+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Is this the kiss between Maks and Erin you guys are talking about? They were hot tonight IMO:

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3899444;
    Is this the kiss between Maks and Erin you guys are talking about? They were hot tonight IMO:

No, it was the one right when they got done with their rumba. Maks did that funky leg move with Erin, they wound up face to face, but I think it was just a kiss on the cheek after viewing it.

Their AT deserved a perfect score. They didn't disappoint with either dance. But something felt off tonight. I felt like, for once, two dances seemed one too many for the couples. Chad/Cheryl had some weird lack of chemistry going on. I don't know if she's getting frustrated or what. Niecy obviously wasn't happy with the judges, but she probably knows she's on the chopping block. Did Len make some reference as to why he didn't get Evan's cha cha being futrisitic-when that was the whole point? I'm not crazy about these theme nights. There really nothing more than just dancing to some song from said theme and dressing the part. Nothing special about it except getting a smackdown from the judges if you use too many props/gimmicks, even though it's allowed.

FORT Fogey

Just a thought about Derek always getting the ringer....there are other things to consider besides favortism. Height, personality, background, etc. all come in to play.

For example, I can't picture Erin with anyone much shorter and less playful than Maks. I can't picture Kate with the younger or shorter dancers. I can't picture Neicy with anyone by Louis - they match in age, tempermant, and size.

At the end of the day, I think the show makes the pairings in a way that brings out the best in everyone. Nicole wouldn't shine they way she has with any of the other dancers. Nor would Erin. And, Kate would have lasted one episode if she were paired with any of the other guys. They wouldn't have taken it as well as Tony did, I think.

In addition, the other male dancers are much more traditional than Derek. Derek has the ability to blend both the traditional and current dance worlds and this is a another reason why it makes sense that he was paired with more current performers.

I think the match ups were perfect this season with one exception - Ocho and Evan could have used taller partners. Ocho, in particular, seems to hunch over to meet up with Cheryl and I personally think it's hampering his ability to be the best he can be on the dance floor. I see this in Evan, too, but he manages it a bit better than Ocho, I think. Both couples have great chemistry; it just seems that they are off a bit from the physical perspective.

I liked how Louis called out Sherzinger the Ringer for having an unfair advantage.

Erin's jump was epic! Some people just know how to fly.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3899320;
    I know lots of people don't care for Derek on these boards, but I have to say, I think he is the BEST choreographer the show has ever seen, and he and Nicole together are the most enjoyable couple I've ever watched on the show. They really shine as a couple.

I also think that neither Derek nor his sister are remotely arrogant. Neither has demonstrated any sense of entitlement at all (at least not that I've seen).

They are hardworking and supportive of their partners - just like all the other dancers.
    I completely agree with this. Derek does a great job without complaint and with great enthusiasm. He has the moves and choreo to back up his scores. He is a standout. I have noticed that the show is lacking without Julianne who really is more accomplished than the others they brought in to replace her. They are both outstanding and deserve respect for not only their professionalism and skill level but also for their work ethic. He has lucked out with partners but looking back he has had some average ones too that he did a great job with. Julianne had some clunkers too although not on the level that poor Edyta. I think they give Edyta clunkers knowing that she could carry the show without having a standout but that has not worked the past couple of shows. I don't think it's a lock even if you do get a good partner because of the fanbase factor and chemistry and work ethic. There is more to it than being able to dance well. We've seen some good ones go before their time and bad ones stick around long after they should have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3899451;
    I liked how Louis called out Sherzinger the Ringer for having an unfair advantage.
    When did he do that?

And I don't see how anything Nicole is doing is "unfair". It's not her fault she got cast when she did, got the partner she did, and was put up against the people she's competing against. She has a dancer's body, but so does Evan, and so does Erin, and so does Chad. I think she's being unfairly judged simply because people don't know her as well.

She got all my votes tonight, simply because for all her talent, there seems to be so much negative reaction to her that it's possible for something utterly ridiculous to happen, like being #1 on the leaderboard and going home anyway. If something as crazy as that happens, I think ABC has to re-evaluate the balance of weight between the judges' scores and the viewer vote. Talk about unfair...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Good show - time for Niecy to leave - Erin rocked that Arg Tango - and was it derek who called out Evan for being cold - I completely agree.

and yeah - I saw that full on kiss Maks planted on Erin.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

ArielFlies --- Kiptyn was at the show last night. He mentioned it in his tweets. Thats the third or fourth time he's been there.

Cheryl took an unsubtle shot at Nicole last night like Louis did with her comment about dancing without previous experience to appeal to the voters for why they should keep Chad and her on the dance floor.

ABC casting doesn't have the excuse this season like they did when Melissa Rycroft replaced an injured star at the last minute. Nicole shouldn't take the heat for really bad casting unless you believe she shouldn't have accepted the offer because of her experience.

In my opinion ABC shouldn't have made the offer and Nicole should not have accepted. It was poor judgment by both parties.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

These scores are almost a joke. Having Nicole on this show, she is so far ahead of the others. Its a shame! I dont watch anymore this season, so Im only going by the scores. What did the one judge say, He couldnt tell who was the professional....Its like mixing Derek in with the other contestants, and make them battle it out with him....

+ Reply to Thread