+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 5/11 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/11 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

As to the Nicole/Evan thing with her getting the brunt of the 'ringer' comments ---- it is unfair to her that no one seems to be saying the same things about Evan - he does have an advantage when it comes to learning the choreography, since that's what Ice skating is all about. And the judges have played the tug and pull by keeping these two Top 1 and 2 every week (with the exception of 1 week when Evan fell further down the leader board).

Having said that - Evan's schedule right now is absolutely crazy so he also can't dedicate as much rehearsal time to the dancing as Nicole can.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.....

This is Evan's to lose and all the Nicole 'ringer' talk is going to be for nothing.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

I agr
    ee with you. I am so surprised that people only talk about Nicole but not about Evan's unfair advantage. It is only that the judges rave about Nicole and do not give Evan such high points that people are not talking about him having the advantage but come on, let's be honest, he has the advantage together with Nicole. He is used to learning choreography so yes he also has a huge advantage over people like Chad , Niecy or Erin. I think the judges want him to win. They are not crazy, they are experienced so they know what is going on and how people feel. For me it is obvious they want Evan to win and he will.
    I've seen a lot of comments about Evan having an advantage. Maybe not here. Dunno. Although I think Evan has an advantage over someone with no dancing background, skating is still different from being a dancer. I think Nicole has the biggest advantage, then Erin and Evan over the others, because Erin does have extensive dance training, probably much more than Evan. I actually think it's Nicole's trophy to lose, but I think Erin could move up. I predict Nicole on top, then Erin, then Evan. Hopefully, Chad will be nowhere in the top three. My hunch is that Evan is bringing in the lowest vote totals of any of the remaining four, but I could be wrong.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julika;3903126;
    I agr

I've seen a lot of comments about Evan having an advantage. Maybe not here. Dunno. Although I think Evan has an advantage over someone with no dancing background, skating is still different from being a dancer. I think Nicole has the biggest advantage, then Erin and Evan over the others, because Erin does have extensive dance training, probably much more than Evan. I actually think it's Nicole's trophy to lose, but I think Erin could move up. I predict Nicole on top, then Erin, then Evan. Hopefully, Chad will be nowhere in the top three. My hunch is that Evan is bringing in the lowest vote totals of any of the remaining four, but I could be wrong.
    Wow. My thought all along has been that Evan is bringing in the highest vote totals!
    That's why I feel he has a good chance against Nicole. I didn't follow Olympics this time but many if not most people did and I could see him garnering a huge share of votes from that. Plus Olympic atheletes tend to be very popular on the show.
    IMO Evan has experience learning choreograpy, yes, but he also has to unlearn skating techniques that are contrary to dancing - like keeping your hips still and solid instead of fluid as for the Latin dances. That would be hard for any skater to "unlearn," but try doing it in the midst of performing skating routines. "What do I do tonight? Shake those hips or keep them tight and straight?"

Quote Originally Posted by Julika;3903126;
    I agr

I've seen this mentioned before and would like to know exactly what kind of "extensive" training Erin has had. Anybody know for sure? I am aware of her being on some dance team in college (ten+ years ago) and that her sister is a professional hip hop dancer. What else constitutes "extensive" and "much more than Evan"?

And I agree with those that think that as a recent Olympic figure skating gold medalist (and the only one the US had in these games in its most watched sport) Evan, like Shawn, Apolo and Kristi before him, has a huuuge fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3903182;
    I've seen this mentioned before and would like to know exactly what kind of "extensive" training Erin has had. Anybody know for sure? I am aware of her being on some dance team in college (ten+ years ago) and that her sister is a professional hip hop dancer. What else constitutes "extensive" and "much more than Evan"?

And I agree with those that think that as a recent Olympic figure skating gold medalist (and the only one the US had in these games in its most watched sport) Evan, like Shawn, Apolo and Kristi before him, has a huuuge fan base.
    Erin starred in this dance training video (available on Amazon):
    Amazon.com: Darrin's Dance Grooves [VHS]: Darrin Dewitt Henson…
    The video was published in 2002.

Most of the winners of this competition have has some background and training that includes movement control of one form or another. That training could be another form of dance or other athletic pursuits. I still think that the best three dancers this season are Erin, Evan, and Nicole regardless of their prior experience. These three belong in the finals. I shall award my final votes based on their performances.
    Last edited by DancingDad; 05-14-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3903222;
    Erin starred in this dance training video (available on Amazon):
    Amazon.com: Darrin's Dance Grooves [VHS]: Darrin Dewitt Henson…
    The video was published in 2002..
    When my daughter was in high school, Darrin Henson came to our local gymnastics club to do a workshop. She was teaching swimming there and teaching dancing to young girls at the studio she also attended. She went to the workshop. She told me it was all hip-hop style and more "jumping" than dancing. When she started college a few years later, she joined the dance team. She lasted one season for the same reason (and the fact that she was not crazy about their uniforms). She prefers lyrical ballet. She has never learned ballroom. She just finished college and watched this season. I haven't seen the video, but I imagine it's the same type of dancing on that - mostly hip-hop style. How many stars on this show have had that type of background? I haven't watched for long, but I think quite a few have.

Maks has said Erin had no ballroom experience. I don't think she's had extensive training, especially as a member of a college dance team!

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I saw Erin in an interview where she discusses the video she was in. To pick up some extra money, her sister (who is a dancer) wanted her to come with her and try out to be in this video when they were in college. She was chosen to be in the video (I think it was just during one day) and they did NSYNC type moves. She also was on her college dance (like cheerleading) team. That, from what I've heard is the extent of her dance training/experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011