'd have committed my Mondays and Tuesdays these past 10 weeks if it weren't for you all! It's been a long time since I enjoyed a season as much. Fantastic!

Is it all rumors, or is there something real between Maks and Erin? He seems different this season, more carefree and happy.

I've always loved to watch Derek dance, love his choreography. But something about him this season was off to me,too. It really was like it was 'all about him'. I know he's a fun and silly guy, but I think he's got the big head from this show now. As good as Nicole was, I actually found myself bored when they danced. No surprises coming from them. I'd love to see him gone for a year, or else get a normal person who isn't practically a pro dancer as a partner next year. Let us see how good he really is.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3914135;
    If Mark and Julieanne are both there next season I have no doubt both will contend and go far. I wouldn't be shocked to see one of them win either,karalott so my money is on one of them being first 3 time winner and it happening sooner rather than later.

And while I'd love to see Tony get someone great and Chelsie have a turn with a real contender I doubt it will happen for either especially Chelsie with Julieanne coming back. Maks will be back to a clunker as will Anna next season.
    I'm guessing Dmitry will probably be back next season, as he's been the most visibile non-participating pro on the results show. Maybe the show has something against the older pros winning, but I bet he'll have a good one next season. Anna I wouldn't be surprised not see back, especially if Julianne, Karina, Lacey, and Kym return. I can only hope they boot Cheryl for a season or two. Losing Chelsie and Edyta won't be a big shock, either. My guess is Maks and Tony will be back, along with Derek, Mark, and Dmitry, and whoever the last poor soul is will probably get the designated first out (so I guess Jonathan). Derek and Mark's contracts are up at the end of the season, and there have been rumors our British counterpart is trying to convince some American dancers, and DWTS pros, to join their season for the fall. Derek was one of the ones mentioned. So they can take him, Lacey, Mark, and Karina. That'd make me happy. Mark will probably get a contender, too, since they figure hasn't had one since Shawn (poor thing). Like most people, I've never denied Derek isn't a good choreographer or dancer. But, he's never had anyone difficult to choreograph for, and no difficult partner that was a hopeless cause no matter what. He needs someone the judges can't sugarcoat because he's Derek. I believe, if they can move competently, the judges will go overboard. He's the issue in the equation for me. I loved having Anna and Maks in the finals again because it gave it a fresh feel. I'm hoping next season we can get more pros who haven't seen the finals since season 6 or who've never seen it (Chelsie).

stcroix, they haven't officially said anything, but my guess is they have something going on. I really think, though, it's probably a re-bound/protector type relationship and being apart from each in the fall might break it. But I hope not. I love romance Probably now they'll come out and say whether they are or aren't.

BTW, did Tom ever talk to Chad tonight?
    Last edited by karalott; 05-26-2010 at 12:58 AM.

No they just mentioned he was injured in OTA's with the Bengals. I was hoping to get a lookie at his hot body one more time. lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3914155;
    No they just mentioned he was injured in OTA's with the Bengals. I was hoping to get a lookie at his hot body one more time. lol
    Thanks. I remember Tom saying 'we'll talk to Chad later' but I didn't think they had. Way to show some acknowledgement to a guy who made the semi's But of course we had more important people to cover, like Kate's god-awful whatever that was that made Marie's doll dance look less scary.

FORT Regular

LOVE that the best dancers won. Nicole worked her buns off all season. She didn't just sit around and not even have to try. She did learn. She has natural ability. She used it to EARN this trophy!

FORT Fogey

All this ringer talk is wearing me out. I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but at the end of the day, this was the only season I've really enjoyed since Apollo's and it is because of the great cast and excellent dancing. Nicole and Evan are exquisite. And, I adored the rest of the cast - except Kate (but I have to admit that her foolishness made for some good television...what a twit).

There was just good juju all the way around this season. Great casting, great pairing with the dancers, hard-working celebrities who were there not to jump start dying careers but to enjoy the experience.

IMO, this season epitomizes what the show should be about. I loved every minute of it.

One thing....I am especially impressed by the pro dancers and how well they interact with their celebrities. They are an amazing bunch and deserve a tremendous amount of praise for their abilitiy to help the celebs flourish.

The relationships some of them form with their celebs is amazing. Louie and Niecy, Maks and Erin, Anna and Evan, and even Damien and Pamela were especially intimate. In each of these cases, the dancers gave MORE to the celebs than just dancing lessons. They gave them self-confidence and courage. To impart these things in others is a special gift, and they each have it in a big way (although I suppose it helps to have receptive celebrities).

I think this is another reason why I liked this season so much. The contestants (except Kate) were all really into the whole process. They enjoyed it, worked hard at it, progressed in it.

LOVED this season from beginning to end (well, I wish Shannon and Aiden would have lasted at least beyond Kate, and I hate to say it, Buzz).
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-26-2010 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3914175;
    All this ringer talk is wearing me out. I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but at the end of the day, this was the only season I've really enjoyed since Apollo's and it is because of the great cast and excellent dancing. Nicole and Evan are exquisite. And, I adored the rest of the cast - except Kate (but I have to admit that her foolishness made for some good television...what a twit).

There was just good juju all the way around this season. Great casting, great pairing with the dancers, hard-working celebrities who were there not to jump start dying careers but to enjoy the experience.

IMO, this season epitomizes what the show should be about. I loved every minute of it.

One thing....I am especially impressed by the pro dancers and how well they interact with their celebrities. They are an amazing bunch and deserve a tremendous amount of praise for their abilitiy to help the celebs flourish.

The relationships some of them form with their celebs is amazing. Louie and Niecy, Maks and Erin, Anna and Evan, and even Damien and Pamela were especially intimate. In each of these cases, the dancers gave MORE to the celebs than just dancing lessons. They gave them self-confidence and courage. To impart these things in others is a special gift, and they each have it in a big way (although I suppose it helps to have receptive celebrities).

I think this is another reason why I liked this season so much. The contestants (except Kate) were all really into the whole process. They enjoyed it, worked hard at it, progressed in it.

LOVED this season from beginning to end (well, I wish Shannon and Aiden would have lasted at least beyond Kate, and I hate to say it, Buzz).
    It was an amazing cast, so I agree. The ringer talk is pure from the heart from many who believe Nicole shouldn't have been there. Among any other of these castmates, Erin and Evan would have been final 2.

But, enough of beating a dead horse. The season is over and on to the next.

Wait.... still think Chad Ochocinco was the hottest this season!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3914052;
    Kara, you said Nicole would win from the first week! Can you predict next season's winner now (Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you could)!

Thanks for all your great FoRT contributions every season with regard to DWTS.

And I know everyone rooting for Evan and Erin are disappointed but it's a fun dance show and hopefully they'll get other fun opportunities that spring from this. I hoped Evan and Erin would both make it to the final and they did, so that's cool!

Have a great night everyone!
    You're welcome, and I forgot to share my conspiracy theories for next season: 1) an Olympian wins, and everyone will say that he/she won to make up for Evan's loss, that ABC must have gotten bombarded by angry e-mails over Nicole's win, Evan's dissing, and whoever it is will probably be polarizing.

2) If Julianne's back, they might as well re-name it Dancing with the Trio. It will become all about them. They've all won twice, and since the show kisses their butts, will probably give them ringers that would make Nicole look like Kate and make it a 3 way competition to see which one of them can be the first 3 time winner. Forget Cheryl being the first back to back winner, as I'm sure the show will. They could get the premiere and finale over in the same week, just have Derek, Mark, and Julianne on and let everyone else have off. It was either Derek or Mark that said awhile back, they would all want to compete together again and see who could win among the 3 of them for the third trophy. I'd root for Julianne. She's the only one who doesn't annoy me, has taken bigger lumps with the judges, and has had crappy partners.

I'll find out in August which I can go with

I'm glad at least two of my favorites made it to the finale. I wish we had a different outcome but we don't, I'll live, and have my memories of Erin/Maks and Evan/Anna. Along with my other favorites, they can go out proud with everything they've accomplished. This is really the closest I can ever remember a cast being, so I'm sure close friendships were made that's more important to them than a mirrorball trophy. My favorite thing is coming up now, and that's sleuthing for next season.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-26-2010 at 02:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread