+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/11 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3900455;
    I know the pros can't say much, but if I were Maks I would be UPSET! Their AT deserved the encore dance, and the judges should have chosen a dancer that hadn't had an encore yet and had a fantastic dance. I still can't figure out why Erin didn't receive all 10's; they all three raved about her dance!

I'm really hoping a lot of people are disgusted with the favoritism being shown Nicole and Derek and will vote accordingly. She is a fantastic dancer, but she is so far above the competition level it's not funny. Just let her join the pros when the guest singers/bands are there and let others who need to improve and can show improvement compete!!
    In my dream world, they leave next week and we get a true DWTS experience. I don't want to see anyone leave next week except Nicole and Derek. Chad, Erin and Evan are truly improving every week and Nicole has been there since day one. A girl can hope!

Rats, I wanted to see Nicey stay and either Chad or Evan go home.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3900417;
    Thanks, karalott. This is only my second season of watching (the last was several years ago) but it really seems like the judging is all out of whack this year. Too high/too low/too inconsistent. And I would love to get the inside scoop on actual audience voting, but I know that will never happen.
    I went out to dinner with my mom and sister tonight, and we got talking about the show. Both watch but don't follow to the extent that I do. Anyway, my mom (whose always been a huge Derek fan) and my sister both agreed that Nicole has an unfair advantage and want to see anyone else but her win. They also commented on that judges scoring being all over the place, and thinking Evan's getting a raw deal. My sis said 'are they afraid he's going to win'. She watches other dance shows, SYTYCD and MTV's series, and said she sees people who can dance just as well as Nicole on those shows. I do feel like Evan is going to get lowballed just enough next week and the week after to keep him out of reach of the trophy so Golden Boy can get it. I can already hear the little nitpicky judges with Evan's freestyle as to what went wrong with it while the two pros put on a show stopping hip hop number that'll be music to CA's ears. She's really on the wrong show. I can only hope the negativity online is translating into less votes for Nicole/Derek. I feel like they're all the show has to cling to as this season was touted as being "the best ever!" She's the best dancer, and now Len says their paso is the best dance in all 10 seasons (seriously? He must have short term memory). I don't feel that way anymore, but they gotta keep the illiusion up. It's not doing any better than previous seasons. For weeks now, we've heard them prop Nicole up like they've never seen a professional dancer before. I'm hesistant to say how good Derek can really be until he gets someone that's either going to be really difficult attitude wise or who can't dance for crap. Since I think it'll come down to her and Evan, I'm hoping for Evan, but more Anna's sake. She's earned this, and they've had to actually get criticism and low scores and had to work to improve his little flaws that they judges can't get over. I'm just glad Maks isn't the only one putting his foot in mouth over questioning Nicole's advantage over everyone else for a change I feel like the general attitude of everyone left is that they just know how it's all going to turn out. I'm just ready for the Nicole/Derek show to be over and maybe next season, we'll get a real competition. Preferably Hough/Ballas-less but at the very least early exits for those two. Who knows, maybe the show will learn people will still watch without them dominating every season.

In my dream world, they leave next week and we get a true DWTS experience. I don't want to see anyone leave next week except Nicole and Derek. Chad, Erin and Evan are truly improving every week and Nicole has been there since day one. A girl can hope!
    At least those three are what this show is all about. They're out of their comfort zones, they're having to work, their pros are having to work, they're getting flack from the judges and criticism and getting called out-that's what the concept of this show used to be. Even Evan, who has a better advantage than Erin or Chad, isn't in the same ringer league as Nicole. The judges make that clear every week.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-11-2010 at 10:34 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Julika;3900306;
    what was up with Chad? Was he unhappy to be staying?
    I think those were tears of relief to be safe. Being in the B2 apparently really got to him. And they made him sweat it out the whole show. I thought he was the appropriate person in the B2 with Niecy, but still was a little surprised he was there. NFL players usually have such big fanbases.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I just saw the end of the "Dance Center" bit, and thought it was pretty cute. Loved the joke about Evan's electric personality and Len in the wig. Although I'd let Evan put me to sleep anytime. :-)

Thought Brooke's dress was pretty bizarre, with that feathery black python thing crawling up the front.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I went to the American Idol rehearsal on Tuesday. The DWTS results show was being taped shortly after the AI rehearsal was being held, and while we were waiting in line on the street I saw Louis Van Amstel driving onto the CBS lot. We called out to him (he was in a convertible), and he smiled and waved to us as he drove in. While we were waiting to be loaded into the studio, we saw Len, Carrie Ann & Bruno leaving the spray tan trailer. Len and Carrie Ann acknowledged us. Bruno was wearing a terry cloth robe and I signaled for him to open up his robe... he then flashed his chest at us. All in good humor... and a nice, unexpected perk to someone waiting in line for AI! BTW, the AI rehearsal was great... and all the performances were stellar.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3900455;
    I know the pros can't say much, but if I were Maks I would be UPSET! Their AT deserved the encore dance, and the judges should have chosen a dancer that hadn't had an encore yet and had a fantastic dance. I still can't figure out why Erin didn't receive all 10's; they all three raved about her dance!

I'm really hoping a lot of people are disgusted with the favoritism being shown Nicole and Derek and will vote accordingly. She is a fantastic dancer, but she is so far above the competition level it's not funny. Just let her join the pros when the guest singers/bands are there and let others who need to improve and can show improvement compete!!
    Count me in as being upset that Maks and Erin didn't get to do their AT again - and it does make me go hmmmmm that Nicole seems to be the favoured/favourite dancer this season - is there a possibility she could steal the trophy from evan??

With Chad in the B2 this week that bought him a spot in the finals

If Erin leaves next - I will not be watching the finale.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I just wonder... if Nicole wasn't around this season... would Evan be the one receiving all kinds of flak for being a ringer? As a figure skater, he's probably had more traditional (ballet, ballroom) experience than Nicole even. :/ Though, overall, she's probably had far more dance experience than Evan. It's actually kind of lucky for him Nicole IS around.
    I know I adore him, and part of the reason is he has to fight for that top stop in an underdog position.

I think it was definitely the right two in the bottom two this week. Either could have gone and that would have been fine with me. In fact, as much as Niecy's jokes bother some people, Chad's cockiness and his attitude that "the judges are hard on him", (bull), grates on my nerves. I think Niecy's good attitude, coupled with her great relationship with Louis, and her willingness to work hard and have fun, and thus improve... that is why she has stayed so long. Good for her.

It would be REALLY sad if Chad made the final and Erin didn't.

From night 1 it was a given that Evan and Nicole would be in the F3 - and since Nicole does have some formal dance training she's getting the brunt of the negativity. At least when Evan wasn't great his scores reflected that. He is a skater and it doesn't translate to the dance floor as well as Kristi Y. I find him cold and tight - which is a detriment for the Latin dances.

It was nice seeing Gilles last night!!

Why is Vera Wang there?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3900736;
    I just wonder... if Nicole wasn't around this season... would Evan be the one receiving all kinds of flak for being a ringer? As a figure skater, he's probably had more traditional (ballet, ballroom) experience than Nicole even. :/ Though, overall, she's probably had far more dance experience than Evan. It's actually kind of lucky for him Nicole IS around.
    I know I adore him, and part of the reason is he has to fight for that top stop in an underdog position.

It would be REALLY sad if Chad made the final and Erin didn't.
    I thought about this too, but I think what makes me like Evan over Nicole is that she simply doesn't want to admit/comprehend that she has an advantage over the others, while Evan immediately (first show) commented that he hopes his experience will help him in competion. So he just came out and admitted that somethings will come easier to him than others. But yes, having her around, does help him, but an the other hand I find that he does keep himself on the low, and I can't see him going to so much trouble to prove to people that he isn't a 'ringer'

Also Nicole might get 'bad edits' but I've said it before, they couldn't have portrayed her the way they did if she and Derek didn't give them the 'material' to do so. The overemphasing that this is so hard for just ruin her backstage clips. And her attention seeking during the live shows starts to bug me. It's really silly, but while others just clap normally, she and Derek have to clap their hands over their heads, they've done a few times now. I wonder what they're trying to prove. That they care so much more than others, because that make the effort to bring their hands over their heads? Why can't she just act normal? She tries to hard, and I just can't enjoy her.

I wished that Maks and Erin got the encore too or Anna & Evan. I loved their chacha, can't help, it's was cute

+ Reply to Thread