+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 5/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Great performances tonight.

Voted on my home phone for Erin and Maks and then tried to call in some votes on the cell phone, split between Evan and Erin. Got a busy signal first and then when I did get through, it said I had reached my call limit from that phone number. Is that what is known as a "dirty vote"? When I tried to vote online, it said I was experiencing Internet Connection problems.

Oy. I hope the popular vote doesn't keep Chad in the competition. While he has improved, I agree with others that he appears to mostly stand there while Cheryl dances around him. He ain't no Gilles Marini, that's for sure.

Maks said the "bobble" was his fault - and celebs have never been penalized when their pros screw-up. I thought the dance was awesome. Besides, no one has yet explained to me how they justified NOT giving them 10's for their AT last week. Every time I see it, I'm blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3906223;
    Yay Evan!! Can't wait to watch later tonight. How many votes do we get by calling in tonight? Is it 5 this week?
    It should be 4 - you get as many votes as there are pairs each week
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3906084;
    Me neither. I'm Erin and Evan all the way (sorry Ms Dll I know you like Chad). Beyond those 2 I could care less, especially where the two pros are concerned.
    Me too, MsDll, just trying to figure out in a macro sense where Chad's support is coming from since a lot of people voting do tend to favor the better technical dancers. Chad totally seems like a cool guy, though, and certainly looks great - particularly shirtless - so more power to everyone supporting him.

Kara, why don't you like Cheryl? I must have missed that story.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3906257;
    Duh. Thanks! I love reading all your comments before the show begins on the west coast.

BTW -- Apolo Ohno will be in the audience tomorrow. Guess I've got a thing for the Olympians.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3906257;
    Even though the number of votes is usually equal to the number of pairs, I'm pretty sure it was 5 votes tonight.

My MIL just called me to discuss tonights show. "Who do you like?" I asked because we hadn't discussed it in a while. She told me who she didn't like and that's Nicole. I was very surprised because she's pretty fair and enjoys quality. She also is in her 80's and isn't aware of rumors. She told me she doesn't like Nicole's attitude and it didn't seem fair her being there with the others.
    Maybe, if she thinks that, others might, too!
    I agree Nicole's talented, she just doesn't bring me the joy watching her learn and grow that I have felt with the others (well not KHate, but everyone else!)

So, will someone post the scores for each pair for each dance tonight, please?

I walked in tonight during the background piece on Nicole. She and Derek just seemed so "showboat-y" tonight (one time while waiting for their second score) - and that's not even a word! I'll have to watch tomorrow, but I'll vote based on what your comments have been and what I thought to begin with!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Did I actually hear Evan claim he has NO dance experience?!

A quote (Evan's own words) from a New York Sports article titled "How Evan Lysacek got ready to Win Gold
    "Weight training and biometrics every other day, cardio every other day, and ballet once a week
    Ballet is dance, last I heard. Props to Erin and Nicole for showing a little of the experience they've had via their "packages".

That said, of the three with dance experience, Evan is by far my favourite. I hope so much that he wins this. It's not just him, but his pro is such a great choreographer, and it has been fun to watch their chemistry and growth in relationship throughout this competition.

It really is time for Chad and his slouchy shoulders to hit the road.

Eta: Did Derek have an incredible neck recovery between the first and second dance? After the second dance, he was celebrating and he did this head bang thing and I was like, "ouch!" Oddly, it didn't seem to faze him.

+ Reply to Thread