+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Re: Who Would YOU Like to See on DWTS Next?

YES! Damien!

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4113701;
    Ahh, and it begins already. How will we ever make it until Feb when they announce the cast?

I'm going to go with the same ones I wanted for season 11 but weren't there:

Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Jessica Simpson
    ANYBODY from That 70s Show but ESPECIALLY Wilmer Valderamma or Mila Kunis
    Bo Jackson
    Kendra and/or Hank

Gonna add in some more I've thought of recently:

-Demi Lovato (Disney kid who's had some troubles & is cute as a button)
    -Christine Lakin (from Step by Step, she's said on Twitter she'd love to do the show) She's the nostalgic t.v. star & she's absolutely gorgeous.
    -Farrah Fath. She used to be on Days of Our Lives, I think now she's on General Hospital. ABC soap star
    -Kourtney Kardashian. I know Kim's already done it, but she was not DWTS material. Kourtney is. Outgoing, pretty, spunky. I think she'd rock it, and be way, way better than Kim, both in dancing and personality
    -A.J. Cook from Criminal Minds

Please show. Please nobody polarizing and/or disgusting like one of the Lohans, some more Jersey Shore twits, or anybody political. PLEASE. I just want fun from my favorite show. If your cast for S12 doesn't make me smile I'm outta here.

I know I'll think of more in the next couple of months.

Oh yeah, and I second the poster that said Colt McCoy. YUM!
    My dad's cousin works for Bo Jackson. He is a really genuine great guy.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I'm still kinda hoping for an All Stars. Folks who made it to the top 4 or 5 without winning the title.

I'd love to see Gilles, Joey Fatone, Sabrina, Brandy, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4113745;
    I was listening to the judges commenting on Lacey/Kyle, and I can't remember who said they add a freshness; while I don't really care for Lacey or her choreography, I think having some new pros brought in or brought back (as I think we have a pretty good pool as it is), would really add something to this. I love some of the pros, and am glad Maks, Anna, and Louis had some good, long lasting seasons as it had been awhile for them, but it added something new seeing different pros make it far aside from the same old faces. I wonder if they'll bring Peta in. She did some pro numbers for season 10 as well. I really like her. I like your list of favorites as well I'd add Christie Brinkley. She'd fit the older slot, but she looks downright gorgeous, and I think she'd probably be a surprise on the dance floor. Luckily, she's tall enough for Tony, Maks, or Jonathan.

I heard Sarah Palin is campaigning to get Christine O'Donnell on the show (please no ) Hopeful no more political types, at least not for a season or two (or ever, but I'll compromise).

For the reality slot, though I'm not sure his contract would allow it, but I'd go for Jeff Probst. I don't think the filming of the show conflicts with filming of Survivor. Kendra/Hank would also get my votes. I hope they don't go beyond the bottom of the barrell and pick Speidi. I'd revolt if I was the pro who got stuck with them. I wouldn't even wish Heidi on Derek or Mark (though Derek does deserve someone like that, just for all the luck he's had).

For sports, I'd love to see them get away from football and maybe cast someone from hockey or baseball. I don't think they've ever done that. Since the summer Olympics are a year away, maybe some of the Olympians that competed in the past (given injuries, I'm not sure any Olympian competing in the 2012 games would want to do it). I'd suggest Marion Jones. She was controversial in the steroid scandal but now plays pro basketball. Though I think the spring would conflict with the basketball season.

Nostalgia factor: Lea Thompson, Jonathan Frakes, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Neve Campbell, Anthony Michael Hall, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, anyone from the former TGIF or ABC comedy line ups.

And for a token soap star, I'd love to see Laura Wright or Genie Francis. Kim Zimmer, formerly of my soap Guiding Light, is on ABC now and I saw her in the audience a few times this season.
    Thanks, Kara. I like your list too, though I don't really know any of the soap stars you mentioned. The only ones I ever watched were Days and Passions. (speaking of Passions, Lindsey and Justin Hartley would be fabulous too, and that's a husband/wife pairing..too bad they aren't ABC stars!) And I read an article with Probst where he said he and him mom love to watch DWTS but he would never do it b/c he's hella uncoordinated. Sucks, because I would love to see him!

I really, really like Peta too. She's tall and gorgeous a la Kym and Edyta, I believe she's a bit older than the Mark/Derek/Julianne/Lacey/Chelsie crowd, or at least she projects herself to be, which I like. The more mature (acting) our pros, the better (though I do love me some Chelsie). Plus she and Damien are both so danged PRETTY. I really want both of them back. My dream pro list would be:

Guys:

Tony
    Damien
    Maks
    Jonathan
    Louis
    ?

Girls:

Anna
    Cheryl
    Peta
    Karina (for some reason she grew on me this year)
    Kym
    Chelsie

I don't think Alec or Edyta will be back, sadly. I know Edyta said the articles twisted her words but I still don't think they and the show parted ways nicely.
    Last edited by RyMac; 11-24-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4113776;
    My dad's cousin works for Bo Jackson. He is a really genuine great guy.
    I'm an Auburn Tiger. Love me some Bo, it would be so much fun to see him on DWTS!!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4113823;
    Thanks, Kara. I like your list too, though I don't really know any of the soap stars you mentioned. The only ones I ever watched were Days and Passions. (speaking of Passions, Lindsey and Justin Hartley would be fabulous too, and that's a husband/wife pairing..too bad they aren't ABC stars!) And I read an article with Probst where he said he and him mom love to watch DWTS but he would never do it b/c he's hella uncoordinated. Sucks, because I would love to see him!

I really, really like Peta too. She's tall and gorgeous a la Kym and Edyta, I believe she's a bit older than the Mark/Derek/Julianne/Lacey/Chelsie crowd, or at least she projects herself to be, which I like. The more mature (acting) our pros, the better (though I do love me some Chelsie). Plus she and Damien are both so danged PRETTY. I really want both of them back. My dream pro list would be:

Guys:

Tony
    Damien
    Maks
    Jonathan
    Louis
    ?

Girls:

Anna
    Cheryl
    Peta
    Karina (for some reason she grew on me this year)
    Kym
    Chelsie

I don't think Alec or Edyta will be back, sadly. I know Edyta said the articles twisted her words but I still don't think they and the show parted ways nicely.
    I would probably say the truth is in the middle somewhere. Edyta's departure and having nothing to do with the show, not even showing up in the audience when she's still friends with everyone involved, could all be a coincidence. Who knows. I miss her, and Alec My pro list would be nearly identical to yours, except I'd probably add Dmitry for the 6th guy. I don't really care, you have all my must haves, but I've grown to miss Dmitry slightly. I don't really care to see Karina back, but I hope if they do add Peta and Lacey is included again, that Anna, Kym, and Chelsie don't get the ax. One of them anyway. I honestly wouldn't mind a break from Cheryl, though she grew on me this season again. I don't know about Alec, but Edyta seems content in pursuing her school work, and I know she's mentioned wanting to have kids in the near future.

There's a lot of soap stars I'd love to see, but sadly they're all on different networks. I only know Kim Zimmer and Laura Wright from Guiding Light originally. Passions used to be one of my favorites.

Actually, Lindsay Hartley has gone over to All My Children, though she hasn't debuted yet, so she is in fact an ABC star now! I would love to her to do DWTS! I adore her!

I think the guy who played Van on Reba would be fun, or the lady who played Barbara Jean, though I think she hosts the Singing Bee on CMT.

Wayne Brady would also be great, though I'm sure he is busy with Let's Make a Deal!

As far as pros go, my favorite two are Louis and Cheryl, so I'd like to see them both back! They just seem like great teachers because no matter what duds they had, they brought out the best in them...or at least to me they did! Chelsie and Dmitry are also two of my favorites, so I hope they are back as well! Edyta has always been my least favorite pro, so I didn't really miss her this season, though I do think it's wrong that she got the shaft for so long!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I would NOT like to see anymore people on that do not really want to be there such as Kim Kardashian, Bristol, Master P, even Michael Bolton. It's no fun watching people who look like they would rather be anyplace but there. I think Kim Kardashian was one of the worst attitude people ever on the show and for that reason I would not like to see anymore kardashian's on.

The reason the stars are usually a little older is that it's hard to find a has been young person I suppose unless it was a child star.

How about NO ONE who is even peripherally involved in politics. Add to that no one who is "famous" for sleeping with someone who is actually famous and/or making a sex tape, posing in Playboy AND anyone who is famous just because their parents are famous.

I'd love it if they'd stick with actors, singers and athletes, with a few reality people (but not the nasty ones) thrown in. I haven't seen any names in this thread that get me very excited and some probably would never happen. The show always finds a few people every season that the audience isn't really familiar with and they often become favorites, like Kyle and Kelly O.

I'm better at knowing who I DON'T want on the show. The producers often find people I like, but would never have thought of for this show and I generally enjoy those people the most.

I'm really tired of polarizing figures. This forum needs less politics and discord and more snark and fun!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4113969;
    How about NO ONE who is even peripherally involved in politics. Add to that no one who is "famous" for sleeping with someone who is actually famous and/or making a sex tape, posing in Playboy AND anyone who is famous just because their parents are famous.

I'd love it if they'd stick with actors, singers and athletes, with a few reality people (but not the nasty ones) thrown in. I haven't seen any names in this thread that get me very excited and some probably would never happen. The show always finds a few people every season that the audience isn't really familiar with and they often become favorites, like Kyle and Kelly O.

I'm better at knowing who I DON'T want on the show. The producers often find people I like, but would never have thought of for this show and I generally enjoy those people the most.

I'm really tired of polarizing figures. This forum needs less politics and discord and more snark and fun!
    I have to think (and maybe it's all hope over anything) that even though Bristol gave them the highest ratings they've seen in years and that she was all the talk, they realize that their credibility on just about everything was thrown into the ring, and not everyone's going to buy their explanations. What are they going to say, yes they're e-mail system is hackable? Yes, they do give curves based on whether you're controversial or not with the judges scores? I don't think anyone involved expected this type of reaction from Bristol, and I don't think her or her family helped with the way they lashed out. I realize it's easy to attack when you're being attacked, but either way, it didn't help. She may have been the talk of the season, because otherwise it was an even more boring, dismal season, but was it really worth it? Since I love the show and hate that it's become about fighting with the pros, judges, and showmances, I say no. But what do I know.

Anyway, I realized that 95% of people I want to see have either come and gone, likely wouldn't do, or wouldn't be asked in the first place. I don't have a problem with reality show personalities, I would just prefer not to be someone that was castoff from a reality show after one try because they became some sob story or were highly hated by America. People that have done something, even if it's little, but gained fame by doing The Hills, Kardashians, etc...I don't really have a problem with. It just depends who they get I do hope they steer away from casting anyone that will cause any sort of drama and controversy. And quite honestly hope they themselves steer away from all the drama and controversy in the editing.

+ Reply to Thread