+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The problem I see most with the judging is that some couples can get away with performing a more entertainment rich dance over one that's technical and not breaking the rules, whereas other couples would get dinged for that. I think Maks might have been trying to go for that, especially since he seems to think it's bye-bye this week. Then there are couples who perform a more technical by the book routine and get dinged for not being entertaining enough. Sometimes it's a no win.

And as annoying as it is, this is what happens semi's week. Everyone gets rave reviews, high scores. I hate it as I think they should all be judged as they would have been 5 weeks ago, but oh well. I guess the show worries of a strong backlash with fan voting. And again, look at the sources of who's giving the 10s. They like your shoes they'll give you high scores. I guess the show thinks it's better TV to have a really positive, upbeat good old time than have the judges speak the truth.

I just want Erin and Evan here this time next week.

Wow, Nicole was one super cute little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3906138;
    It's crazy they got 2 10s for that. Giving a perfect score for a bobble is absurd.
    The "bobble" was Maks' though. And Erin should not be penalized for Maks' error. Any more than she should have been marked down by Len when Maks took off his shirt in their Samba.

You don't give a perfect score in semis when there is an obvious bobble. They should be upping their game at this point. I think judges want Chad out and upped Erin to try and save her. If he bobbled I bet he wouldn't get a 10 let alone 2.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3906140;
    The problem I see most with the judging is that some couples can get away with performing a more entertainment rich dance over one that's technical and not breaking the rules, whereas other couples would get dinged for that. I think Maks might have been trying to go for that, especially since he seems to think it's bye-bye this week. Then there are couples who perform a more technical by the book routine and get dinged for not being entertaining enough. Sometimes it's a no win.

And as annoying as it is, this is what happens semi's week. Everyone gets rave reviews, high scores. I hate it as I think they should all be judged as they would have been 5 weeks ago, but oh well. I guess the show worries of a strong backlash with fan voting.
    I agree, I but I also think when you see it you will also say it didn't deserve two 10's.

Erik and Nicole up next. Guess we will see another 30 here.

I'm sorry, but I'm finding Nicole's "Hah-vah-hees" and "ooh-koo-lay-lays" annoying.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Watch, Len who hates props will love the chair.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3906140;

And as annoying as it is, this is what happens semi's week. Everyone gets rave reviews, high scores. I hate it as I think they should all be judged as they would have been 5 weeks ago, but oh well. I guess the show worries of a strong backlash with fan voting.
    Maybe that's why he's had a bare chest for both dances? I thought it was excessive and he was trying to distract from his partner's shortcomings.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3906145;
    I agree, I but I also think when you see it you will also say it didn't deserve two 10's.

Erik and Nicole up next. Guess we will see another 30 here.
    I figure it'll even out because there have been dances where I thought they deserved 10s and didn't get them. I just want them in the finals

I'll scream if Len doesn't ding Derek and the ringer for props. What does that say to other pros who get screwed for messing about but he doesn't? I really wish someone would point that out but they'd probably be on Len's blacklist and, since the pros are friends with Derek, probably wouldn't want to mess with him.

The band deserves a nice punch in their mouths for that version of a Prince song. The screetching near the end by the lady with the stupid headpiece gave me an instant headache.

Also... its funny that Nicole had to dress like Prince, since Derek obviously couldn't pull it off!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread