+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: 5/03 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/03 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl;3893658;
    I went with my Mom to a "ladies who lunch" type of thing today. Most women there were late, late 60's to 80's. DWTS came up during the discussion. None of them go to forums, in fact none of them knew they existed. Here's their perceptions:

They all thought Kate Gosselin was horrible. 100% Consensus is that Niecy is going home tonight. Several couldn't believe that "that adorable, sexy charmer Jake went home". Many are hoping he'll pursue Hollywood. I mentioned that he wasn't that popular and many people online think he's cheesy. You'd have thought I had at least 3 heads from the looks I got!

Most of them LOVE Nicole and Derek. Several of the women adore Derek. I mentioned about thinking of Nicole as a "ringer" and Derek having his fair share of non-likers. Again I was not very popular.

The next popular couple are Evan and Anna. Evan is just totally respected.

Max. ALL these ladies (including me) drool over Max. I jokingly said, "I'd hit that" figuring they'd not get it - but a chorus of "yeah, me too!" was what I got!

No one said anything about Pam or Chad.
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing. I have a suspicion a lot of people feel that way about Jake. Thinking back to before I OD'd on him in TB and found this forum and realized he wasn't just the nice-guy-looking-for-love person I thought he was, I might have agreed.

I tend to believe that unless he really has the acting chops, he won't make it very far in Hollywood because his personality is a bit too flat to hold anyone's interest for long. On the other hand, all of the women who got famous for having sex with Hugh Hefner seem to be doing OK.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3893347;
    favorites of the night were

Chad/Cheryl - OMG! Chad look hot in that white outfit His lines were smooth like butter. He's getting much better. As always, I love Cheryl.

Evan/Anna - They deserved all 10's. This couple was just on point tonight. Great job!

The group dance was just okay. The first team was good. Didn't know what Pamela was doing. The Madonna team.....not so much. And did we really need to see all of Neicey Nash size 8 in that bodysuite?

bottom two: Neicey and Pamela.
    Oh, dear . . .do you mean a Size 18, perhaps? Cuz Size 8 is not big and it's definitely not what Niecy was showing us in that bustier leotard thingie! God help me if size 8 is a plus size now 'cause it's my goal size!

Niecy is very light on her feet for a bigger gal and very attractive. I don't think she needs to change a thing about her physical appearance. Most gents especially in the black community like a little something to hold onto and Niecy's got that li'l somethin somethin. She's well-proportioned, and her hair and makeup always look gorgeous. Then she opens her mouth and the illusion is somewhat spoiled . . lol. Anyway, kudos to her for lasting this far and for putting it all out there in that bodysuit next to the skinny chicks. I like the comic chemistry with Louis but he is so diminuative it has been a challenge for him to partner her. If she were with a more strapping man she would look more delicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3893698;
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing. I have a suspicion a lot of people feel that way about Jake. Thinking back to before I OD'd on him in TB and found this forum and realized he wasn't just the nice-guy-looking-for-love person I thought he was, I might have agreed.

I tend to believe that unless he really has the acting chops, he won't make it very far in Hollywood because his personality is a bit too flat to hold anyone's interest for long. On the other hand, all of the women who got famous for having sex with Hugh Hefner seem to be doing OK.
    Those older maternal-type ladies must be responding to the wholesome lad-next-door vibe put forth by Jake and Derek. Guess none of them tuned into the Bachelor to see their prisitine Jakey gettin' all skanky with the likes of Vienna then. Jake is not bad-looking, quite photogenic actually. But he is so plastic and dull I couldn't see those pearly whites without feeling a bit queasy.

Now, Derek I haven't figured out the appeal, quite. I am new to the show so perhaps I am off-base, but my newbie impression off the bat is that Derek is not strictly heterosexual. Am I wrong? A good dancer, yes, but so goofy. I I don't like something about his face. He and Nicole work well together but they are so evenly matched as to height. Last night with her hair up, she was taller, and as delicately-boned as she is, she seems often too big for him. He does look young, like somebody's grandson, and you might wanna pinch his cheeks and he could smarm the grandmas. But he does not inspire lust in this viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3893678;
    Actually, .

They thought Kate was horrible, in general (personality, demeanor, etc.), or just at dancing?
    The comments centered on her dancing - or lack of dancing. It would have been interesting to see how they thought about her otherwise.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3893309;
    . . .And I know there isn't always a right or wrong way to act happy on this show, but it was interesting how Evan/Anna took to getting a perfect 30 (Anna's first ever) compared to some couples in the past who acted like they just won the lottery.
    Evan shows a great deal of class, something he has worked hard for I'm sure, although I think it also is part of his personality. Anna has earned the right to be excited, she's put in the time and hard work (like the others) and deserves the recognition just as much, but she also showed her grace last night.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread